It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If George Bush is running for office again, would you vote for him?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by the_black_project

It's a play on "drinking the Obama kool-aid". It's a stupid thing conservatives say to make it seem like anyone who voted for Obama is just some dumb person following blindly.

[edit on 1/7/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
No.

Because of my post length I must elaborate: Bush bungled the Iraq War, especially when he disbanded the Iraqi military. He handled the situation like an amateur. The Bush administration didn't make any effort to plan the occupation of Iraq, with disastrous consequences for Iraq and for the overall effort. Let's also not forget his record on civil liberties at home.

"War is a grave matter; one is apprehensive lest men embark on it without due reflection."

edit changed ambiguous pronouns

[edit on 1/7/2009 by Ablastard]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck

It's a play on "drinking the Obama kool-aid". It's a stupid thing conservatives say to make it seem like anyone who voted for Obama is just some dumb person following blindly.

Oh, Ok, Just asked cause Im still catching up!

[edit on 7-1-2009 by the_black_project]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

So your saying those who voted for Obama aren't blindly following?

He has never done anything for this country. His quick rise to power doesnt even raise an eyebrow?

The MSM is holding his hand all the way to the oval office. All the controversy with Illinois politics and his appointments from this machine doesn't bother anyone?

And I'm the one with a 'condition'... really.. I feel sorry for anyone who thinks they have a real reason for voting for him.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Without Bush TV would be boring besides voting for others won't bring much of a 'change' .

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

Bleh. If you are asking whether or not I am blind and have no real valid opinion on politics: No, I don't believe that.

I like Obama. I happen to share many of his political ideologies, and I am hopeful that he will accomplish many of his goals. He may, he may not, but I am certain that I did not want someone like McCain in office.

I liked McCain, but once he realized that conservatives wouldn't vote for the real McCain, he decided it would be best to be a carbon copy of the previous ones. But that's just me, I didn't want another George Bush, and though I know McCain wasn't one, he sure was trying to be so that he could get elected.

Obama has not taken office yet. I will give him 2 years to start getting to work. If, after that point, things haven't changed, I'll look elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
The MSM is holding his hand all the way to the oval office. All the controversy with Illinois politics and his appointments from this machine doesn't bother anyone?

Torture didn't bother you? War didn't bother you? Lying to get into a war didn't bother you? The loss of freedoms didn't bother you? Being spied on didn't bother you? The politicization of the Department of Justice didn't bother you? The outing of a CIA agent didn't bother you?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I can accept that.

But your putting your chips into the wrong basket my friend. He claims '1 president at a time' on the middle eastern conflict ... but that ... is very bad. If he doesn't have anything to say now, I don't have much confidence that he will after the 20th.

Very bad for us.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

I look at it this way:

He's elected, he has expressed strong views, but he's not in office yet, and he can't do anything yet. He was on vacation, probably trying to enjoy the last few days before he lives in hell for 4 years.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what he does when he's in office.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ablastard
No.

Because of my post length I must elaborate: Bush bungled the Iraq War, especially when he disbanded the Iraqi military. He handled the situation like an amateur. The Bush administration didn't make any effort to plan the occupation of Iraq, with disastrous consequences for Iraq and for the overall effort. Let's also not forget his record on civil liberties at home.

They knew it would be a mess so they could stay longer..install their puppet regime,build a large base and occupy iraq for a strategic place in the Middle east.

uk.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I can accept that.

But your putting your chips into the wrong basket my friend. He claims '1 president at a time' on the middle eastern conflict ... but that ... is very bad.

He said that long before this last thing in the Middle East erupted.

He made a commitment back then then he wouldn't interfere with President Bush's policy, if he was acting as a President now I bet conservatives would be all up in arms saying he isn't in Office yet and already broke his word.

Come January 20th and he's broking the promises he made on the campaign, making bad decisions that affect the lives of Americans and I'm right there beside you criticizing him.

But for this now? I don't think you have much reason on this particular point.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
OMG! In the words of John McEnroe, "You Cannot Be Serious"

Um, My Pet Goat, Um KATRINA, Um Financial Meltdown, what else? What else am I missing?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by converge

You know your right.

I want him to be the man he claims to be, but I have done a fair amount of research on this guy and hopefully if anyone can stay off the TV long enough to do thier own .. the paper trail isn't pretty.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

You know I don't mind that at all. There needs to be someone distrusting Obama and looking into him. That needs to happen just like people did it with Bush and every other president.

I don't like it when people discuss things as accepted facts, such as, "Obama is not even a natural born citizen. He's liar who hasn't been vetted, and [insert whatever crazy rhetoric you want here]".

But a little healthy distrust is certainly a good thing.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

You know your right.

I want him to be the man he claims to be, but I have done a fair amount of research on this guy and hopefully if anyone can stay off the TV long enough to do thier own .. the paper trail isn't pretty.

Let's hope you are wrong for the sake of us all and our Country! In the case of you being right and this turns out very badly for all of us, I will be among the first to say you were right.

I think, just like Irish M1ck, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, at least let him get into Office, but I will look at everything he does very carefully.

I think all Presidents should be under constant scrutiny, and perhaps if President Bush and his Administration had been more and at certain times, maybe some situations could have been avoided.

Let's hope we don't commit the same mistakes again.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by converge]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
drinking the Kool-Aid

"mudslinging garbage"? Huh?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck

Wrong.

"Drinking the Obama Kool-Aid"? I've never heard that before.

And who are you calling "conservative", genius?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think anyone can just sweet talk their way into office, the sting in the ass is whether or not to believe them or not, and if they live up to there rep!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Seriously? I think you need to reread my post. And if you have never heard of the Obama Kool-Aid thing, then it is quite a coincidence.

Anyway, I know its original roots, but lately it's a thing conservatives have been saying about Obama supporters for about a year that we all, "drink his kool aid and follow him blindly". I thought you were making a reference to that, and I was pointing out that it legitimizes their claims.

Anyway, reread it, I did not call you a conservative.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Anyone who would even vote for this moron even once is either a idiot or under some kind of mind control.

47 Million American's with no health insurance
1.5 Million American's unemployed
5.6 Million home foreclosures since April 2005
3 Trillion Dollars on a war the American People were manipulated and out right lied to about
4222 American's killed in Iraq War (would matter to you if it was your son or daughter)
America now is known as a country that employs torture
A President that is a thief and liar
Couldn't run the two companies his daddy gave him and he's single handedly wreck our country.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by ofhumandescent]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join