It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many times do I have to repeat myself? .... Hollywood is pulling the ultimate mind trick on you.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Nice words and making sense, my parents never raised us with television which was a blessing in itself, but try telling all the striving wannabe hollyfoolers that want to be rich and famous that you don't watch TV. This is foolish within itself, people assume I'm jealous and envious of the stars.. puke.. i've been knocking follywood along time at www.knowrespect.com.. I basically know this indelible obsession with ugg boots, blockbuster movie stars, attractiveness and annual income are the most important elements of our culture. The neuro linguistic programming is what keeps individuals distracted from their own consciousness and individuality. People that watch movies are just looking for their next style to consider or trend to follow. We cannot just let the lemmings go over the cliff, because what happens to lemmings will happen to us, regardless of whether or not we watch television or movies. What ever is intended to be viewed, was for all of us too see, so we can be oblivious to the implications but we cannot escaped them.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The difference too today, is that the industry portrays what is actually happening in the world and sometimes in gruesome details.

Not like the 1950's where we had the "cold war," Korean War, Apartheid in
South Africa and the development of the H-Bomb, McCarthyism and widespread famine in China leaving about 20 million dead, and an earthquake in the Aleutian Islands measuring 9.1.

What was on TV? The Donna Reed Show, Leave it to Beaver, Father Knows Best, Howdy Doody, The Milton Beryl Show, and Superman! The list goes on.

I don't think that the NWO NEEDS to get involved in the industry, as it is doing the work so well for them, anyway.

That is not to say that there aren't well placed people in the business to help it along - a bit. Teasers! Or a suggestion placed in the right ears to put forth propaganda that serves its purpose.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nsaeyes

okay, let's take that simpson image for example....and let's say for the sake of argument that the image was indeed put there on purpose by the creators of the Simpsons.....what is the message, and more importantly, who is the message to?

who are they trying to warn through the cartoon, that they couldn't/wouldn't call on the phone, e-mail, text, see in person in some dark alley, etc., etc..?

one other question, in what way is this image meant to control society?

A lot of it is for sensationalism IMO.

I believe the greater danger comes from the breakdown of morality, and the promotion of materialism, narcissism ( you can never be too rich, too thin, or too tan) and desensitizing addiction and violence.

Assisting mankind to not think on their own, and to make permissible; actions and behavior that was considered abhorrent in the past.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

You're reaching.
Don't get me wrong, I know that T.V. is the most insidious WMD in use in today’s world.
It's just that you're chasing shadows. There are far more substantial examples to be used to further the cause.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
All media has a story to tell all those involved take pride in there work just like you do in your job.
We all a message what is yours? making change for a bill?
Look at what people do for a living.Entertainment is big $..
How can you stir the pot?
Fear not.
You are not alone.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bignick

On February 17, 2009, after having a television in my homes for 57 years, I will bid a fond adieu to the box, the boob tube, the television. I am not getting THE CONVERTOR box as I don't want it. I don't have cable because I don't need it. Right now I'm down to watching 30 minutes of TV per week -which is the NBC show "The Office"and golly they're already in re-runs and I can watch it at my choosing on the Internet (I'm the coming trend that way).
I may shed a tear or two for all the history I've watched over half a century. From Queen Elizabeth II's coronation, to Princess Diana's funeral, from JFK's assassination to Neil Armstrong I guess, walking on the moon (not too sure on that one).
It's been quite a ride from "Leave It To Beaver" and "Father Knows Best" to "Friends" and "Sex and the City" and from Edward R. Murrow to Colbert Nation, whew. The things I've learned; the time I've wasted.
I should be okay though, I haven't read or subscribed to a newspaper in years and I'm up to snuff on current events.
My only concern is how long it'll be before the Internet is taken over, limited and censored and turned into pablum for the masses.
"And that's the way it is, Wedsnesday January 7, 2009" - "Good night Chet, good-night David and Good night Mrs. Kalabash wherever you are"!!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
oops, wrong post in wrong thread!

Sorry.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hollywood?

When the heck do we get time for TV or Movies posting on ATS?

Are you not here every free moment?

Now youtube... that's another story

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Lawnmower Man 2.
Crappy Movie, but the movie made a few references
about NWO ideas. The scientific lab was a mix of the
Masonic Symbol and The Pyramid.

Part 1 was really good... I guess i'm gonna have to watch part two now.

Part 1 is great!!!!!!!!!!!!
2nd, just had to see..
You be the judge. lol.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Clucker! this serious content!
What the hell.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish

Clucker! this serious content!
What the hell.

What did I do wrong?!
Clucker is confused.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Fine your not going to back me up on this Hollywood thing?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This is an interesting thread to say the least. Someone (sorry, forgot who) posted a link to a page which showed all these films that had the date 9/11 in them.
Ok, this may be farfetched but if anyone knows about the global consciousness program, they will know that there was an inexplicable spike just before 9/11 actually happened. If you agree on this global consciousness theory, then it appears that it picked up on the IDEA that something was going to happen.

