It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI: Alien Contact, Disclosure video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I’ve done a search and have not found this video or any threads regarding it and its possible scenario.

It's a very interesting fictitious documentary style video regarding just how SETI could be blocked from full disclosure when and if contact is ever made.

It explains the real world science behind the search for extra terrestrial intelligence, also covers topics regarding AIs and global reactions, which is a good topic to cover when we are dealing with this possible future situation.

What I really find plausible is how things that are presently being handled since the events of 9/11 and with all the new Home land security laws that have been passed. This shows how the Government may try to hide that information from us also at the end is small commentary from real world scientist on their thoughts of how things may come about with real first contact.

It's an interesting look at how things may play out.

Please post comments both pro and con.

Enjoy
SLAY

Google Video Link

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I caught this a few months ago, fun one to watch. Of course I had to see it again.
I am now receiving a signal from my microwave that my TV dinner is done.

Peace

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thank you for posting this one. I had not seen it.

I won't spoil it for future viewers except to say make sure you watch it all the way through!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
well, I just finished watching the video.. It was awesome! I especially loved hearing Seth Shostak talk about artificial intelligence cruising through space, gathering resourses to make better versions of themselves. Seth is one of Larry Kings resident skeptics. It was good to see him acting like an E.T. believer.....I knew it all along.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Don't have time for the whole thing now but will have to check this out. Would be good to see another side of Shostak after the LK appearances.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
And hope to see some more UFO stuff on LK soon. Anyone know what happened with James Fox, the 'Out of the Blue' directors latest doc? He's a LK UFO regular.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The film itself reminds me of the movie Contact with Jodie Foster. Though that film was a bit more eventful.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Heh Heh

Yeah I know. I thought it was pretty cool.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
That was an awesome video. It's definitely the most plausible outcome.

Thanks for sharing it

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

wait a second. You think the guy who runs the ATA for seti, who raised $20million dollars to build a telescope array to search for alien signals, who argues that intelligent life is out there.

you thought this guy is not an ET believer?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
That's incredible. Why have I never heard of this? We have all of this talk about ET disclosure and whether or not life outside of our solar system exists. Here is the answer. I'm definitely surprised beyond anything I could have imagined.

Everyone needs to see this.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
excellent video...... it makes me wonder what the government is up too

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
wow that was a great video. Long, but worth the watch. Makes you really think about the "What If". Love that ending too.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I do not know why but that video looks faked. Also if Aliens were as cool as I would think they are with technology, wouldn't they be able to communicate in a better way then us having to search for them? I mean isn't it possible that they could communicate with us through some sort of higher mental perseption via advanced brain power or advanced technology?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Amazing find. This video was absolutely excellent, and could be exactly how things could turn out.

This just got the cogs in my head turning again, and I only hope that one day all of us who believe in ET life will be rewarded with the knowledge that we are indeed not alone out there.

S&F for you for a very excellent video.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Excellent thanx I really enjoyed it, but it appears not everyone has watched to the end.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderinghows

It would be far more relevant to us as well as to them to have a conversation like this video portrays. For them it would show that we as a species have become something that can develop the technology to not only find needle in the haystack but know how to use that needle. Similarly, for us it would mean we could converse with something other than ourselves, we could make that choice.

So many alien abductions/encounters often have aspects of the viewer being shown what will make them comfortable or uncomfortable depending on what the other possible intelligences' intentions/desires. Finding a signal with information that we then piece together out of only what is there, discovering the many levels of that information would be a way of the those decoding it to connect. Given that many of our interpersonal relationships are troubled as individuals and as larger groups an intellectual presence would be the most effective way of communicating. Especially if the intention were to communicate rather than control or interfere in any other way.

Thank you OP for posting this video. Hopefully the real world reaction would be as calm.
edit on 5/8/11 by AnonymousRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Vary well made it sucks that it isent real, but if it were that would be something, I kept hearing that it would cause panic if the public were to find out that aliens were real, but if thats what it takes then do it let the world know no matter what, but thats just me

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderinghows

I do not know why but that video looks faked.

Haha, this is totally a well-done early 1990s "non-fiction-seeming" fiction. No way those hair styles, or cars, are actually from 2001.

It says, "When we finally began listening to the galaxy, we found it teaming with life!....by the time this film was made we've found 20 alien signals." A very fun movie, thanks for sharing!

We may hear a smattering of ET noise.... But system theory is making it increasly clear that intellegent civliations DON'T expand out to the stars like Star Trek. Instead, they refine themselves into higher dimensions; as we are not a world of 7 billion spread out hunter-gathers, but we have built complex cities that use multiple dimensions! See: The Transcension Hypothesis

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

What I really find plausible is how things that are presently being handled since the events of 9/11 and with all the new Home land security laws that have been passed. This shows how the Government may try to hide that information from us also at the end is small commentary from real world scientist on their thoughts of how things may come about with real first contact.
It's an interesting look at how things may play out.
Please post comments both pro and con.

I think the item you are defining in all but the single word, is 'fear'. Governments certainly fear anything that loosens their control, their ability to regulate the society under them. So right away, any such extraterrestrial message would be taken as a threat, even if not a direct one.

Next, there is the natural urge to assume the worst because, right here and right now, we don't have another single reference point besides ourselves... and we know exactly 'what' we are capable of.
From there, assuming the worst of any ET contact is a natural and the public panic portrayed in the video is actually a mirrored reflection of what our governments most fear, rather than what is actually most likely.

Of course, it really doesn't help that since 1977 and the movie 'Close Encounters: Of the Third Kind' there have been but a very few offerings from Hollywood that don't portray ET as being anything but a threat... and something to be horribly feared. So, we've been groomed to see an alien race as being just like us; aggressive, deadly, merciless and something we can't overcome without something of a miracle.

Oh, and yes. In the movies... the miracle usually does come. Thank goodness for special fx, lol.

But... in all honesty, how would the real world react to that very real moment when the fact that we are NOT alone was finally confirmed?

Yeah... there would be anger at those who have lied for so many decades. And that is one very big reason why the lying goes on, too. There is always a price to be paid for such deceptions and those in the marbled halls of power not only fear their society in unrest, but especially when THEY are the rightful, deserving targets.

This is why we may never expect any president, no matter how 'hopeful' we may be, to ever even come close to what we now term, 'disclosure'. The risk is too great... not because of any public panic, but because of a severe guilt trip.

Finally, there is the high likelihood that many other intelligent species are much like us in our aggressiveness and ability to inflict harm. It is, if Darwin was even remotely correct, a direct result of the old 'survival of the fittest'... or strongest, or meanest, etc. You don't get to the top of the food chain by sitting back and letting another species dine before you.

My guess is that there is at least a 50/50 chance that any ET we meet, will be an eventual enemy to the human race... either in a classic invasion scenario or one that resembles the gradual colonizing of North America by Europeans.

In the end, people do not really fear ET but... your elected officials in Washington and London and Berlin and Moscow... they fear YOU and what you might do if and when you no longer fear them enough.

Good video. Thanks, man

top topics

<<   2 >>

join