It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine Unarmed Girl Stands Up Against israeli Army[Video]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
She is a very brave woman. A secular education has taught her well in non-violent resistance, if only others were as brave as her in that.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It certainly appears as if the global opinion of Israel's actions will sour rapidly as hostilities continue to escalate.... But this one event seems significant because it shows explicitly what life is like in the border regions of Israel, both for the Palestinians and the IDF soldiers. One unarmed person, standing alone against armed soldiers firing on a crowd of protesters, this video in my opinion has put an undeniable personal perspective on this conflict. All anyone need do is watch it.

Impressive.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

WTF is wrong with you people, thinking soldiers are slaves?! I bet you don't even know a soldier, let alone seen one up close.

There is a difference between lawful and unlawful orders, no matter what country your in. As for her or any civilian being the enemy, wrong. They are non combatants. No professional soldier is going to willingly kill a non combatant, don't confuse hollywood with real life.

The term enemy is an over used hollywood term. It is an ignorant mind set. Some thing that developed over generations, and will take many more to correct.

Any one who has been to combat will agree, the opponent or "enemy" as has been used, is never to be under estimated. They change routines and fight for a cause like any one else. I hear people call Iraqis animals, or Palestinians and Saudis the same, but they are people. Like you and I, raised in an enviornment and exposed to conditioning such a propaganda like any one in the world.

If one doesn't know different, than how they were raised, then how can they be expected to know better. We don't know why they are the way they are, and won't until having been in their shoes.

Hate is ignorance, I never hated the insurgents. I sure as heck got really po'ed at them and wanted vengence, yes. But to hate some one, hate is evil. Hate is genocide and ethnic cleansing, hate is prejudice and so on.

Ignorance straight up and simple as that.

We are here to deny ignorance, and we can not do that, until we have denied our own.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
As brave as that girl might be I really think that was very stupid of her.If there were no cameras then she would be dead.
If I was a soldier doing my job and she was in the way then I would just shoot her and carry on doing what I was paid and ordered to do.
Thats reality.War has no conscience.
I will admit that took some guts tho.

I cannot believe what you just said!

How can you kill someone because you have been told to? Does anyone question the reason why they are there.

You should only shoot to kill those in which threaten you, not for just standing in the way. I do not understand why people sit back and wait for leaders of countries to do something about attacks. Everyone gets to say and do as they please! The world is not owned by anyone......They should stand up and change there ways.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Governments are conducting "simple" HUMAN communication?
We are to feel sorry for those soldiers who execute such a communication?

You know what Cassius Clay (Mohammad Ali) did when offered to spread such communication?

Now that was a brave man who did not deserve pity like these guys.
He rather spent 5 years in jail than spread government communication.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Deny ignorance? She doesn't look afraid at all to me and it looks very staged from her side. The soldiers are clearly trying to break up the crowds and are not using live ammo or the scene would look much different.

The other side of this is the rocks being thrown at the soldiers, some improvised with a sling to do more damage. Do you think those can't kill a soldier just as easy?

I try and stay out of these posts as much as possible because the majority of people I see post here don't seem to have a clue about the reality of war and other areas of the world. If terrorists groups hide missiles in schools then they are making the schools targets. If rioters or activists got hit with a bullet for slinging rocks at people with guns, that's their fault for throwing the rocks and not leaving the area.

To the people saying if they saw somebody shoot the girl they would then shoot the soldier. Do you realize your now just as bad as the person you hated so much?

War sucks but usually each side has a reason for doing what they are doing and neither is 100% in the right.

Can we also stop throwing around the Zionists terms? Mostly from that mason guy. I don't even think half the the people in here grasp what it is they post about but just want a post count.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Why didnt they leave the area.... there were leaflets dropped and it was obvious that an invasion was goning to happen to root out the extremeists...

why would you so stupidy place yourself in such a dangerous crossfire situation.

im shure all the logical people left so they didnt have to die for hamas and allahs will.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

As brave as that girl might be I really think that was very stupid of her.If there were no cameras then she would be dead.
If I was a soldier doing my job and she was in the way then I would just shoot her and carry on doing what I was paid and ordered to do.

You are manifesting your immature fantasy with an emotion you cannot understand. You speak dire words, not every soldier is a machine.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Palestinians have been pushed from their land into this tiny strip concentration camp, and when they want to go back, they're called "mob". They throw rocks at enemy soldiers because they don't have big friend to present them with most up to date weapons. That's what makes them pitiful?

And a brave woman who is better dead than alive, as seen by most civilized humans, defies all logic and asks idiots to stop doing what they do...

This surely shows the present state of human race, and I must say, as Kafka once said:

There may be hope, but not for human beings.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Yeah because their so ignorant that they would stay in a warzone so hamas can use them as human sheilds.... theres no hope for them because they want to die in their ingorance... for their god.

O no its my land..... blah blah blah god gave it to me boohoo *tear* *tear*
it is pitifull i can only hope they grow up after kickign the crap out of eachother.

