It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many times do I have to repeat myself? .... Hollywood is pulling the ultimate mind trick on you.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

So, the big bad "they" make you watch a gazillion hours of TV, or shell out the big bucks to go see the latest "two thumbs up" flick at the local theater?

I don't think I've ever been forced to go to a movie...or watch a gazillion hours of TV. That's all my choice, not that it happens, I find most TV absurd, and somewhat pointless.

Apparently, I'm immune to the "mind tricks" it's been several years since I set foot inside a movie theater...

If you, and apparently a whole slew of others, want to see some huge conspericey in a movie, I can't stop you. But ya know, most times a movie is just that, a movie.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980

I thought there was something in 80's cartoons, you know the ones which usually finished with a moral message told by the lead charachter. I made a thread on it to try an find out if the cartoons had any effect or influence on you/yourlife. It was starting to get a bit interesting. Some even uncovered a few interesting plot line and themes, the thread died pretty much when it got moved to the TV forum in BTS:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I have to agree there (new member 2nd post by the way so excuse me for being quite basic in my response) we had this discussion in work a few months back and one of my colleagues said that a possibility for what happens in 2012 is shown in the intro of the old 80's cartoon Visionaries (sorry Im not advanced enough to post vids yet) and theres a few more examples I may look up if anyones interested. I agree that not all tv & cinema is directed towards fooling or educating us but there is definately some evidence of it......Anyone going to see 2012 in the cinema when its released hmm??

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
Am I the only one who is seeing this, I wonder sometimes.....

Uhm., yes.

Like others have said, it's *business* - it's about making money and marketing so that people are captivated and held in the illusion it creates.

There are always strange, recurring patterns, symbols, motifs, etc -- "archetypes". Humans love this; we love patterns, making order out of chaos.

And the film business capitalises on this. It's no different than any other big business/corporation out there, apart from the product they sell : entertainment.

No conspiracy theory here.. move along people, move along.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
finally,,, a voice of reason. It's just entertainment...whatever we think you want for entertainment....so if you're iritated with what is being put out there for your viewing choices, blame society as a whole.

We produce what the viewing public wants. That's good business. Give the people exactly what they want.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Not so much a hollywood thread but maybe a general entertainment thread.

My second line.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Wow... Your paranoid
Your drawing on parallels which technically are just artistic coincidental implementations in the movie...

Yes, sometimes movies try to pass on subliminal messages and yes, fight club may in some way be trying to show us something deeper... But its hardly in a negative propaganda way.... They just want us to open our minds to alternative concepts.... Its not "Mind Control" as you put it

The way I see it, is that you are so paranoid that you are trying to make us believe it by pointing out objects or phrases which do not have the same or did not intend to have the same meaning as that of what you are trying to portray. Infact you yourself already stated that you are one of the few people on ATS that believe this to be true

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

Am I the only one who is seeing this, I wonder sometimes.....

Uhm., yes.

Like others have said, it's *business* - it's about making money and marketing so that people are captivated and held in the illusion it creates.

There are always strange, recurring patterns, symbols, motifs, etc -- "archetypes". Humans love this; we love patterns, making order out of chaos.

And the film business capitalises on this. It's no different than any other big business/corporation out there, apart from the product they sell : entertainment.

No conspiracy theory here.. move along people, move along.

For crying out loud im talking about plots and messages put into the film by scriptwriters not pre knowledge of events or hidden symbols etc etc.

I do side with some of what you are saying in particular regarding patterns etc.

However reserve your sarcasm for someone else.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrvalleyboy

Originally posted by MCoG1980

I thought there was something in 80's cartoons, you know the ones which usually finished with a moral message told by the lead charachter. I made a thread on it to try an find out if the cartoons had any effect or influence on you/yourlife. It was starting to get a bit interesting. Some even uncovered a few interesting plot line and themes, the thread died pretty much when it got moved to the TV forum in BTS:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I have to agree there (new member 2nd post by the way so excuse me for being quite basic in my response) we had this discussion in work a few months back and one of my colleagues said that a possibility for what happens in 2012 is shown in the intro of the old 80's cartoon Visionaries (sorry Im not advanced enough to post vids yet) and theres a few more examples I may look up if anyones interested. I agree that not all tv & cinema is directed towards fooling or educating us but there is definately some evidence of it......Anyone going to see 2012 in the cinema when its released hmm??

Too right i'm interested, post away. The storylines and plts in those 80's cartoons where quite in depth given the age group they were aimed at.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I was a Master Mason. I am a former amateur boxer. I practice BJJ and Dog Brothers Kali. I can assure you, the Masons, are no "Fight Club". In fact, if the masons control America and the World then we are screwed because these fellows can't decide on what sort of ice cream to by for a meeting!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Since Jesus is in all men, guess what his thorny crown is made of?

Hollywood twisted thorny and pushed onto our heads. You guys see the blood dripping into your eyes yet?

I tend to think Hollywood is a confessional of sorts. Someone said, "If they don't want you to believe it, they put in a movie". You are spot on

Star Wars...really our past
Star Trek...really our future
2001...Daaaa, Daaaaah, Daaaaaahhhhhh, DA DAH, boom bum, boom bum...this one is to obvious....Hal gets mad at America and takes out the only two lifes that can maintain it.
2010...The year we make Contact....
Stargate...symbolism of our entry and departure
Hell Raiser...you'll see
Nightmare on Elm Street....you'll see
Holloween....Michael Myers....his face is white.
Independence Day....Market test for destruction of america...successful!
Matrix and Tron....Yep
Dark City....who are those funny looking men in black hats and trench coats...Learn how to "Tune"
Mission Impossible....Really not all that impossible.
Deep Impact....*This one...watch and take away as much as you can, you'll see a lot of this story line coming alive in the next few years. After all, He is driving Ms. Daisy.
Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind...symbolism, symbolism, symbolism. Pay real close attention to the Mountain and what it represents.

