It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth has TWO cores??!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
dsc.discovery.com...\

It amazes me that so called common knowledge is always subject to change. Once thought a solid scientific principle can so easily be forgotten, as long as they (the scientists) say at their choosing..I wonder when UFO's after all the evidence will be acceptable to them, even though they choose to ignor the phenomenon completely..

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Am I missing why this is in Aliens & UFOs!?
Did aliens put the 2nd core there?!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever
dsc.discovery.com...\

It amazes me that so called common knowledge is always subject to change. Once thought a solid scientific principle can so easily be forgotten, as long as they (the scientists) say at their choosing..I wonder when UFO's after all the evidence will be acceptable to them, even though they choose to ignor the phenomenon completely..

How can we know? Maybe we should open it and see what is inside?

I mean my computer says it has two cores. It says so a sticker on the top of the computer. And the Linux operating system sure says so. So maybe there really are two cores.

I don't know. The only way to be sure would be to open it up and check. But you know I usually break laptops when I open them. So I really don't bother.

But is it up to you. Will you open up the Earth and check whether there are two cores or not? Do you dare to do it?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well its the hypocrasy of 'Science' they change their views when they feel like it. Same as when they thought the stars went around the earth. So it will be with UFO's eventually

Originally posted by cluckerspud

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

dsc.discovery.com...\

By the way, it says... A THEORY proposes two cores. You know they are just speculating.

So it doesn't mean that this is the new accepted scientific consensus. Somebody is just speculating. Our common knowledge as such hasn't changed at all.

Like I could make a theory that the Moon is hollow, but that is what it is. Just a theory. Just speculation.

A lot of these discussions on ATS would be a lot more sensible if people were presenting their theories as speculations instead of The Truth.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

Nice find. Please understand though that this is still just a theory, but the fact about the inner core having two separate areas does give it some credibility. Would make that whole duality concept have more credibility too. Isn't the current understanding of inner earth also theory though?

[edit on 7-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
An interesting theory. I wonder how it impacts the theories surrounding earths magnetic field, as the earths core of liquid iron is apparently the source of our planets magnetic fields. It may explain inconsitant magnetic phenomenon, such as pole shifts, changes in the size of the magnetic field etc.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Haha
I whole Heartily agree!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Well its the hypocrasy of 'Science' they change their views when they feel like it. Same as when they thought the stars went around the earth. So it will be with UFO's eventually

What?? The "hypocrasy [sic] of Science" to change their views when new data presents itself? That's the very essence of scientific understanding! It's the fantabulous thing *about* Science -- is that is can admit when it's wrong and adjust its views accordingly.

Very much unlike people with faith, who will go to the grave believing God created the earth some 6000 years ago, the son of 'God' walked on water, turned water to wine and came back from the dead

[edit on 7-1-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

[edit on 7-1-2009 by cluckerspud]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
What is on topic here?!?!?!

A) Earths 2 cores?
B) UFO's?
C) Hypocrisy in science?!

Just to be safe.

A) This is really interesting about Earth having 2 cores,
It's amazing what we can still learn about our own planet.

B) UFOs will eventually be disclosed and will make our
government look silly. Covering up for years.

C) Why would this discovery be considered a hypocrisy?!
I think new discoveries happen all the time and it's natural
course seems to be to give us new understanding. I hardly
think that the government is trying to cover up the whole
2 Cores in Earth Theory.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by cluckerspud]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
...If the Gaia theory is correct, the Earth is a living organism,
then there might be a 'cell' division taking place...

in Greek mythology Gaia married Uranus
and became mother of Titans & Cyclopes

And that would account for 'Aliens' etc
Note that in 2009 Astrology, the planet Uranus is important as it has influence over Aquarius which is a big directional force in 2009.

Is All this coincidence? gives me pause to reflect on just was is the reality or basis for astrology...the planets & their location is not All of whats its about,
astrology may be a continuing narrative for those willing to listen...

and whats being told is undecipherable so far...
is the Earth replicating? or building two polarities? or any other number of
changes...

[edit on 7-1-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Maybe I've read one too many Terry Pratchet books, but I always thought there was a giant hamster wheel at the centre of earth's core.

I'm glad I come to ATS, you learn something new every day.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I think that the one thing almost EVERYONE has overlooked is the possibility that the Solar System is actually much older than we've assumed it is.

All our radioactive dating techniques rely on when the Earth and Moon's rock went from molten to solid.

The idea that this collision happened close to the beginning of the Solar System is a gross assumption.

Most of the asteroidal material of the inner Solar System was most likely created by this impact, as well as the event that caused Mars to look as it does now (EnterpriseMission.com is definately onto something about the real history of Mars).

So, in essence, isotope dating meteorites is also misleading. Quite simply, the planetary scientists are thinking with closed, small minds when it comes to this subject. They should be ashamed of themselves for not thinking about the bigger picture, and the most likely chain of events that led to the ENTIRE Solar System we see today.

I think we need rock samples from Mercury, Mars, the Jovian moons, and bodies way out there like Pluto to know for certain how old the Solar System really is.

The burden of proof is on you scientists. I encourage you guys to try and prove me wrong.

Gendo

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

That summed it all up for me! Thanks for that!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The inner earth map here
strangemaps.wordpress.com...
who knows but i thought it was a cool idea.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Not that I believe most of what people like Hoagland and Lear have to say, but in the case of the geology we see on Mars today, Hoagland's theory fits better than anyone else's. I have pointed out to Hoagland things he's wrong about, like Saturn's ring spokes. I assure you they are still there.

My only point is we can't know with certainty how old the Solar System is until we explore it much more and bring back many samples to analyze.

Gendo

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
wtfudge i was taught along time ago that the earth had 2 cores a liquid iton outer core and a solid iron metal core spinning really fast that's where they said the earths magnetic field originates from.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I think that the one thing almost EVERYONE has overlooked is the possibility that the Solar System is actually much older than we've assumed it is.

thanks for the enlightening post

i agree that there is a Very Good Chance, the solar system could possibly be a bit older than we imagine

also the solar system's age has been attributed to the age of our sun (which we have very little clues about)

i would like to study some rocks from the Asteroid Belt between jupiter and mars

IMO we could find some very good data with those studies

and it may help us better understand our own planet, and its history and its formation

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Recently there has been a programme here in the UK called "Catastrophe", on Channel 4. Narrated by Tony Robinson, it told of the history of the evolution of the Earth, and the string of events that could have destroyed the planet, or wiped out all chances of life.
In the first programme, there was mention of another planet that struck the Earth in its early days, in which billions of tons of debris were blown into space, eventually forming the Moon.
Could this other planet have had anything to do with this theory of twin cores? The programme said that the other planet had been totally destroyed, but could there be the core from it within our planet?
Link to the Channel 4 website;
www.channel4.com...

new topics

top topics

join