It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military confirms 3-hour lull in Gaza to allow aid

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

JERUSALEM – Israel's military says it has suspended its Gaza offensive for three hours to allow aid and fuel into the embattled Palestinian territory.

news.yahoo.com...

So even as they go after Hamas Israel does what it can for the Palestinian people. Kind of kills the Hamas Lovers arguements on here of Israel targeting Palestinians.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Hamas have also agreed not to fire any rockets in the three hour period.After that israel can go back to dropping 500 pound bombs on densely populated areas and kill even more civilians.
I wonder how much aid you can get into gaza within three hours to feed nearly 1.5 million people.Awfully nice of israel.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

I want to star all your posts GamerGal, but everytime I see your picture I see brightly glowing stars in your eyes.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Hamas have also agreed not to fire any rockets in the three hour period.

Actually at first they refused and they said they would continue the rocket attacks. You know - those rocket attacks that they continually rain down upon Israeli civilians in order to try to kill as many of them as they can. You know - those rocket attacks that CAUSED THIS WHOLE SITUATION.

However, they now agree to stop for three hours. Probably due to pressure from others who are embarrassed by the behavior of Hamas.

Allowing 'aid' is dumb. It won't go to those who need it.
Hamas wil steal it. That's their M.O.
They don't care about the civilians in Gaza.
if they did, they never would have started rocketing Israel to begin with.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Ever heard of propaganda and manipulation. If you believe what's written in this article, and think the Israeli government actually cares for the Palestinian people, then you're a mug. Wake up! All governments always use the media to portray themselves as the good guys, but behind the scenes it's business as usual.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by kindred]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Solomons
Hamas have also agreed not to fire any rockets in the three hour period.

Actually at first they refused and they said they would continue the rocket attacks. You know - those rocket attacks that they continually rain down upon Israeli civilians in order to try to kill as many of them as they can. You know - those rocket attacks that CAUSED THIS WHOLE SITUATION.

However, they now agree to stop for three hours. Probably due to pressure from others who are embarrassed by the behavior of Hamas.

Allowing 'aid' is dumb. It won't go to those who need it.
Hamas wil steal it. That's their M.O.
They don't care about the civilians in Gaza.
if they did, they never would have started rocketing Israel to begin with.

Yes i do know what caused this whole situation,israel breaking the ceasefire that was in place on november 4th.Then thinks people are so gullable to fall for their propaganda that states the contrary all of a sudden.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Hamas broke it by firing rockets. They broke it first and Israel is responding

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Wheres your evidence to prove hamas broke it first?

Israel broke the ceasefire first and hamas responded by raining hell on israel.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by t0ken]

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 7-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by t0ken

Need I remind your quote? "Give me a reason too like them." You hate all Jews, anything you say is tainted with that hatred. And no one provides proof Israel broke it, we have proof, in the thousands of missiles fired at Israel for weeks now.

Throughout the ceasefire, Israel's blockade sustained a public health crisis disabling hospitals, forcing more than 1.5m people to drink dirty water, and slowly starving the entire area.

Israel recognizes Hamas enough to have a ceasefire on paper, but not enough to negotiate humanitarian relief. (The nominal relief provided was not enough to sustain a population of more than a million people with a completely destroyed infrastructure).

When the ceasefire ended hamas pounded israel.

And you might wana check out ISRAELiWOOD:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7-1-2009 by t0ken]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Let me make this clear

Personal attacks on other members WILL NOT be tolerated.

It can't be put any clearer than that.

Since this action in Gaza broke out certain people seem to think that the ATS Terms and Conditions don't apply. They couldn't be more wrong.

Ad-hominem and off topic posts WILL be removed. I hope thats clear.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I have gone through practically every thread regarding this recent conflict and I am amazed at the fact that no one mentions the everlong and everlasting conflicts between Fatah and Hamas. They have been killing each other for years.

Fatah wants peace with Israel and Hamas wants war. Fatah supports the theory of two states existing side by side. Hamas does not recognize Israel and advocates complete resistance.

Just look at the contrast between the Fatah city of Ramallah and the Hamas armpit of Gaza City. Ramallah is quite civilized and its citizens enjoy a comfortable (normal) lifestyle. The poor citizens of Gaza City can barely eek out and existence because of the self imposed noose that Hamas has placed on the region. They ration bread and the cowardly Hamas controls every aspect of life by threatening the civilians with death or bodily harm.

All of this new aid coming into the area during the 3 hour cease fire will never be used to help those who need it.

The only solution to peace in this area is to place all focus and efforts with Fatah. The average palestinians /majority who want peace will see this and will isolate the others who side with the Hamas terrorists.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I have gone through practically every thread regarding this recent conflict and I am amazed at the fact that no one mentions the everlong and everlasting conflicts between Fatah and Hamas. They have been killing each other for years.

Ehhh No, Hamas have stepped in recently while fatah have been governing palestine for decades.

Israel still killed and maimed thousands of palestinians while the 'Moderate' Fatah were in power.In 2001 they flatenned a town in West Bank called Jenin.

There was no Peace when fatah were in power and there won't be any while hamas is in power.The only difference is Fatah are israeli puppets while Hamas knows how to respond.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by t0ken

Ehhh No, Hamas have stepped in recently while fatah have been governing palestine for decades.

Israel still killed and maimed thousands of palestinians while the 'Moderate' Fatah were in power.In 2001 they flatenned a town in West Bank called Jenin.

There was no Peace when fatah were in power and there won't be any while hamas is in power.The only difference is Fatah are israeli puppets while Hamas knows how to respond.

Your statements just about sum it all up. You have no solutions. As an American I will never understand the fighting in that region. How about bulldozing the entire region into the sea.

Start from scratch. Otherwise, there will never be peace in that region as long as Iran and Syria controls Hamas. Yes, Hamas is a puppet of Iran and Syria.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by Solomons

Hamas broke it by firing rockets. They broke it first and Israel is responding

Israel launched an airstrike which guess what? broke the ceasefire.There were no rockets fired during the peace deal until israel broke it...and even then like i have said before,israel still had a no go area inside gaza where people were shot on sight if they entered..on their OWN land.Israel was still controlling gaza's borders,airspace and coast.Im surprised people in gaza and hamas actually put up with that for so long.

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Solomons]

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

In 2001 they flatenned a town in West Bank called Jenin.

No they didn't. This is Pallywood. The Palestinians claimed hundreds died, total count? 22 the low, 52 the high. And why? They were fighting, not Israel attacked, but fighting. Two sides shooting at each other. Just like when Americans and Japanese soldiers shot at each other and some troops died. www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7-1-2009 by GamerGal]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

quote]

How about bulldozing the entire region into the sea.

How about just bulldozing all the jews into the sea? They are the main source of the problem.NO jews,no gods chosen people,no hidden agendas=No war.Its as simple as that.

Start from scratch. Otherwise, there will never be peace in that region as long as Iran and Syria controls Hamas. Yes, Hamas is a puppet of Iran and Syria.

It doesn't matter who hamas is controlled by.The whole of ME region doesn't like israel and its illegal existance.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
They need to expand it from 3 hrs to 3 days then 3 weeks, months and years.......sigh.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
"All we are saying is give Peace a chance." John Lennon

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join