It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Schools are Fallout/Tornado Shelters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
So, I got to thinking about this UN School which was targeted.

Lots of folks say Hamas is morally corrupt for hiding in a school, because they believe that means they are using children as human shields. The truth is we don't know what is going on in Gaza right now.

But then I remembered, the highschool I went to in Ohio was both a Fallout Shelter and a Tornado Shelter. And this was just for a small rural school in the middle of a mess of cornfields.

I would surmise that a UN School would be that much better as a shelter, ESPECIALLY in a volatile environment.

This explains both why Hamas is hiding there, and that they aren't necessarily morally corrupt. And why Israel is targeting it, assuming only military combatants would be hiding there.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Does it also explain why Hamas launches missiles into schools where NO military is present? Grasping at straws it seems.

Both sides are doing bad things and some are worse than others. Hiding with children in a school is about as low as you can go and so is launching missiles into a Kindergarten where no military is even around the area.

Evil is evil and it comes in both Israeli and Palestinian flavors. Then of course some just hate everyone in an ethnic group, want them all dead and could give a crap less how they are killed or whether they are even part of the fighting or not. Look at the attacks on Jews in Europe being reported. These Jews are not even part of the situation and are residents of other countries. Evil is evil and only evil apologizes for evil acts.

new topics

join