It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-26

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I found this website about a plane called the f-26, at first i thought it was a hoax but after reading over it im not so sure
www.stavatti.com...
Is it real or not?

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
As regards F-26 Projekt STALMA (Short Take off Advanced Light Multi-role Aircraft) it best to ask Intelgurl as they have a Raytheon logo on the site and she works for them, but it does appear to be a genuine concept project ... though having looked into the company and its CEO ( www.aiaa.org... ) I think it was never a truly serious proposition (if you check out the home page www.stavatti.com... of the company they have 3 other planes and sports planes)

F-26 "Stalma"

Primary Function: Multi-role Fighter
Prime Contractor: Stavatti Tactical Air
Warfare Systems
Power Plant: One F119-PW-100 Augmented Turbofan
Length: 49 ft 9 inSpecifications:
Height: 13 ft 7 in
Wingspan: (5� Sweep) 57 ft 0 in (70� Sweep) 30 ft 4 in
Speed: Mach 2.3
Ceiling: 60,000+ ft

The F-26 Stalma is a single place multi-role fighter being developed by Stavatti Corporation, Tactical Air Warfare Systems Division in St. Paul, Minnesota. The Stalma is a single place, single engine air superiority aircraft offering variable geometry, supercruise, enhanced agility and low observability characteristics. The Short Takeoff Advanced Light Multi-role Aircraft (STALMA) program began in 1989 as a conceptual light weight fighter suitable for the replacement of F-16C and F/A-18C multi-mission aircraft in the late 1990s.

The Stalma evolved as a possible candidate for the USAF Multi-Role Fighter (MRF) program under the Bush Administration. The introduction of the ARPA ASTOVL program in 1993 and the 1995 initiation of the Tri-Service Joint Advanced Strike Technology (JAST) project, resulting in the current Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) program, quelled the necessity for DoD MRF development. Shifting emphasis toward the production of a dedicated international export fighter, Stalma development continues as a commercial venture.

I have found a couple more links

www.airwar.ru...
www.lowobservable.com...

www.hitechweb.szm.sk...

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by Popeye]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Not real....
in my opinion it is an elaborate hoax.

There is simply no proof that any of their products are actually being funded or even considered by the DoD.

I refer you to this thread in the rec.aviation.military newsgroup.
Stavatti is first and foremost a company that manufactures drums and other musical instruments.

Although Stavatti is listed with Janes Defense Weekly as an aerospace industry there is just no proof or indication that there is any DoD money going to the company. They claim to make laser rifles, particle beams, etc...
The company website at one time (it has changed) said that Stavatti builds space fighters, with this statement:

"We know what threats are out there. A 9mm just won�t cut it when you are facing 30 ft tall insectoids, or the reptile alien overlords from Rigel."

(This is according to Defense Tech forum)

That statement doesn't sound like a serious multimillion dollar a year defense industry corporation.

Although the laser rifles Stavatti claims to market are not the aircraft in question, I believe that the glaring problems with the science involved in Stavatti's claimed laser rifles negatively affect Stavatti's credibility.

One of the main problems with the science is that the radioactive polonium used to generate adquate power for the weapon would make the device far deadlier if the soldier just threw it at the enemy rather than to shoot the laser beam at them.

In contradiction to the Stavatti info on the laser rifle, polonium is extrememly dangerous even in quantities as small as a milligram.

According to one defense-science blog it would take tons of polonium to create the power that Stavatti claims the laser has, yet the substance is only present in minute quantities to power the weapon, but in quantities large enough to kill the soldier using it, especially considering the shielding required for an element like that would be significantly large and heavy.

The documentation also describes the output of the device in watts when joules are the appropriate unit with which to measure such a weapon's output.

Stavatti's CEO Chris Baskar says that Stavatti is legit. However, Mr. Baskar can not show proof of any clients for the company's alledged high-tech arms business.

I admit that I was fooled by this, as have been numerous reputable aerospace publications and websites as cited by Popeye's post.

