Truce To Gaza Is Coming Fast? - Many News!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

He can't speak for Hamas.

Hamas is in control of Gaza unless Hamas has already been routed out.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by paul76

I would have to say yes. Despite the anger many Arabs have shown toward Egypt, they are still not opening that border. I think they want to make sure Hamas don't come through with the innocent.

Why should other Arab nations do the job Israel is having trouble doing? How about Israelis moving to New York State and spend money Madoff et al squirrelled away with them?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Why shouldn't an Arab nation like Egypt show compassion and a heart and let some of these innocent people out Gaza?

You can't have it both ways. On one hand you show sympathy for the civilians in Gaza and on the other hand you don't criticize Egypt for not helping the people you feel sorry for.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Presence of Abbas can do everything just more difficult... Was it Abbas who loudly kept saying just few days ago, that PA is ready to take over Gaza?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

That wink tells me that you agree that Abbas has had a hand in this all the way unless i am misinterpreting.

Like I said there are many hidden forces driving this war.

Fatah, US, Egypt, Iran and probably a few others.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yep. We just see how fast these guys, professional politicians are changing their roles, views... International politics and diplomacy is the most dirty game in this world!

Abbas --- I see him very dirty player in the scene. When peoples have his kind of leaders, what can you wait than genocides?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS! - Israel is making room for truce?

Israel to open humanitarian corridor to Gaza

Israel has said it will open a humanitarian corridor into the Gaza Strip for "civilian operations" in a sign that Tel Aviv is feeling the pressure from the international community.

www.presstv.ir...

- Didnt they just yesterday said that "there is no humanitarian catastrophe?"

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Mubarak, Sarkozy await Israeli response to cease-fire plan

Kouchner said Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and French President Nicolas Sarkozy had announced the plan at a press conference.

"We are awaiting the Israeli response and we harbor hope that it will be a positive one," Kouchner said.

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's spokesman, Mark Regev told The Associated Press, "We are holding off comments on that for the time being."

www.jpost.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
A cease fire does appear to be very close. Usually at these very critical times in conflict, when close to a peace treaty, we usually see one last massive thrust on the battle field.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Truth - Hidden agendas are taking place in last moments, personal hate and other goals... But this is very difficult place for Israel in general - If they accept truce now, they have loose this war.

Do they have any choice - I doubt not.

World is on the edge now - for NWO and Zionists agenda, if truce takes place now, I see this is extreme loss - huge kick to their arrogant butts!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I would be surprised if Israel accept a truce at present. They've not achieved their objectives. Hamas have held their own in the face of a massive superior military Army. Hamas are still capable of firing their rockets. 8 Israeli soldiers are dead, 4 to 6 mortally wounded and another 80 injured.

At this moment in time, this seems to be going the way of the Lebanon conflict? What have the Israelis achieved?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Egypt's Gaza truce plan: ceasefire followed by border security talks

www.haaretz.com...

- 700 killed
- 3000 wounded
- Gaza destroyed

For what?

- 80 tunnels destroyed
- Some Border leaks has been stopped

... Rockets are still flying - Hamas have 15 000 soldiers.

Israel is very smart country like we all see in here... If their bottom demands were these truce conditions in beginning, there was many much effective ways to this achievement too...

Israel loose their faces totally, if truce comes with these conditions!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

T. E. Lawrence learned that the Arabs were fierce warriors. They crossed the desert and TOOK Aqaba from the Turks. Aqaba was key to holding the Suez Canal.

The Turks were at that time a typically armed and trained WW1 army with big guns, armor and air and the Arabs took them on horse and camel back. I realize things are not the same today as they were then but Arabs are fierce fighters. I hope this Truce happens promptly since the Israelies appear to have gone "Mad Dog"

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

I was just thinking this... I see political disaster here: For Israel and USA - They are here together - All Zionist governments. Huh, huh... Last kiss from Bush - Indeed!!! You should arrest that guy soon as Obama has given his oath... Straight to police car waiting near the stage!

Nothing is achieved in this point, just nothing! - With these conditions Hamas has never been more stronger - and Israel is weaker... But they are in middle of nationalism...

Military power is tool for power, not quarantee from it. Many in here have blindly thought that with that superior military, Israel will crush Hamas like nothing... But situation has changed.

Even if Israel decides to continue attack without truce, Hamas is stronger than yesterday... Why? They will get message from this new hope too... Sky is quiet today - sign that something has been achieved.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
An article from a retired General in the Canadian Forces puiblished today in the Globe and Mail.

What is the UN waiting for? Deploy a strong force to Gaza

On their own, Israel and Hamas are doomed to a perpetual state of war no matter how much international diplomatic horsepower is applied to resolving the conflict. But there is a solution that the world has been adroitly avoiding for 40 years.

The Security Council needs to show some rare backbone and authorize a strong UN force under the UN Charter's Chapter 7, which authorizes the use of deadly force as necessary, and deploy it within the Gaza Strip, taking on the responsibility to provide the security to which Israel is entitled.

The oft-expressed idea of putting international monitors into the Gaza Strip to control smuggling and the firing of rockets is ludicrous: Hamas would run rings around any unarmed outsiders whose only mandate was to "observe and report."

