It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living Giant Sloth?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

I hope you check back to read this reply I would love to see that link also welcome to ATS I hope you enjoy your stay

PEACE
SLAY

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Too bad about the photograph of the guy with the cheap fur rug on his back. The flaps are very apparent. A lack of respect for whoever they're hopint to fool - they're too cheap or lazy to even bother with photoshop.

This kind of cheap hoaxery makes discussing the possibility of a still extant Megatherium (sp?) or giant sloth difficult.

The whole thing is reminiscent of the footage of an ape-like man that was circulating as proof of Yeti. A couple of the guys working on costumes when they were shooting the 1967 Planet of the Apes movie came forward years later admitting they'd done it for fun.

Mike F

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
looks like all 4 are just the same stuffed creature taken from different locations.
Just a prank.
but again I am bo giant Sloth expert.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Too bad about the photograph of the guy with the cheap fur rug on his back. The flaps are very apparent. A lack of respect for whoever they're hopint to fool - they're too cheap or lazy to even bother with photoshop.

This kind of cheap hoaxery makes discussing the possibility of a still extant Megatherium (sp?) or giant sloth difficult.

The whole thing is reminiscent of the footage of an ape-like man that was circulating as proof of Yeti. A couple of the guys working on costumes when they were shooting the 1967 Planet of the Apes movie came forward years later admitting they'd done it for fun.

Mike F

thanks Mike but I was the one who connected these two together I may be wrong and those pictures may be a hoaxed Bigfoot but again I ask why make it look like anything but a bigfoot?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I was the one who connected these two together I may be wrong and those pictures may be a hoaxed Bigfoot but again I ask why make it look like anything but a bigfoot?

I have done a fair amount of photography analysis. If someone is good and tries it's almost impossible to spot changes. But this looks like it was shot with a 50 mil lens, and the figure is a guy with a 4 foot long fur carpet attached to the his forehead. You can see the texture and the outline.

About a 5 foot 6 human figure with human running body language. As the photographer was so close (30 ft max) and was able to get perfect focus and lighting conditions, why couldn't also get a shot of even the side of the animals face?

Slothful?

Mike F

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Well you’re allowed your opinion it's a free country
I think Giant Sloths still exist even if those photos are a fraudulent "Bigfoot"

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

animals this big dont have predators...

and sloths only come down from trees 2 poop. this is not a bear or a sloth. its a super imposed picture of a halloween costume

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by andre18

animals this big dont have predators...

and sloths only come down from trees 2 poop. this is not a bear or a sloth. its a super imposed picture of a halloween costume

OK mystery solved my Anonymous
second line goes here

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It could be now advanced intelligence sloths doing false flag disinformation to deflect attention from themselves.

Bet no one can disprove that.

Mike F

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
www.tarpits.org...

I think ground sloths do still exist. The descriptions of the Dogman of Michigan fit the Shasta Ground Sloth perfectly. Since Werewolves don't exist, it has to be a ground sloth. Shape shifting skinwalkers are a totally different subject. Ground sloths are rare and probably nocturnal, sleeping in dens in the day. They are the only creature I know of that look canine and walk on 2 or 4 feet.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
well all the hype and hubbub aside ,I do think think it possible for something like this to exist they used to exist,their relatives exist, and I would settle for on that was somewhat smaller than the Giant one

no really entirely possible it's a big jungle

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I still haven't found the video I have been looking for of an official search in northern South America

Everybody check around for me please

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I have to tell this story. My brother and a few friends around 1975-77 were joy riding about 2:00 am in Chattsworth New Jersey which is in the Pine barrens. It's about 40 square miles of pine tree wilderness. They just
got their drivers licenses. About 50 yrds. down the road, a beast about 20 ft. tall walking on 2 feet, black fur with the head shaped like a bull crosses the road. The only thing it could be would be a Giant Gound Sloth. It's also one explanation for the Jersey devil. They are supposed to be vegetarian and are probably nocturnal or they would be seen much more often.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I cant believe people cant clearly see its a bear damnit! An american grizzley!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NamiraNerd

Hey thanks for posting a reply and your right it could be a Bear.
but you ever seen a bear that has only 3 very long claws?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
On the last photo you can kinda see a 4th claw on its right paw pointing inwards but its somewhat faded.

The third to last photo has a clear image of a grizzlies' pointed snout dark brown nose and eyes.

The two last photos i can see what your getting at but its probably just a tatty old bear with tatty matted fur.

The giant sloth died out long ago and may i say thank god with claws like those!

[edit on 25-2-2009 by NamiraNerd]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join