It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 4, shoots babysitter for stepping on his foot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Boy, 4, shoots babysitter for stepping on his foot

hosted.ap.org

JACKSON, Ohio (AP) -- Police say an angry 4-year-old Ohio boy grabbed a gun from a closet and shot his baby sitter. Nathan Beavers, 18, was hospitalized Sunday with minor wounds to his arm and side after the shotgun attack. Police say another teen was also injured.

Witnesses told police the child was angry because Beavers accidentally stepped on his foot. Beavers was watching the child at a mobile home in Jackson with several other teenagers and several other children.

Jackson County Sheriff John Shashteen says authorities are investigating. The child has not been charged
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Now this is not funny How does a 4 year old know how to shoot some one , The Kid is a gangster in waiting some one had to teach this kid how to do this , As a father I would never let guns be in a childs reach , But The lesson here is dont step on a 4 year olds foot and not watch your back wow,I wonder how this kid will be allowed around other kids now that he shot someone

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by yenko13

Let me guess he learned how to do that in Grand theft Auto like the other kid who learned how to drive.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Television doesnt affect children, of course not.

Surely this child must have been taught by his parents to shoot babysitters that piss you off.

(and that is pure sarcasm, in case it is lost on anyone.)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Oh mannn and I just agreed to babysit every Thursday.....
well at least they're girls, and generally don't do much other than homework and watch Hannah Montana.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Oh mannn and I just agreed to babysit every Thursday.....
well at least they're girls, and generally don't do much other than homework and watch Hannah Montana.

I think I would take getting shot over being forced to watch hannah montana.

Second line

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yeah I read this in current events forum.

I don’t believe it was the kid. The gun was a 20 gauge shotgun, single shot. They say the kid 4 years old went grabbed the shell out of the drawer, then went opened a closet, broke the shot gun open after grabbing it, loaded it, closed it back up, cocked the thing and then aimed it at the babysitter.

Sorry that is a huge feat for a four year old even more than a feat for a six year old to drive. No way he put it to his shoulder or it would be dislocated, no way he lifted the thing to aim it was too heavy. For a four year old to be able to physically do the whole things sounds like a stretch. There are full grown women and men that have difficulties handling such a weapon.

Sorry but it sounds like the teens or someone else was playing with the gun and the four year old is taking the blame.

Raist

Edit for spelling

[edit on 1/6/09 by Raist]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
You dont want to give this kid a time out , He might have to much time to think about shooting you , Man I cant believe it

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I have to agree, teenagers messing around so blame it on the 4 year old.

How the heck could a 4 year old think and actually carry out all those actions and then manage to hold and fire the shotgun.

Something suspicious.

Mikey

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If anybody actually believes that a 4 year old...got mad at somebody... and used a shotgun to shoot them this is the most pathetic lie i have heard about for a while, and believe me i know about some lies...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
did i read that right? did they just say shotgun???

4 years old?????

-porschedrifter

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Absolutely. This kid would have to be hurculean to do this at his age. I grew up an avid hunter. Rifles, shotguns, handguns. A 20 guage shotgun is a powerful weapon. It has a crappy center of balance, which would be nearly impossible for a 4 year old to manage. It is also front heavy...not to mention heavy. Finally, it doesnt have a lot of recoil resistance, so it kicks like a ticked-off mule on a hot day. I have seen and been left with shoulder bruises as a teen from this type of weapon.

Nope, not buying into this one. I think they should polygraph every person that was there.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

I could understand if the gun was loaded the child knowing how to shoot by watching like the father says he must have learned, though I find the lifting and carrying and shooting difficult. But also that the kid got the shell and loaded this gun that breaks open something that really is only easily done while holding the gun. Then he loads it, okay not real hard to do there, but then closes the thing back up. Again that is really only easily done while holding the weapon. Plus pulling the hammer back. All of this without the thing going off and no one noticing until after he shot them. This is a scam story, I would bet money on it.

Even a 410 would be a handful for a four year old let alone a 20 gauge. The other thing that stands out is that the teens were boys. Now being a male myself I understand that boys do a lot of things they should not be doing much of the time when they are teens. I knew better than to touch a gun without an adult present or without permission. But when I had permission I was more than happy to take one up and target practice. I also knew that if I needed it for protection when home alone where a hand gun was for easy access.

Raist

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I would be willing to wager every cent I have that you would find the video game Grand Theft Auto in that boys trailer.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
For anyone blaming television or video games who has never loaded and fired a weapon, do you think you could do it? While guns are often shown being loaded on television, in movies, video games, wherever, the exact mechanism is not. At least not usually. This is something that would have to be shown to be learned. That's just common sense. I would have a difficult time and I've loaded and fired weapons. Just not enough to be that familiar with the mechanism.

Of course further common sense would dictate, as others have said, this is a ridiculous idea to believe a 4 year old could mange it.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'd keep an eye out on the kid because who knows? In the future, this little dude could become some disconnected psychopath.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Potato
I'd keep an eye out on the kid because who knows? In the future, this little dude could become some disconnected psychopath.

Or Vice President, even.

Oh, wait. Not much difference, is there?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
i c wat u did ther

I liked it.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Don't underestimate the abilities of a four year old.
A 20 gauge shotgun is not any bigger than a toy rifle. The 20 gauge shell is less than half an inch in diameter. A small 'snake charmer' would be within the abilities of a 4 or 5 year old. It is obvious that the child had to have been taught to use it.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Some 4 year olds are smart and some are talented but to shoot some one that steps on your foot , that is both

top topics

join