It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel shells near UN school, killing at least 30

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Israel shells near UN school, killing at least 30

news.yahoo.com

GAZA CITY, Gaza – Israeli mortar shells struck outside a U.N. school where hundreds of Palestinians had sought refuge on Tuesday, killing at least 30 people — many of them children whose parents wailed in grief at a hospital filled with dead and wounded.

The Israeli army said its soldiers came under fire from militants hiding in the school and responded. It accused Gaza's Hamas rulers of "cynically" using civilians as human shields. Residents confirmed the account, saying militants were seen staging attacks from the area.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Was the school a target? The IDf has some of the most accurate artillery in the world thanks in large to the ?? Mossad assasinated Gerald Bull. They say it was mortar fire but who knows.

According to the article this blood incursion has resulted in 70 killed and whopping 2 whole militants out of that total. At what point does this simply become genocide?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
fred i allready posted about 20 links which are slightly more accurate than your headline as they all say:

An army spokesman said troops fired mortars at the premises after gunmen mortared their positions from inside al-Fakhora school in Jabalya refugee camp.

www.reuters.com...

the IDF have allready said they are shooting at schools - JanusFIN has a link from the Israel minister to the UK on TV saying that schools are targets.

edit: added bbc video

[edit on 6/1/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Talk radio said this morning that Isreal knows Hamas is using schools as repositories to hide their weapons stashes and shelter their soldiers. That's probably why.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

the IDF have allready said they are shooting at schools - JanusFin has a link from the Israel minister to the UK on TV saying that schools are targets.

Hamas, typical muslim terrorist cowards hide in schools, hostipals, etc, shoot at Israeli's. Blame the muslim cowards, they are killing their own children for sympathy.

IDF should hunt every single one down. EVERY SINGLE muslim coward......

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
nice to know we have people here promoting the deaths of Muslims

hitler must be laughing in his unmarked grave

[edit on 6-1-2009 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
IDF should hunt every single one down. EVERY SINGLE muslim coward......

Yeahh, every single one of them. Go baby. Oh, and why dont you go out from your warm chair and join the war?
What kind of cowardness is this if there is such an injustice distribution of weapons and budget? One side has home made stupid rockets and stones, other side has newest technological killing machines.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

the IDF have allready said they are shooting at schools - JanusFIN has a link from the Israel minister to the UK on TV saying that schools are targets.

He said in the video that Israel is targeting Hamas Infrastructure in mosques, universities, schools. It doesn't sound IMO that he said they are going after schools with civilians.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by commodore64
What kind of cowardness is this if there is such an injustice distribution of weapons and budget? One side has home made stupid rockets and stones, other side has newest technological killing machines.

Brilliant, so if you are being robbed by a guy with a knife, the cops should only use knifes to subdue him? Silly itsn't it...........

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

nice to know we have people here promoting the deaths of Muslims

hitler must be laughing in his unmarked grave

[edit on 6-1-2009 by bodrul]

Considering Hitler had muslim SS provided by the grand "mufti" kinda silly quote..................

www.fantompowa.net...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have kept discussion from UN schools open...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do we need another?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Brilliant, so if you are being robbed by a guy with a knife, the cops should only use knifes to subdue him? Silly itsn't it...........

what a bad argumentation...
are you saying palestinians are robber, Israelis are ones being robbed, and Israeli army police?
Think again, just for the sake of your argument. Oh, of course it is another subject, which right you call them as robber or terrorist or whatever you want to call.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

and which schools have the been into , inside and seen they have hamas infrastructure? and did that include the American International School as well?

www.ynetnews.com...

An Israeli air strike flattened one of Gaza's best private educational institutions, the American International School which had been targeted by Islamic militants in the past.

Radical Islamists had criticized the school for its Western-style curriculum and coed classes. Most schools in the strip are single sex

seems like no one wanted that american school there.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is systematic genocide:

[G]enocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:
(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

www.ushmm.org...

3 out of five. Isreal and its blind followers must be proud :shk:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

You ask god questions. I personally can't answer that nor you. All I was trying to say is that what you wrote and what the video said didn't jive. From what I have seen of your posts, you don't seem the type of person to mislead and I thought I might bring the oversight to your attention. As far as the schools, I can't say either way whether there are or aren't terrorist shooting from those places.

I can tell you that I am seeing propaganda being thrown out from both sides. Haven't you notice that some of these videos and pictures that accompany the articles don't correspond. Look at the video on this article. Can you tell me with 100% accuracy who is responsible for their injuries? Can you tell me with 100% accuracy that the bombings and buildings are related to the the schools?

I really think the media is using shock value to their advantage. Sad thing is that people are buying into it and relating the videos and pictures to the articles.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

the failed invasion of lebanon taught israel many things - 1 being never underestimate hezbollah and to another degree any man or women defeding there home and the second? keep the media out , and long way away if you want to do everything you want to

boming of the UN outpost without the flag btw , was done on tv, tanks blowing people up - all on tv , hezbollah being shot - on tv , rgp-29`s popping merkava-4`s

guess what

on tv.

which is why all we have now is `this spokesman` and `that spokesman` and a few scant and dodgy video`s of what happening - truth has gone out of the window for what they want you to hear , look at the facial reaction on that bbc interview - i wish i could punch that smug bastard , he says his bit and then ignores paxman `what will the repucusions be` - `you know this will never stop the bombs` , and its just ignored.

and those people like you and me caught between a rock and a hard place

extremists to the left of me , zealots to the right and stuck in the middle with you!

even the people of israel are sick and tired of all this war - btw have you noticed how our regular posters from israel have all disapeared , i wonder if the israel ISP has blacklisted ATS.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
and which schools have the been into , inside and seen they have hamas infrastructure? and did that include the American International School as well?

www.ynetnews.com...

seems like no one wanted that american school there.

Maybe Israel doesn't like the idea of schools for Palestinians?

This looks the continuing policies of destroying all infrastructure and leaving the people with really nothing else to do other than fight.

What better way to keep the Military and Homeland Security Industry going than using the bombs, justifying more spending, and breeding more terrorists at the same time?

new topics

top topics

join