It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Puzzled By Strange Lights Over NJ Towns

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot
I have to disagree on the lantern theory...

A single light in the sky or multiple lights flying independently yes..

Five in a constant formation?? Not a chance..

Lanterns flicker and bounce around in the wind (whatever the wind speed)

4 clear video images from different angles and people..

Grow up. These are NOT Chinese lanterns

What do you mean a "constant formation"? They are going to look like they're in a constant formation to you on the ground, no matter what. Thats why you can release 6 lanterns and it'll look like 2 triangles in the sky.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Bakane]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake1
In NE Florida last night at dusk, directly above my yard just above the trees, a craft with blinking red lights , 8 of them, shaped like a V came out of nowhere. It was very clear and still light out, just at dusk and I was observing Venus in the SW and Sirius in the SE , moments before there was nothing in the sky .. I'm sure b/c I was amazed at how clear it was. Then suddenly this object was there right above me moving very slowly , i thought it was a plane at first but it was odd.. i couldn't SEE the body of it although it was right there about 20 ft above me and not quite dark , i couldn't see the sky or any stars through it either, so something was there but nothing I could make out.. it was like lights on a shadow. It was right there but all I could really 'see' were the red lights blinking in a V shape (like the video on page 1) I was stunned and frozen there but not really afraid , kind of in a daze .. no one was home (of course) to share this with .. it was moving sooo slowly , I kept trying to focus on it to see what it was , that's the odd part.. if it was a plane that close I could have seen the pilot or windows or something ! It went over my neighbors house and then just disappeared. There has never been a plane here that low or in that direction. Absolutely NOT lanterns it was moving & there was a whooshing sound although it didn't seem that the sound was actually with it.. very hard to explain.. thanks for listening !

Apparently, those type of crafts you describe, is starting to get quite popular, for some reason.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Awake1,

I saw a purplish glowing "V" fly right over my house last year. Unfortunately, it was July 4th, ~11 PM. No fireworks going on, (they'd died down by then). It lasted 5-6 seconds until it flew far enough away that the trees blocked it from my sight. The date and time does make it suspect, though. It's just anecdotal evidence and I have no way to prove it but I could see with my own eyes that it was solid, or rather that the glow was part of AND outlined the front part of something solid, (not residual smoke from fireworks or such).

I sometimes wonder where Gibson got the idea to call one of their guitars the "Flying V". Didn't Jimmi play those? Purple Haze? (joke... or maybe not. :roll

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

What do you mean a "constant formation"? They are going to look like they're in a constant formation to you on the ground, no matter what. Thats why you can release 6 lanterns and it'll look like 2 triangles in the sky.

Here's a sh*t load.. Point out the ones that don't flicker and stay in any formation with their partner balloon.. Also are there any bright red? Search youtube or google and find a bright red burning one.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

on 1/29/09 several residents in whippany, NJ viewed 5 red lights moving slowly in the sky , did anyone else see it? what was it?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I saw them. They are definitely not what the cops are claiming. These lights could not be flares or sky lanterns (the lights were red and gold!!!)...plus didn't anyone hear about the earthquake on 2/2/2009 ???? If you do a little research you'll find a strong correlation between seismic activity and UFO sightings. This is such an interesting story. Someone needs to do some serious investigating. I heard "UFO Hunters" is doing an episode on the Morristown Lights. I think its on their website.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
but what really pist me off is that no one bealeved me! i saw them on my way to my winter lacrosse game and and there were three lights moving across the ski it was insane!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
this may be the video of the same lights ???

www.youtube.com...

I am suspect of this particular video.

Ask yourself why is there a sliding sound every time the camera zooms in and out?
Could it be that there are holes in a board, and the guys slides it out and in across perpendicular to the table, close for zoom in out for zoom out?

Just exposing something fishy, not saying the others are not legit, just maybe not this one.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Update note:
I just saw Morris's post above and this may as well be a duplicate. Seriously Sorry about that Morris, I totally missed that link. Star and

Sys

blog.newsweek.com...
The Great UFO Hoax of 2009
Media coverage was extensive. A lot of it featured Paul Hurley, a pilot, and his family, who appeared of several news broadcasts describing the strange lights they saw in the sky. (For some reason, reporters find pilots’ UFO sightings especially believable.) Rudy and Russo repeated the performance four more time, gaining media coverage for each. Conspiracy websites and radio shows covered the sightings, but “the icing on the cake came when the popular History Channel show UFO Hunters featured the Morristown UFO as their main story one week,” the duo recall. “Bill Birnes, the lead investigator of the show and the publisher of UFO Magazine, declared definitively that the Morristown UFO could not have been flares or Chinese lanterns.”

This was the pair’s main quarry, exposing the foolishness of UFO “investigators.” They write, “are UFO investigators simply charlatans looking to make a quick buck off human gullibility? . . . If a respected UFO investigator can be easily manipulated and dead wrong on one UFO case, is it possible he’s wrong on most (or all) of them? Do the networks buy into this nonsense, or are they in it for the ratings?” unquote

Wow, hooked and bagged Bill Birnes The great UFO Hunter..Dang..

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Sys_Config]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sys_Config

Lol. I'm not sure if that's ethical

Here's another quite funny one from the 1960s.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I think people often underestimate the reasons for people hoaxing. I think some people simply do it for a laugh.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
That was funny and very very good Jack. thanks for sharing. The motives are as diverse as the types of craft for sure. Like the cropcircles in Wiltshire , right near some engineering schools I believe. Corporations are in on the act there and hire circlemakers routinely.
I do know there are many studying the ufo crowd and some no doubt hoax, just to see how cults develop even. www.miragemen.com...
Again Thanx

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackphotohobby
reply to post by Sys_Config

Lol. I'm not sure if that's ethical

Here's another quite funny one from the 1960s.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I think people often underestimate the reasons for people hoaxing. I think some people simply do it for a laugh.

Jack , you'll love this.

hPayBack is a Girlabclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=6742325&rss=rss-wabc-article-6742325
hahahah you're right Jack, not only unethical, but illegal.
They are under arrest!!

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Sys_Config]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join