But after personal inquiries at work (Raytheon) as to Stavatti's claimed relationship with Raytheon I got a resounding "What's Stavatti?"... No one in client relations knows anything about them.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hey everyone, Intel

The F-26 STALMA (Short Takeoff Advanced Light Multi-role Aircraft) is an advanced, sixth generation multi-role fighter suitable for Direct Commercial Sales to U.S. and NATO/allies. Designed to replace F-16C and F/A-18C/E combat aircraft in U.S. and NATO air arms, the F-26 is a single seat, single engine, high performance weapon system incorporating variable geometry, supercruise, pitch/yaw thrust vectoring, integrated avionics, enhanced agility and low observability characteristics. Conceived for maximum performance and combat capability, the F-26 is designed for all-weather, supersonic operation at both low and high altitudes. Optimized for air-to-air interception, combat air patrol, air dominance, close-in air-to-air engagements ('dogfight'), carrier air defense, anti-shipping strike, wild weasel/anti-radiation strike, all weather precision attack, interdiction, battlefield close air support, suppression of enemy air defenses, tactical reconnaissance, conventional bombing and tactical nuclear penetration, the F-26 STALMA will counter threats to US and NATO allied air superiority.

The site i found this information at includes for info even thought its a hoax i guess the site includes an "Overview", "Specifications", "General Arrangement",
Pricing & Availabilty" wth lol, and "Multimedia" Sections. All the nfo youll need on this plane will be there and if not then ask intel cause shes the best on aircraft ive seen so far. cya around, Shadow Site

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'd say fake.

Read the letters from the owner. Seems to me that he is basically using the site to put out his own opinions. Perhaps by wrapping them up with this mythical aircraft he thinks no one will notice?

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Thanks Intelgurl for giving us the inside track.

If you check his (Chris Brasker CEO of Stavatti) CV you will see he only got his Degree B.S.? (isn't supposed to be BSc - it is in the UK - Prehaps B.S. is Correct lol) Major - Physics from University of Wisconsin-River Falls in 1997 after studying for 5 years (presumably part time) does not seem to be the background I would expect of a serious defence contractor CEO.

Seems to be lot of hot air and pipe dreams being called privately funded defence projects (used the company money to indulge fanatasies)

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259
I found this website about a plane called the f-26, at first i thought it was a hoax but after reading over it im not so sure
www.stavatti.com...
Is it real or not?

Well if it ain't Stavatti. I hate to say this... but, it's a fake... I thought for a little while it was real too... but, it's not.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
How about these photos. I got these from the Stavatti website.

The CEO and family:

My favorite; the corporate headquarters:

This has got te be fake.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It is fake, first off, THAT THING will never fly, look, it has 2 sets of wings, one foward swept and the other hanging back, and are too short for such a long aircraft.

Pluse STAVATTI?? What kind of corperate name is that???

And plus a multi role aircraft costing 36 million???
No that will never sell, it is too high for such a light weight and now very built aircraft.

It is just the sick dream of a con man thinking he could get payed several billion dollars from the government, will never happen.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hehe, this is very funny-

www.stavatti.com...

read that, it states when the project was founded, and it gives a long speech about the defense initiative being upheld by Stavatti.

To me this is total BS.

But have fun reading...

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Also some pics i found on the website-

I can't believe anyone would want to color their aircraft these colors, they look like spiders.

Is that a canadian leaf on this one?-

checkout the insignia on this one-

This guy is full of himself in this one-

Is this clay?-

So this guy can draw, so can I.-

Main webpage- www.stavatti.com...

Geeze, Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Verry funny!!!!!

I especially like this one!

Its the face of an alien!

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJDOHBOY

Verry funny!!!!!

I especially like this one!

Its the face of an alien!

Hey look! THE ET is smiling, the bastard, he nukes us then smiles!!

Well we'll show him! Send some F-22's in there, teach him a lesson!.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I don't care what you people say, I'm getting one.

