It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nahuel Huapi monster is back and shows his face. (PHOTO)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Inverted colors:

[edit on 6-1-2009 by spec_ops_wannabe]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The eye definitely looks photoshoop'd. Now, it could very well be a photo of an actual creature (like, as a fellow pointed out earlier in the thread, a moray eel), but the eyes shown in that pic are almost certainly edited. The mouth seems pretty dodgy, too - maybe they extended it? The teeth don't seem all THAT correct.

BUT, in the case that it is real, WOOHOO! Lake monsters! |D

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Contrasted.

By netherx at 2009-01-06

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
plenty of things live in the ocean that we still havn't discovered.
for all we know it could be a bottom dwelling eel which is dying.
just like the Japanese Goblin shark would have been called shopped if it wasn't on a video for the world to see.
or even the Prehistoric Frilled Shark in Japan

the first time they sent a Platapus to the UK from Australia it was called a hoax by the scientific experts of the day.

so I hold my judgement on if it is real or fake, but there are plenty of wierd things out there in the ocean.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by munkey66]
and yes I do realize the creature in question was meant to be photographed in a lake, that still does not alter the facts that they are discovering new species all the time.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by munkey66]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Peronemlin

Grainy and Low Resolution...
Just as I suspected.

Cool photo otherwise.

The next logical step if this is indeed an
authentic photo would be to study the
area and try to capture it.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
My opinion:

it was a photo of a dolphin popping it's head out from the water.

Someone took a photo of that and had some fun with it.

CHEERS

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
GorehoundLarry may be correct. Check this animation I worked up...profile is pretty close.

By NetherX

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The spaces between the teeth look way too dark compared to all of the other shadows in the rest of the photo.

Edit: Personally I think it's a photoshopped log.

[edit on 1/6/2009 by Ablastard]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin

Is this real? is this a log with photoshoped eyes and teeth? I don't know... it looks too good to be true.

There is no way to give an educated opinion based on these low res images from the Internet. Log sounds right to me. Looks like a log with an eye added to where a knot was and teeth added to a crack that happens to be in the log.

Find a copy of the original file uncompressed with EXIF data attached and I could perhaps tell you. Even better if it is a film camera get me the negative. Otherwise?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Here's what I see. A lot of light shimmer on the water behind the monster head, and a good bit of light on the top of the monsters head. It doesn't quite seem consistent with the lighting of the rest of the water.

Troy

[edit on 6-1-2009 by cybertroy]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It looks just like the dinosaurs from the discovery channels prehistoric planet. not the cgi, but the animatronic ones.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
If it was real I would say great picture but I doubt it is since 99%-100% of the time the photos end up being fakes. It's an elaborate fake, I'll give them that. I agree with another poster, if the person who took the photo doesn’t come forward and release the original then speculating is the best we can do. I don’t think you can prove this is fake or support that it is real. It’s just another supposed creature photo on the internet.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
plenty of things live in the ocean that we still havn't discovered.
for all we know it could be a bottom dwelling eel which is dying.
just like the Japanese Goblin shark would have been called shopped if it wasn't on a video for the world to see.
or even the Prehistoric Frilled Shark in Japan

True, and I suspect there are creatures even in lakes that we have not yet discovered. I dont think this is one of them, however.

The eye looks distinctly reptilian.

www.tohickonglasseyes.com...

Reptiles breath air, not water, and they are cold blooded. That would mean this little guy would want to lounge on the shore, during the daytime and we should have much better photos than this.

I am from Hawaii, and have met more than a few moray eels in my time, and this does not really look like a moray at all. The eye is wrong, the skin is wrong, and morays do not poke their heads out of the water just to get a look around.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I've worked a bit with potography and the exposure time that would be required for that angle in the sunlight, with that much detail in the high shadow side, would be too long to get a unblurred photo of the subject. unless he was just sitting there in the water, but the water rippels suggest otherwise.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
why only one picture? looks like a giant raisin or turd with eyes and mouth.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Considering how difficult it is to photograph an aquatic animal from the surface, this photo is excellent.

That said, I'm not really convinced. The eye immediately reminded me of a bad Asian monster movie's monster prop (the likes of Godzilla). Illusionsaregrander is spot on - typically reptilian.

When zoomed (800-1000%) you'll notice a haziness around the eye and ear part, which is inconsistent with the rest of the grain/pixelation.

It's difficult to tell the size of the body, but considering the angle of the head (and the bit of body you can see under the surface) it would appear to have a very short body. Too short.

And then the usual question - why only one photo? The animal seems calm and not really going anywhere. Considering the distance and the clarity of the image - why is there only one? A good (or even amateur) photographer would have taken several photos.

My vote would be a photo-chopped otter. I suppose "log" isn't out of the question either.

BUT - to conclude - the existence of this animal is far from impossible. I would love for this photo to be real - but in my eyes the evidence is against it.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Kinda looks like a turtle to me.

has the image been cropped? There is no way to get a scale. Ut could be 20 feet or 20 inches long.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Well if you look to the left of the eye around 9 o clock it gets a tad blurry

[edit on 6-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

I thought that was a smudge on my computer screen.
Anyway, my vote is for log with googly eyes and dentures added.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Peronemlin

It is a LOG coming out of the water, doctored up with photoshop, I have been fishing all of my life and this a tree in the water, FAKE!!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I WANT ONE!!!

Oh...it's fake? #! I guess not everyone can have a 'Nessie...time to go feed my Manbearpig!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join