Could it be at all possible that people watching those movies subliminally picked up on that date and this was the reason for the spike?

Don't know how else to express this. Maybe someone could help out.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I have seen some crazy theories posted on ATS, but this one takes the cake.

The vast majority of movies are written for profit. Their agenda is to make money, not brainwash/program you.

Hollywood makes crap because that's what most people want. It's that simple.

What's next, accusing George Orwell of being an agent of the Illuminati?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
What drives people to read and post here? The fascination of conspiracy theories. What drives people to pay money to see movies about the same thing? Yea...

People make these movies because they sell tickets and make them rich, that's it imo.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bignick
Am i the only one without a TV ?

I haven't had one for about 4 years now

"Read the t.v. guide, you don't need to watch t.v...." Grandpa/Lost Boys

Cheers, I've been clean about 4 years now too. Don't miss it a bit.

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Someone creative writes a book, makes a lot of money, Hollywood sees this and wants to capitalize on said book and makes a movie. After movie is made, they go about with parties and interviews, take some pics then go home to drink a lot of expensive wine saying, "Wow, that was a good cash cow."

You can look at pics, maps, watch movies and t.v. and come up with whatever story you want. Let's look at Divinci's Code. Amazing book, the author was a genius. All he did was take some of what we know and made a story out of it. He mixed some reality with a lot of fiction and now he's laughing all the way to the bank. I bring this movie up because you can take multiple things and make any story out of it you want. Just got to make sure that there is a possible fit to your story.

Networks are not anything to be scared of,,,even though I can't stand the commercials,,,,your own imagination is what's getting the best of you. People put things in the movie that can possibly make people think, like the three sea shells in Demoliton Man. I know some of you know what I'm talking about. How old is that movie and the question is still there. Don't let it get to you, it's all for entertainment for us, money to them.

I support the people that don't watch t.v. Read books and/or bar hop, either way, it's good times. later

The way I talk, I use "you" a lot. This is not actually directed at anyone. This is just a general opinion.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Good example of showing it to you before it happens... (BTW... notice the pyramids?)

Yeah, prophetic isn't it? I guess there really are monsters in the mist, cats really do cause evil to happen, the pet cemetary really works, there is a body by the train tracks, room 1408 really is haunted, some chick named carrie had psychic powers, etc.

"The running man" is really supposed to be an example of hollywood showing it to us before it happens? So Stephen King publishes the story in 1982 and here we are only 27 years later and none of that has even remotely happened yet.

I think this entire board is getting a bit out of hand with where they find conspiracies these days. The clip in the OP was nothing more than words and scenes. There was no real relevance between 99% of them.

Sorry but it just seems really silly to claim that a 30 year old story about things that have yet to ever happen is somehow prophetic.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Why is it that everyone commenting on here is saying that NWO/Illuminati etc are ruling movies and TV with an iron fist and brain washing the public yet everyone seems to have seen most of the movies mentioned and they aren't brain washed? Check out these stats on books:

www.humorwriters.org...

Seems the American public actively wants to dumb itself down so why not let them?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

My head is not in the ground - or in the sand.
I've done my research -
I'm sure you have too.
Everything has not gone wrong -
because of the Jews.

Not everything, of course, but most of the big problems we face today is because of it.

Originally posted by spinkyboo

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Apart from Jews Controlling or Owning the Majority of TV,Radio,
Newspapers. They also rule most of the Banks. And pretty
much contol the Hollywood Empire. Who? checks the Security at
US sea ports and airports, again that would be Israel again.
Who? trains US security personel, again that would be Israel.
The number of Jews in High ranking US government jobs and
the total number in US politics is staggering. And Obama is
re-hiring all the jews that Clinton had. Jews to the Left of me,
Jews to the Right of me, yadda yadda yadda.

You shoundn't be surprised that their is nearly as many Jews in
the US as their are in the Fader Land!

Wow - this is so sad. This is not about the Jews.
Must we constantly be pointing the finger at this group of people?
We should be pointing the fingers at ourselves.

They do basically run the world, it's no secret conspiracy. They don't even try to hide it, you can look up the owners of huge corporations, figureheads in government, the media, hollywood, television, music, and most importantly banks and the world's financial supplies - ALL run by Jewish people . They control EVERYTHING.

Again, you can't even argue otherwise - this is not a top secret conspiracy, they are out there in the open and it takes 5 seconds to verify.

So if we can't blame the people who run the show and are driving this country and most of society into the ground, who should we blame, the wild purple people eater?

And to the people that will argue "So what? It's not like Jewish people are evil, who cares if they control everything..." WELL, ask yourself if it's RIGHT for one group of people with the same mindset is OK to run the world and control everything? That is like the ultimate dictatorship.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by taserman]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join