Brought to you by the best story tellers in the world....yada, yada, yada

God Job Doomsday, Hit me up u2 if you want. I'd like to work with you on this.

Peace, Ltru

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

For crying out loud im talking about plots and messages put into the film by scriptwriters not pre knowledge of events or hidden symbols etc etc.

I do side with some of what you are saying in particular regarding patterns etc.

However reserve your sarcasm for someone else.

And I'm saying it's exactly those things -- plots and messages that are put into films that the Hollywood execs/writers/etc do in order to capture the interest of people.

Movies about recurring numbers like 666, 3, or secret organisations, angels & demons, heaven & hell, freemason symbols about cults, etc -- it SELLS!

*That's* why they are in there. Not as some secret conspiracy to "prep" people for a NWO. It's marketing, finding the best angle on an idea or story so that the masses will spend their cash and watch it.

And you're not above anyone else here -- you'll be sarcasm'd just like the rest of 'em

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
To the OP after watching you film, and seeing the final scene in which the two towers come down I immediately realized something. In the film the idea was to take down the banks and credit companies right? Well it might not have been all banks in the WTC (maybe not even 1) but I do find it odd that, 1. The towers were brought down like in the movie and 2. Currently our credit companies/markets and many banks have been closed or brought to their knees. That is just a little creepy....

and awfully sequential.

(in the last ten years these two events are arguably the most influential in Americans lives)

edit to add "markets"

[edit on 7-1-2009 by 911fnord]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

To me, this post just makes you sound racist. I hope that is not the way you intended it to be.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on Thu Jan 8 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Recently I watched movie called Wanted.
*spoiler alert*

U see, we have a sissy boy, who trough the movie becomes a bad ass, and we have cool effects and action, and Angelina is there. And at the end The Sissy Boy Turned Bad Ass starts saying about taking control over his life, and how he is cool and stuff, and then: the question: "What the *snip* have you done lately (or something like that).
If I was some stupid kid who doesn't konw what to do with life, I'd probably go and join military after watching that movie, and f**kin do sometin lately... Kill one, save thousands n stuff..
Yeah, there should be a thread about Hollywood and their manipulation. I flag.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
People have been fooled into thinking Hollywood is about making money by providing harmless entertainment. It's all about mind control.

How many times have you heard someone say, "that's not real, it was in this movie"?

If you wanted to keep the masses from discovering something, how would you go about it?

Make a movie about it. All the dumb people will never believe it's real then...

conversely, it seems that if you want tons of people to believe something is real, true or actually happened, preface the movie with "Based on a true story" and you can stretch, twist and pull the truth into shapes you never dreamed of, and people will take it as gospel. throw in some eyecandy and special effects, and people will even write books proving its true for you.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nsaeyes

Proof that you are a writer?

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

*Please edit the quoted portion to the salient material needed to make your point!
There is no need to repeat entire posts within the body of your response*

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Great thread!!

Hollywood = Magic Stick
Magic stick = wand? witchcraft?

Great conditioning tool.

Bread and circus. Keep the masses entertained and fat while our money and constitutional rights disappear.

Amuse = no think
a = no muse = think

Keep our brains turned off through amusement.

Everything we watch should be done with discernment and critical thinking. The trouble is, after so many generations of public schooling and hollywood, people no longer know what programming and conditioning is.

I have so much to say about this subject and more to learn. I hope it finds a home here.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Is it possible to agree with both sides of this issue? Hollywood is in the business of making money, undeniable. They also use some of the tactics listed above by other posters IMO to inform and decensetize (sp) the public on many issues. Infotainment is also being used if you haven't noticed on Discovery, History, Nat Geo, and others. All of these one hour shows dedicated to informing the public on how to survive, or what not to do, has to have some significance in this topic. Personnally I have learned quite alot from some of these shows and shouldn't be discounted as giberish or pure fiction. So, I'm gonna go ahead and sit on the fence here and agree with both sides to some extent.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
I have actually been clean of TV and movies for about 6 months now. And I must say I feel fantastic.

My wife likes to watch MTV and VH1 .. excuse me
. Hope she doesnt see this lol

But I cannot get over how much garbage there is on TV, and even at the box office.

I have been saying for a long time that perhaps the government is trying to warn us through movies and TV programming. The best way to hide a secret ... is in plain sight.

The world we live in is not a fantasy land... is it so hard to believe that our own could be out to get us?

i don't watch much tv either. my kids are also into vh1 and mtv and omg, reality tv is just awful!

i have read that there is an illuminati law that the public must be warned before anything is done. if that's true, there are some perverted beliefs steering our ship.

we need to channel our thoughts back into this reality.

and get these people some help before they do something that none of us are immune to.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Kat77]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that Hollywood is putting masonic symbolism all over the place. Don't forget that it's not limited to Hollywood, though. Television shows, the news, comedy shows, and even cartoons all contain these things. I mean, just look at the blatant symbolism in Ghostbusters. It doesn't get any more obvious than that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join