It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel may file complaint over Hamas' use of schools

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Israel may file complaint over Hamas' use of schools

www.ynetnews.com

...An inquiry into the incident revealed that the IDF soldiers acted according to procedures and fired back at gunmen firing mortar shells from the school. The investigation also revealed that Hamas launching cells were operating within the school. The shells landed outside the school yard.

IDF and intelligence sources said that Hamas was attempting to hide the circumstances of the incident. Members of the organization were also killed in the strike.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well now a few things to say... Israel's missiles landed outside the school not in or on it as Iranian links are reportin in the other misleading threads.

Hamas was sending Rockets out of a UN School and gunmen were using it and Hamas people were killed in the strike. I do think the UN has some splaining to do!!!

Why would the UN allow Hamas to use a building they knew was occupied by children? I don't get it unless they want Palestinian children dead, what other reason could there be?

Israel will have video of all the rocket launches and attacks from Hamas coming from these locations and if or when the world screams Israel will supply the evidence. Dead Hamas members must have been attending Hebrew as a second language classes I assume!

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
the video posted about morter fire is from a different building and from 2007 - the date stamp on the video shows that.

edit:

and heres the video , date is 29th october 2007

[edit on 6/1/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Wow! Harlequin good catch!

So that's two videos now which ATS users have been duped with by external media sources.

Thanks for catching this.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

"Israel may file a complaint over hamas use of schools"
They really are clutching at straws here, the latest one is that hamas had the school bobby trapped - complete rubbish! You really are desperate to justify israels actions in gaza as your post's show.
Wake up matey cos your making a fool out of yourself!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

'Eagle eyes' Harlequin well spotted. There seems to be a lot of these odd videos popping up and this is not the only place I heard this claim.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

U.N. 'sure' no militants at school hit by Israeli troops
Source C.N.N

How did Israel have the names Imad Abu Askhar and Hassan Abu Askhar so fast ?

Slow to trust what Hamas says , equally so I.D.F .
That's why the presence of the international media is sorely missed.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
So Hamas was using the UN Schools? Hey, look at that, not surprised at all. Hamas uses any thing, Mosque, school, hospital, as a base.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Regardless of Hamas using the school, the IDF had been given the coordinates of every UN location in Gaza where people would be sheltering.

No government can justify firing on a school where people are sheltering in any war situation. This is a war crime.

They are soldiers, they knew it wasn't going to be a walk in the park when they went in, that doesn't permit them to fire on a UN site.

Imagine a terrorist cell taking over a school in America. Does anyone think it is acceptable to bomb that school to kill the terrorists?

Hamas is evil (for want of a better word). Absolutely.
But nothing excuses the actions if Israel throughout this slaughter. They are just as bad, if not worse.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Like I've mention before, If anyone else attacked a UN school, there would be a huge uproar across the world. But when Israel does it, its fine. They always find justification.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

GAZA CITY (CNN) -- U.N. officials are "99.9 percent certain" there were no Palestinian militants in or on the grounds of a school that was shelled by Israeli forces, killing more than 40 people, a spokesman said Wednesday

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

RAFAH, Gaza Strip, May 5 (Reuters) - By day, Awad al-Qiq was a respected science teacher and headmaster at a United Nations school in the Gaza Strip. By night, Palestinian militants say, he built rockets for Islamic Jihad.

The Israeli air strike that killed the 33-year-old last week also laid bare his apparent double life and embarrassed a U.N. agency which has long had to rebuff Israeli accusations that it has aided and abetted guerrillas fighting the Jewish state.

In interviews with Reuters, students and colleagues, as well as U.N. officials, denied any knowledge of Qiq’s work with explosives. And his family denied he had any militant links at all, despite a profusion of Islamic Jihad posters at his home.

But militant leaders allied to the enclave’s ruling Hamas group hailed him as a martyr who led Islamic Jihad’s “engineering unit” — its bomb makers. They fired a salvo of improvised rockets into Israel in response to his death.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by GamerGal

GAZA CITY (CNN) -- U.N. officials are "99.9 percent certain" there were no Palestinian militants in or on the grounds of a school that was shelled by Israeli forces, killing more than 40 people, a spokesman said Wednesday

I don't know if the US media has even reported this (seems unlikely) but the Israeli military has actually admitted that the rockets were not fired from the school.

The Israeli government has chosen to remain silent on this as far as I am aware.

So, they were given the coordinates of every UN building, which are also all clearly marked. There was no firing from that school, just as the UN stated. And yet the Israeli government and military hit it anyway.

Linky

Now, pro-Israeli folks, tell me again how righteous and justified Israel is.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
So Hamas was using the UN Schools? Hey, look at that, not surprised at all. Hamas uses any thing, Mosque, school, hospital, as a base.

I would too as these buildings are typically built to be places where the community can hide in case of catastrophe.

My Highschool was a tornado shelter and a fallout shelter. Anytime we had crazy dangerous weather, we would all gather there and hide.

new topics

top topics

join