It's an idea that may have some merit, except I don't see HAMAS taking kindly to it and could see many small arms battles between the UN force and HAMAS if this solution is used.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Well, Israel did say yesterday, that they are on target to meet all their objectives within 72 hours. At the time, this did make me smile a little bit.

There is no way they're going to crush the resistance in 72 hours. The only way they could do this, is by going in "Rambo style". The consequences of these actions would be massive Israeli casualties.

Hamas are well and truly dug in. They're waiting for the Israelis to enter Gaza city. I read one report, where it stated that Hamas are goading the Israelis. They know, at close quarter battle, that the odds are a lot more even. Israel can't use their air supremacy or tanks, because they'll kill their own, which has already happened.

Then, if they accept the peace process, they've not achieved their goals and they'll come out of the conflict with absolutely nothing.

So, what do they do? Carry on, keep fighting and try to achieve their objectives, resulting in more casualties on both sides. Alienating themselves even more around the world, or do they do the honourable thing and stop the killing?

[edit on 6uTuesday09/27/08 by paul76]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

They are also ones who have been murdered in here... In every case, Hamas or Fatah, Gazan peoples have right to demand their conditions, and Israel has lot to fix back in place there... Expensive mess, and difficult way ahead!

I think that international troops should come from Buddist country, maybe from Asian Union together. Only third party who can help in this mess, have to even look different. If you put there more muslims, or christians, situation will be unfair to other side.

Only Asian Buddist troops can be used effectively in between those troops and peoples, to earn respect from both sides.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Israeli leaders to debate "final" Gaza push

JERUSALEM, Jan 7 (Reuters) - Israeli leaders will debate on Wednesday whether to order their armed forces to storm into the Gaza Strip's urban centres, the planned culmination of an 11-day-old offensive, political sources said.

Escalating from a week-long air assault, Israeli troops and tanks invaded the Hamas-ruled territory on Saturday, clashing with Palestinian guerrillas but not advancing beyond the outskirts of the city of Gaza or other densely populated areas.

www.alertnet.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

This is one good reason to give up?

IDF: Hamas built underground city

In light of diplomatic pressure, army officials know forces must inflict heavy blow on Hamas in days left till completion of Gaza operation. Forces operating in Strip become familiar with enemy's modes of operation, say Hamas formed underground city of tunnels, weapons

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by GAOTU789

I think that international troops should come from Buddist country, maybe from Asian Union together. Only third party who can help in this mess, have to even look different. If you put there more muslims, or christians, situation will be unfair to other side.

Only Asian Buddist troops can be used effectively in between those troops and peoples, to earn respect from both sides.

Janus i hear what your saying and understand the concept of neutrality. You are correct that this is fast becoming a war between christians & jews vs islam. But why would the buddhist / asian countries want to get involved?

this conflict is bigger than all of us. The asian nations have kept out of it so far because of the nature of this whole saga. It has the potential to divide the world (which it already has). Imagine if the pacifists (buddhists) jump in to save the day, it will be a case of the Commies vs Us the Free World. A replay of russia vs america game.

No one wants a repeat of that - besides they have their own affairs to worry about. To demonstrate what i mean, here is a list straight from wikipedia

Buddhists Countries with the greatest proportion of Buddhists from Buddhism by country (as of 2007):
Laos 98% (mostly Theravada with traditional animist)
Bhutan 97% (mostly Lamaistic, Hindu 2%, other 1%)
Japan 96% (mostly Mahayana with Shinto, Japanese 3%, Christian 0.8%, Muslim 0.1%)
Cambodia 95% (mostly Theravada, Muslim 3%, Christian and other 2%)
Thailand 95% (Theravada, Muslim 4%, Christian 0.7%, other 0.3%)
Mongolia 94% (mostly Tibetan, Muslim 5%, Christian and other 1%)
Republic of China 93% (mostly "Triple religion", Christian 4.5%, other 2.5%)
Hong Kong 90% (mostly "Triple religion", Christian and others 10%)
Myanmar 90% (Theravada with traditional animist, Christian 4%, Muslim 4%, other)
Vietnam 85% ("Triple religion", Christian 8%, Cao Dai 3%, Atheist and other 3.5%)
Macau 85% ("Triple religion", Christian 8%, Atheist or other 7%)
People's Republic of China 80% ("Triple religion", Atheist 12.5%, Christian 4%, Muslim 1.5%)
Sri Lanka 70% (Theravada, Hindu 15%, Christian 7.9%, Muslim 7.1%)
North Korea 64.5% (Mahayana with Confucianist, Atheist 33.5%, other 2%)
Singapore 61% ("Triple religion", Muslim 14.9%, Christian 14.6%, Hindu 4%, other)
South Korea 50% (Mahayana with Confucianist, Christian 30%, other 1%)
Malaysia 22% (Muslim 60.3%, "Triple religion", Christian 9%, Hindu 6.3%, other 2.4%)
Brunei 14% (Muslim 67%, "Triple religion", Christian 10%, other 9%)
Nepal 11% (Hindu 81%, Tibetian Buddhist, Muslim 4%, other 4%)
French Polynesia 7.5% (mostly Chinese Buddhism)

... the above list can easily be divided into the following:
* Communists
* Nations who have huge social and economic issues
* Countries like Malaysia & Brunei who have a vast muslim population which could mean internal unrest if things go awry.

If any of the above three categories jump in, then it will be global conflict for sure

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join