It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Hamas stealing aid supplies to sell to residents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Report: Hamas stealing aid supplies to sell to residents

www.ynetnews.com

Grim picture of Gazans' lives painted by reports emerging from Strip, claiming gunmen hiding in civilian homes, using residents as human shields, and hijacking trucks of humanitarian aid
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
true face of Hamas civilians are simply used as cannon fodder or human shields. Reports out of Gaza say residents who attempted to flee their homes in the northern area of the Strip were forced to go back at gunpoint, by Hamas men.
Other civilian complaints state that Hamas gunmen pull children along with them "by the ears" from place to place, fearing that if they don't have a child with them they will be fair game to the IDF. Others hide in civilian homes and stairwells, UNRWA ambulances, and mosques.

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I need read other articles from this website AND author (Roee Nahmias) BEFORE I consider this article as valid... because lets face it

Ynetnews: The real Israel in real time

Part of Yedioth Group, Israel's largest media company, sister site to Israel's best web operation

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yeh, Jewish news are very credible and reliable source.

Propaganda at its best.
NO THANKS!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So Israel is letting in Israeli journalists into Gaza, but no foreign journalists?

Do you have to work directly for Mossad to be allowed into the conflict zone or is she just making up the story? Something doesn't add up.

Either way, this report stinks of disinformation.

As for the premise behind the story; I will not rule out that members of Hamas may be withholding aid from the civilian population, but until we can get some unbiased journalists inside Gaza to interview, say, a UN worker, I will continue to remain skeptical of stories such as this.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
the source was from Palestinian reporters who live in GAZA. read the article again...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The suspicion is that the group's operatives have seized control of any supplies passing through the crossings – including those sent by Israel and international organizations.

reports say Hamas takes a cut out of all aid that arrives, including flour and medicine. Supplies intended to be distributed without gain among the population is seized by the group and sold to the residents, at a profit to the Hamas government.

In other cases, civilians are simply used as cannon fodder or human shields. reports out of Gaza say residents who attempted to flee their homes in the northern area of the Strip were forced to go back at gunpoint, by Hamas men.

The organization is presumably interested in increasing civilian casualties in order to give rise to international pressure against Israel. Arab media reported that in an IDF strike on a UN school 30 civilians were killed, but there is no legitimate way to prove gunmen were among those killed as Hamas tends to bury these bodies quickly, thus eliminating evidence in Israel's favor.

Other civilian complaints state that Hamas gunmen pull children along with them "by the ears" from place to place, fearing that if they don't have a child with them they will be fair game to the IDF. Others hide in civilian homes and stairwells, UNRWA ambulances, and mosques.

In other reported cases Hamas gunmen hold civilians hostage in alleyways in order to provide themselves with a living barricade to ward off IDF forces. Reports somewhat more difficult to verify say the group's men shot Fatah operatives in the feet to make sure the latter would not attempt a coup.

Hmmm, that article is a little bit vague isn't it? Where are these reports from? Who reported these reports?

Personally, this article is comical. We're supposed to believe this article without the article even giving us the reporters names or sources?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
More sources for this information would be good.
At any rate - this story confirms what we already know.
Human shields. Civilian infrastructure used for military purposes.

To the OP - You might want to find some other sources to back up the story.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This happens everywhere and at all times.

Stage 1: Some countries "give aid".
Stage 2: The "aid" is being sold to the people instead freely distributed.
Stage 3: Money is used to buy weapons from the country that "gave" aid.

Good business, nothing else.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
i think its about time people realised hamas have no real intention of helping the people of palastine,they seem to exist to fuel the conflict and bring about more depopulation.

its like them "psyops" folks who infiltrate left wing protests pretending to be left wing themselves,and then start trouble and violence,bringing down the protest from the inside.
division for conflict is their number one AIm,they will do it from the inside and out,like obama,a fake saviour,mind control alpha waves detected at his rallies,like they were with the bushes and hitlers rallies.

i predict obama will send a load more troops to afganistan,make a heoric push to defeat the talibian and goad them and the pakistani extremists(or rather wazaristan) into attacking india big time,resulting in an all out war between india and pakistan.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Dont know if its true or not....because I just dont know anymore what to believe....

I did read this:

Israel has been allowing trucked relief supplies to enter Gaza. Ninety aid trucks crossed the border Thursday.
seattlepi.nwsource.com...

I hope this ^^ information is true

[edit on 1/6/2009 by greeneyedleo]

top topics

join