It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Puzzled By Strange Lights Over NJ Towns

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
wcbstv.com...strange.lights.

MORRISTOWN, N.J. (CBS)

Strange lights were seen hovering over Morris County in New Jersey on Jan. 5, 2009.

Was it a UFO or is there an explanation for it?

Strange, red, blinking lights could be seen across Morris County on Monday night, and officials thought they had figured out what caused them.

Now, they're not so sure.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by MREALE]

[edit on 6-1-2009 by MREALE]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Whatever could they be??

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
A few weeks ago, here in Hudson county, I spotted a UFO pulsating and moving slowly. The light would go on and off, and every time it was off, it could not be seen. 2 choppers came in from the east, and 1 from the north, in which they tried to surround it. The object dissappeared and was no where to be seen.

I spotted this around 5:30-6 PM, in the direction of NYC, from my house, that would be north-northeast. It was really weird and quite upset not to hear anything about it but whatever.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
this may be the video of the same lights ???

www.youtube.com...

These are the lights I saw in New Jersey on Monday January 5, 2009. It was around 8:30 near Morristown. My friend and I initially thought it was an airplane, but after a few minutes we could clearly see it wasn't an airplane or anything we can explain. The entire formation was rising and dipping as well as making sharp turns which would rule out any floating object. It would hover for a few minutes then suddenly change direction. It did not drift with the wind. It was very high up and eventually took off into the distance. Did anyone else see this??????????? I also took some still shots.

here is another one..

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-1-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MREALE

I live in NJ, i wish i was looking up last night instead of looking down an empty bottle.

why am i always the last to know these things!

[edit on 7-1-2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
CBS and FOX both have discussed it. FOX had the film on the news this morning. They didn't give it enough time or seriousness ... but at least it was there.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I saw these lights monday night around 9 PM from my house in Hanover NJ. I don't see how they could have been flares/balloons considering the winds that night and the lights' movement in formation. Definitely the most bizarre thing I've ever seen, be interested to hear from others who saw this- from what i've been hearing there have been several reports across north jersey as well as some in NY.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Will anyone be watching the skies above NJ tonight?

I have a feeling NJ will see more. Hopefully more images/video.

Wasn't there another mass sighting similar to this a few months ago, which the UFO Hunter's did a program about?

They (UFO Hunters) tried to reproduce a hoax scenario, using pvc pipe, balloons and flares, which didn't work.

The video footage of the previous sighting was very simialr to this recent one, same color, same shape.

Does anyone remember where the sighting I mentioned occurred?

Thanks.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

Cool, Hope you see them tonight and report back.
Would be better if we could identify them, or figure out what they couldnt be.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MREALE

Here's another thread on this: www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Do you know what else I find odd about this? The fact that there was a wind turbine reportedly damaged by a UFo on the same day. Also, over the past two weeks there have been many accounts of loud unexplainable booms, bright flashes of light and squiggly lines left in the sky. Alaska, Florida, South Carolina, and an area covering approximatly 400miles in the midwest. Thats not counting the UFO apperances in the UK. All with in the past two weeks.

Also in the past two weeks, a war broke out that we are no longer allowed to watch, Russia cuts off their natural gas, and all the worlds navies head over to the Gulf of Aden to fight the pirates. Perhaps the aliens are comming to warn us to play nice???

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Hmm, coincidence's they all sound like, or could they be?
There might be more going on out there than we as the public might not hear or see in the mainstream news media, since the wars and inaguration will be happening soon.
2009 starting out with a BANG..

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I live in NJ, My eyes are to the sky every freaking night.
Can't believe I was in bed early feeling sick. Oh well.
In fact if anyone in that area is looking for a good spot
to view this vicinity would be Riker Hill Art
Park
in Livingston, NJ. Great look out at the top of the hill. Once you
make it the art buildings.You can see lots of planes landing at the airport.
Amazing View (for Jersey. hahahaha).

[edit on 7-1-2009 by cluckerspud]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
FOX News once again proves why I don't watch them.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Excellent sighting. There's several videos on youtube already as well as a couple of legitimate news coverages. From the videos I've seen this is craft but not any we are formally acquainted with.

Where's all the skeptics when you need em???

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
FAUX News.

There certainly is intelligent life in NJ.

ME!!!!!!!!! hahahaa, kidding.

Who is this "someone" that admitted that they pulled off the phoenix lights?!
More "Some say" BS from FAUX News.

There is no more proof of road flares being used than there is of an Alien.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This was on fox news this morning and they pretty much laughed it off and said it could be chinese lanterns.

But it is winter in the North east and windy as hell, so I doubt it's chinese lanterns. Who know's, interesting though because I have family in area.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
!!!Hello out there!!!

(I was never one to add exclamations at the end of any sentence I've ever written, but it's the only way to get noticed around here.)

---> Does anyone remember that there was another well covered sighting a few months ago that resembled this sighting?

It was also covered on an episode of "UFO Hunters". The video footage of this sighting and the one that occurred a few months ago look exactly the same, they saw the same object/s. Red lights in geometric patterns.

Why is this significant? Because the previous sighting was seen by many people who also video taped it and this new sighting very closely resembles , or looks exactly like the same phenomenon.

And it was determined via a very thorough process by the UFO Hunters to be a very large solid object, not flares or lanterns. And here it is again, the same thing.

Significant, and interesting! Wouldn't someone agree???

Can anyone remember what state the previous sighting that I am referring to (the one covered by UFO Hunters) was in?

There was also a thread on ATS about it, if I remember correctly. I can't find the old thread, and can't remember what state it was in, however I do believe it was in the south west USA.

I know some people are writing this one off now, because some witness said he saw parachutes or something like that, however the experienced pilot who also witnessed the event said that it suddenly took off at a very high rate of speed. I think this is the most interesting thing about this event that has been described.

Thanks for any help.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher
This was on fox news this morning and they pretty much laughed it off and said it could be chinese lanterns.

But it is winter in the North east and windy as hell, so I doubt it's chinese lanterns. Who know's, interesting though because I have family in area.

In Morristown, NJ at the time in question, the wind was from the northwest at less than 5mph and the temperature was 39 degrees.

[edit on 1/8/2009 by Phage]

[edit on 1/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

I would hardly call the UFO Hunters "investigation" of the Tinley Park lights thorough. I'd call it a joke.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join