I guess this time that girl didnt have a bomb strapped to her.... notice how isreal didnt just shoot her.... im sure hamas will take advantage of that next time.. and youll have an ignroant girl with a bomb on her.. and when she detonates all you tards will cheer because she sacraficed herself for ignorance.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

There may be hope, but not for human beings.

With human posts like yours, hope remains.

Stay strong and maybe the outcome of these atrocities may be decided by the universe and not the will of certain puppets.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Yeah because their so ignorant that they would stay in a warzone so hamas can use them as human sheilds.... theres no hope for them because they want to die in their ingorance... for their god.

Ignorance is not a crime. Unlike your goodself, the Palestinain people can't just jump a plane on a few weeks/months wages and see every portion of the world.

Unlike you, the Palestinians do not have information at the click of a button.

They know little, because they are a trapped people. Borders have closed, few counties will allow them in. Shame on you.

O no its my land..... blah blah blah god gave it to me boohoo *tear* *tear*
it is pitifull i can only hope they grow up after kickign the crap out of eachother.

and if it was your land?

I guess this time that girl didnt have a bomb strapped to her.... notice how isreal didnt just shoot her.... im sure hamas will take advantage of that next time.. and youll have an ignroant girl with a bomb on her.. and when she detonates all you tards will cheer because she sacraficed herself for ignorance.

You'd be very suprised at the amount of girls WHO DON'T have bombs strapped to them. Your sticking up for Israel because this time they didn't shoot her. Other times they have...
In the face of war, nobody is ignornant. At the age of five i would have died for any of my family, and i'm a white atheist, with little interest in politics or greed.Does that blow your mind?
How on earth does anyone sacrifice themself for ignorance..........?

Please explain. Or are you just inserting the ATS motto into a sentence to appease X amount of people?

I really would love know, with all due respect.

*tips hat*

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
For thousand years people have been presented with the opportunity to take stand before death.

If it wasn't for cowards who accept to be slaves rather than to face the inevitable (which everyone has to do eventually) there would be no slavery in the first place. There would be no attempts to enslave, and there would be no attempts to accomplish anything by force.

One doesn't need to be intelligent to understand this. All one needs is to be brave. But being brave is labeled as being stupid by those who can't tell cunning from wisdom.

This is why ignorance has to be denied.

Have you seen the last film from Clint Eastwood, Grand Torin? Well, he offered an interesting example of this same kind as the girl from the video. Maybe he inspired her?
I'd like to meet this girl...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
[

In the face of war, nobody is ignornant. At the age of five i would have died for any of my family, and i'm a white atheist, with little interest in politics or greed.Does that blow your mind?

no your ignorance is quite clear. If it was my land id move rather than for me and my children suffer for it. Your saying that you would glady die for your family... what does that mean? You would strap a bomb to your chest to distroy the evil occupiers that are just doing their job to put food on the table and protect their familys?

If this is what your family wants.. then they know nothing of love... and then saddly neither would you. You will get exaclty what you want through your logic.. suffering and death.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It disturbs me how anyone in here can have a bad word to say about what is done there.

Yes - the red magazine is rubber bullets - but they hurt and kill just as well as real bullets at that kind of range with an unlucky shot.

She is incredibly brave and I only wish more would stand up like her. Maybe if some Israelis would stand up like that right now in front of their own troops and demand them to stop the slaughter - blood would be spared.

Does anyone know who she is - I would love to write to her with my congratulations and I suggest everyone else here who agrees does too.

Inspirational.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Unfortunately that is exactly what happens in war, gender, age nothing matters when the orders are given and the insanity sets in, that's all there is left. There are many soldiers with a conscience, but there are those that snap.

War does have no conscience.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutty_Rag

Her best bet is not to reveal herself. If the IDF snipers do not get her down the road then some Mossad hit squad may do so.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf
no your ignorance is quite clear. If it was my land id move rather than for me and my children suffer for it. Your saying that you would glady die for your family... what does that mean? You would strap a bomb to your chest to distroy the evil occupiers that are just doing their job to put food on the table and protect their familys?

You have to understand something Wertdagf, some people are willing to stand up and fight for what they feel is right. You say that you would just move but, while you are walking with all the other women and children to your new estates, I bet you would be filled with shame that you didn't strap a pair on.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Also, to the guy who made the comment about Hammas exploiting someone like her as a suicide bomber.

Unless you are blind, you will notice that the soldiers are firing on teenagers. If there had have been a bomber there what exactly wouldn't be justified about it?

Terrible yes - an act of blind terror - no.

I have made this point on ATS 20 times or so in the last week. Stop associating bombing/suicide bombing/rocket attacks with 'terrorism'.

In a war situation these are just as valid as tank attacks and aerial bombardment.

Israel band around the 'T word' so much at the moment and it sickens me how many people fall in line like sheep nodding their heads. It's propaganda - you can't have terrorists in a war - that is like some kind of oxymoron.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join