It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there be a terrorist attack in The US between Jan - May 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Do the neo-cons really control the US like it has seemed in the last 8 years?

Have they been instrumental in passing the laws which if abused open up citizens to extreme legal loss of many rights?

Did they establish extreme interregation techniques using torture to get information from suspects?

Were they behind a war that had almost zero justification?

Has there been a terror attack since 9-11 on American soil?

Did the Republicans just lose much of thier power in the 08 election?

The President, even with an approval rating in the toliet is totally confident that he will be justified by history. President elect Obama is planning to limit the power of the CIA and other inteligence agencies and stop torture among other things.

What better way to justify President Bush's legacy and show the country that they were right all along then to have a large scale terror attacl on US soil within the first part of Obama's presidency. It would instantly make his policies wrong and cost him all his support. This would lead to the neo-cons regaining power, inacting more laws and Obama possibly losing the 2012 election.

Don't forget the officals saying in the media Obama would be "tested" early on.

So will there will be a terrorist in the first 6 months of Obama's term?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Honestly, in the USA, No. But I have a weird sense of mind that leads me to believe that there may be one in an unsuspecting place like the UK or Japan.

Besides, the credit crunch is a terrorist attack in its self!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
For the sake of humanity, I hope not.

Peace

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The "he will be tested" remark is actually kind of true, they did it with JFK when he was elected, they said he's young, inexperienced and a pussy, so they gave him something to think quickly on his feet.

With Obama it's been the same rhetoric from the pundits and the critics. I would not be surprised to see some sort of large distrubance that would force the US to act, and it would be the world watching for Obama's decision.

It's very likely, highly probable. I hope it doesn't happen.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I expect to see an attack on the West Coast, proabably in the LA area. After all, the LA, Hollywood crowd epitomizes what the fanatic muslim terrorists supposedly hate about America. (Note that I am not referring to the moderate muslims who live in this country, respect our laws, and are friends to a great many of us.)

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm still thinking biological weapon but it seems like a lot of people have thrown that idea out the window.

top topics

join