It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nahuel Huapi monster is back and shows his face. (PHOTO)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Last November an Argentinian newspaper, published a new picture of Nahuelito, a creature that is supposed to live in the Nahuel Huapi, a lake in the Argentinian Patagonia.

I could not find a link in English, only spanish, but it basically says:

www.infobae.com...

A man sent a photograph to a newspaper in Bariloche and doubts about its existence araised again. This time the image was taken at Lake Mascardi.

"I thought it were 'huillines' (river otters) when I saw it diving beneath the surface, but when It showed its head I was shocked. It doesn't resemble any other animal I have seen before, and we were scared of its presence.", said the reader that sent the photograph to the newspaper.

Is this real? is this a log with photoshoped eyes and teeth? I don't know... it looks too good to be true.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hmmm.
If this was true, it would be an incredible find... look at those eyes! Those are unlike the eyes of any other creature you'd see in the waters that size.
Very interesting indeed...

But, photo evidence is hard to come by...because anyone can photoshop an image these days.
Hard to say!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Peronemlin

It looks like a giant snake! Maybe that is what happened, some snakes evolved and grew to humongous sizes under water. Maybe it is just some unkown breed of creature. It has snake eyes though.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Looks a little Jim Hensony...

doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Just an instinct but I think its fake.

But I have been known to be wrong.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Closest thing that it could be, in my opinion, is a giant moray eel... but the eyes are wrong:

So it is either photoshopped, or an entirely new species.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Have to agree them eyes are spooky!! I thought reptile.. soon as i seen the eyes.. check its teeth!! lol

If that thing is real then it feeds well !!

if its a hoax then oh well least it looks cool

interesting!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The facial features do look a little "painted on" imo. But thats just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
ROTTFLMFAO- C'mon. Please let's get some resident photo experts to quash this one quickly.

Please.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yes, looks faked.
Log sticking out of water that someone photoshoped googly eyes and teeth to.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
At this resolution I see no obvious indication of a photoshop. Maybe the original image would be a more telling, and it's not linked at the external story, which perhaps is not surprising.

If it's real it proves that lake monsters exist, as that thing is clearly a reptile, possibly a dinosaur. It's not farfetched that lake or sea dwelling dinosaurs survived the event that wiped out their cousins, as they could probably stay submerged with a reduced metabolism for long periods of time, possibly days or even weeks. Small colonies could have made it.

I would like to see the original images on this one, it's the best monster picture I have seen without considering it automatically an image manipulation, although I do keep that option open of course.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
I would like to see the original images on this one, it's the best monster picture I have seen without considering it automatically an image manipulation, although I do keep that option open of course.

Yes, I'd love to see the original full sized pic, but that's the only one online it seems. All the web sites I found about this story only have this, and not much more informarmation.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Oh please be real!
Oh please be real!
Oh please be real!

Probably photoshop

We can always hope though

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
ROTTFLMFAO- C'mon. Please let's get some resident photo experts to quash this one quickly.

Please.

Wouldn't it be great though if even how unlikely if it was real

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I knew I made the right move going cold turkey on swimming. I am terrified of things in the water, and I learned to swim when I was like 1. Ever since I was swimming in my grandmothers pool and I saw a large spider on the bottom (the pool was under a tree), no-one has ever moved that fast out of the water and never went back in.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MREALE

I agree. It is faked. I am no photo expert, but there is something wrong with the "face" compared to the rest of the monster that makes me think it is definitely spliced in.

I cant put my finger on whether it is the way the light is on the face as compared to the rest of object or what, but it doesnt really seem to "fit" when I look at it.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well if you look to the left of the eye around 9 o clock it gets a tad blurry

[edit on 6-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
That actually helped me put my finger on part of it. The lines on every other part of the object jutting from the water and the water itself seem less in focus than the facial features do.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hey. I gotta say, that thing looks real to me. What lake did you say the photo was taken? Just so I can avoid it in the future.

That's gotta be one of the freakiest things I have ever seen.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Looks a little Jim Hensony...

doesn't it?

I was thinking maybe Larry King.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join