It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine Unarmed Girl Stands Up Against israeli Army[Video]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Well yes I am immature and no I don't understand my emotions.
As far as soldiers go I don't understand them either.
I felt the need to reply to all who found my post to be offensive.My point wasn't to sound insensitive.
I don't trust a guy with a gun in his hand from the opposing side to not shoot and was trying to put myself in his shoes when writing my post.
For all those who say I have no conscience I guess its fair game after re-reading it.It did come across as insensitive.
For the record,I couldn't kill anybody under any circumstances.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

The Topic of this thread is - "Palestine Unarmed Girl Stands Up Against israeli Army[Video]"

Its not "lets bitch at other members".

Stick to the topic please. Off topic posts WILL be removed.

[edit on 7 Jan 2009 by neformore]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
If I was a soldier doing my job and she was in the way then I would just shoot her and carry on doing what I was paid and ordered to do.
Thats reality.War has no conscience.

Wrong. YOU have no bleeping conscience. If I was a bystander with a gun and saw you shoot her just for that, I'd give up my life, but so would you. Cause I'd kill you deader than hell. Automatic pilot.

Well said, well said buddy.

You just expressed a possible solution at micro-level that could also be applied at the macro-level.

There seems to be no other way now.

Occupied Palestinian Territories totals 300,000 and the post-1967 under-5 infant mortality 183,000 (of which 90% has been avoidable) - as compared to 2,178 post-1967 Israeli terrorism deaths (Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs figures). Partial log of genocidal terrorist massacres are here
Massacres by IsraeliosShocking.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Jinni]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Mod Note - removed unnecessary, off topic part of post. - See above.

And to stay on topic, this girl was extremely brave. I don't know if I would be able to do what she did and I admire it greatly.

[edit on 7 Jan 2009 by neformore]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Here's what the terrorist Israelios did to Rachel Corrie - a hero to many people! And this was when cameras were rolling!

Warning: Grpahic Images

i139.photobucket.com...

Rachel Corrie Site

Yes, look at what they did to her and are now doing worse in Gaza today!

We need to see what they are doing to good and courageous people so you know why it's important to carry the torch.

[edit: to add Warning and change embedded image to link]

[edit on 7-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Ok so I responded to all who slung the mud at me,now I will clarify it a tad better.
In my mind a soldier follows orders.Right?
If he has a mission or a job to do then he can't exactly go back to his people who give the orders and say I couldn't do it bcuz there was a girl waving her arms in front of my gun.
What do you think his commanders would say to him?
Yes it was very brave but I think it was stupid of her as she could have been killed or wounded.I would have just fled.(call me a coward its ok)
Next time I will word it better instead of saying I would do that.
I was thinking from the soldiers point of view and no I am not a soldier so maybe it was ignorant but nonetheless it is my opinion.
Don't get so ruffled people...this is a touchy subject to everyone.
I apologize if I upset or offended anyone that was not my intention.My intention was to share my opinion regardless of what it is worth.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Enough.

In my post above I asked people to stay on topic, and all that came was further off-topoc bickering and personal attacks.

This is ATS. Its not some schoolyard or back alley.

If you cannot refrain from attacking posters here DO NOT POST.

Simple as that.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
The other side of this is the rocks being thrown at the soldiers, some improvised with a sling to do more damage. Do you think those can't kill a soldier just as easy?

How can you compare a tear gas grenade to a rock? I believe those tear gas grenades can do a lot more damage and kill more than one person at a time. For example, the tear gas grenade itself could land on someone's head, which could be lethal. The actual tear gas denotating in middle of the crow could kill them, for example like this incident happened where a tear gas grenade denoted in middle of a group of people. (www.elpasotimes.com...)

Another thing that can kill one or more person is by accidently breathing the toxic cs gas, which "many studies have raised doubts about this classification. As well as creating severe pulmonary damage, cs gas can also significantly damage the heart and liver". (en.wikipedia.org...)

This just shows that one tear gas grenade can impact a lot more damage than a simple rock would, it can especially do a lot of damage when several of the tear gas grenades are deployed.. Let's not forget the soldiers have bullet proof helmets, so what's a simple rock gonna do to it?

Now, we have no proof of wether the soldiers are actually firing real rounds or just rubber bullets. But, either way it's not a fair fight since none of the kids had anything as lethal do defend themselves.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

why are you shooting at us ?

what a question to ask - and in english tooo

a perfect sound byte for a staged confrontation

pallywood strikes again

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
i speak hebrew
ill transalate
when she doesnt budge he says `i dont believe this`
she says your shooting at kids
another guys shows `want help`
so he says `no no`

a couple of things
they are clearly new, unexperienced
second of all they are well aware of the camera there
they dont want the usual arab propeganda of `look what the big bad israeli soldiers did`
however
they look very uncertain because for all they know she could be a suicide bomber

put it this way

if there was no camera there theyd have put a bullet through her

sorry but the palestians made their bed
now they`re lying in it

you dont attack and attack israel year after year and get away with it
long live israel

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
its kind of ironic
but after 6 million of my people murdered in the second world war
and thousands of years of being treated like garbage and spat upon by every country, its actually rather satisfying to see us giving out the punishment for once

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by elliotuk90
its kind of ironic
and thousands of years of being treated like garbage and spat upon by every country, its actually rather satisfying to see us giving out the punishment for once

It's satisfying to see children being killed?

You would think that after "thousands of years of being treated like garbage," it would teach one not to do it to others. But if it brings you satisfaction to do it to others, does that mean that everyone who treated the Jews like garbage were right for doing it?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

you dont attack and attack israel year after year and get away with it
long live israel

Do you know why Israel is being attacked? Could Israel's border expansions have anything to do with it?

Notice that every areas where Israel has tried to invade and expand its border into has been met with resistance that later formed into groups like Hamas.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

its kind of ironic

The Holocaust is no excuse to become jack booted thugs.

As for "thousands of years of being treated like garbage and spat upon by every country", you'd think that considering the numerous different cultures, and attitudes of the people in those countries that someone would wake up, look around, and think "Hey, maybe it's us."

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk

its kind of ironic

As for "thousands of years of being treated like garbage and spat upon by every country", you'd think that considering the numerous different cultures, and attitudes of the people in those countries that someone would wake up, look around, and think "Hey, maybe it's us."

thats the close minded anti semitism im talking about!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join