At $36,200,000.00 it's a steel.

I've recently made contact with a woman in Africa, it's actually a sad story, it seems her former husband was the president of this small African nation and he was recently murdered.

I know it's horrible but luckily (and honestly I don't know how) they got a hold of my email address and sent me a letter asking for my help in securing her ex-husbands massive fortune.

Long story short, I've forwarded them all my bank info and as soon as my share of the money is transfered into my account, I'm making my first payment on my new Jet.

Mine's going to be painted a color they call "compensation yellow", I'm very excited.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
I don't care what you people say, I'm getting one.

At $36,200,000.00 it's a steel.

I've recently made contact with a woman in Africa, it's actually a sad story, it seems her former husband was the president of this small African nation and he was recently murdered.

I know it's horrible but luckily (and honestly I don't know how) they got a hold of my email address and sent me a letter asking for my help in securing her ex-husbands massive fortune.

Long story short, I've forwarded them all my bank info and as soon as my share of the money is transfered into my account, I'm making my first payment on my new Jet.

Mine's going to be painted a color they call "compensation yellow", I'm very excited.

Spiderj

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you our next generation Einstein.

Notice how he hopelessly scratches his back at an itch he cannot reach.

Dude short story even longer, maybe you dont realize that it is not a steal. 36,000,000.00, and you think it's a good buy?

You know nothing about aircraft, first off, that thing costs nearly as much as a B-2, THAT IS VERY BAD.

Imagine how much it would cost to maintain that thing?

A raptor does not cost as much as that piece of crap(excuse me for the language).

That is not even stealth, the technology is from like before the F-15e, it is something we could have had, but did not because we actually MOVED FOWARD in the technology tree. And as for that African fortune thing, what she stoned when she sent you that email?

Hell give it to me, I know what should be bought, some very pointy sticks and training to go along with it!
(If you dont see that im just being sarcrastic, i should recommend you to a doctor).

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Dude short story even longer, maybe you dont realize that it is not a steal. 36,000,000.00, and you think it's a good buy?

You know nothing about aircraft, first off, that thing costs nearly as much as a B-2, THAT IS VERY BAD.

Imagine what it would cost to buy you a sense of humor.

Dude, lighten up, it's a joke. Where are you sticking those pointed sticks? I assumed everyone would get the african money scam reference my mistake.

For anyone else who's interested, I just got done checking out their whole website and I highly recomend it.

Either these guys have a lot of free time or they really get into their practical jokes.

Read the carreers section, it's very good.

They also offer a personal jet, lasers in rifle form for the discriminating consumer and launch systems.

It really is a great site.

Shattered time to relax a little have a donut.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj

Imagine what it would cost to buy you a sense of humor.

Dude, lighten up, it's a joke. Where are you sticking those pointed sticks? I assumed everyone would get the african money scam reference my mistake.

For anyone else who's interested, I just got done checking out their whole website and I highly recomend it.

Either these guys have a lot of free time or they really get into their practical jokes.

Read the carreers section, it's very good.

They also offer a personal jet, lasers in rifle form for the discriminating consumer and launch systems.

It really is a great site.

Shattered time to relax a little have a donut.

Spiderj

I do have a sense of humor, notice the opening the punch line?

Yes well, i have a large sense of humor, see that squirle? He is my friend, my BEST friend, and this is my whale, see his silly hat? He is a time traveler, he knows what the future is in store for us-

I got the whale idea from adult swim.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
actually, F-22's cost 350,000,000

32 million for a supposed advanced next gen super fighter IS a steal

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by KKing123
actually, F-22's cost 350,000,000

32 million for a supposed advanced next gen super fighter IS a steal

Actually I believe the Raptor costs $1.2 mil, and do you think the US is about to spend 32 mil on a fighter when they're like 1.3 bil in the hole?

Sorry bud, but you need to do some research.

AND FOR THE LAST TIME... STAVATTI IS NOT REAL.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join