It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to open Gaza aid 'humanitarian corridor'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Israel to open Gaza aid 'humanitarian corridor'

edition.cnn.com

Israel has agreed to establish a "humanitarian corridor" to supply residents of Gaza with aid as international concerns about conditions among civilians mount, according to a government statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What can I say.."Thank you Israel"?
What is for me more important is how cnn and bbc immediatly show this as a "progress". This should be a joke. First kill and destroy everything then "allow" and this will be a "progress". In bbc even worse: they say israel "offers" aid corridor. How things are articulated in media makes me sometimes really sick.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Why are we getting no reports of the actual war or very little video or information or reporting from the war zones? Why just these fractal BS press releases.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I can't agree with the negative spin. The civilian population of Gaza will finally start receiving some much needed food, water and medicine. They don't deserve to be punished for the actions of Hamas so this aid really cannot come soon enough.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Now that Israel has control over certain parts of the Gaza they can let food/aid in and make sure it get's to those who need it. I can't see how a move like this could be seen as anything other than progress. It is most certainly progress in this current situation.

I don't think that the US media is as biased as a lot of people think. Certain channels are more biased than others but I have been watching CNN and they seem to be surprisingly fair. For the most part they have been reporting the updates just the news.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Chris McGee

Of course...What I was talking about is that the attitude and gesture of media, with such words "allow" , "offer" they are presupposing a "power" which can "decide" over things: to kill and destroy and then to "allow" or "offer".

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
By the way, this corridor has to do with "peace establishment attempt" of Egypt. Egypt will try to play a central in the region after now. All a pathetic theatre of power play...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
It's about time they let another aid load through.
(Though, they should have been permitting it from the start.)

The part that gets me though is that the aid corridor :

"will be opened for a specific period of time, during which the population can receive the aid."

A specific period of time...

Yeah...

Never mind. Back to the genocide.

new topics

top topics

join