It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine Unarmed Girl Stands Up Against israeli Army[Video]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is the town of Balin near Ramallah. Every week a demonstration is held there protesting the wall being built around the town. Usually with heavy presence of Israeli and western peace activists.

And sadly, although the protests are usually peaceful, there are multiple cases of rubber shots wounds and suffocation of tear gas every week.

The girl looks Palestinian to me, so she may have been raised in the US or have studied there. And even if she hadn't, there are many Palestinians who can speak with perfect English (with an accent that depends on the educational institution that they have attended)

[edit on 6-1-2009 by whats_real]

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That was the bravest and most amazing thing I have seen. Kudos to this young woman. A voice of sanity. I wish they all could do this. They should all stand up like that, unarmed, and do the same thing. And not back down until its over, or until the world forces this to end. Because, its the only way they can show they're not the murders here.

Please stop shooting at the children! Or stealing their farms, and killing their families! Stop it now!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
As brave as that girl might be I really think that was very stupid of her.If there were no cameras then she would be dead.
If I was a soldier doing my job and she was in the way then I would just shoot her and carry on doing what I was paid and ordered to do.
Thats reality.War has no conscience.
I will admit that took some guts tho.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
My sons are being taught to never go to war, and I have 5. And they are also told no matter what, to never follow any orders that would harm anyone, especially any innocents. So any soldier that behaves like that is a criminal!!!!!!!!!! I don't care what their training. If the guy over your head gives you a bad order, take HIM out!!!!!!

[edit on 6-1-2009 by mystiq]

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
As brave as that girl might be I really think that was very stupid of her.If there were no cameras then she would be dead.
If I was a soldier doing my job and she was in the way then I would just shoot her and carry on doing what I was paid and ordered to do.
I will admit that took some guts tho.

You obviously don't realize how illogical bravery is.

It doesn't matter how stupid an act is if it is brave.

Bravery isn't defined as walking into a situation which you are certain to live in. It is walking into a situation you are certain to die in, but for something in which you believe.

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

You would shoot an innocent girl just because she was in your way? wow, just wow.

It seems a conflict like this really brings out the worst in people, thats why its so great to see a truly good person like this brave girl.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Notice the sub-titles? What language is it, Tajikstani or maybe Mongolian? What are the viewers to think?

Well at least the zionists are being exposed.

[edit on 063131p://pm3136 by masonwatcher]

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Wrong. YOU have no bleeping conscience. If I was a bystander with a gun and saw you shoot her just for that, I'd give up my life, but so would you. Cause I'd kill you deader than hell. Automatic pilot.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
That girl's hella brave.

I have to agree with DrumsRFun though. If I was a soldier, she'd be alive, but I think the point he's making is...many soldiers would take her life if she's stopping them from carrying the act they set out to do.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

The girl was brave, braver than I and I am a big bloke.

I have to give a little credit to the soldiers, they could have lost it but didn't. They obviously have orders not to harm the foreign national activists and they stuck to it. Notice how one of them calls HQ for further orders?

I think they don't want another Rachel Corrie at HQ.

[edit on 073131p://pm3158 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The look on her face from 2:00 onward says a hell of a lot. She was clearly terrified but continued anyway. From a survival perspective, her choice was absurd--a perfect candidate for a Darwin Award had she been killed. But from the standpoint of making a moral statement, as she intended, she was a great success. Notice the expressions on the faces of the soldiers she's confronting. Do you think they ever anticipated having to face and converse with the enemy? These are the moments when warring becomes difficult--when the target of your bullet is staring you dead in the eye. When we're granted separation from our targets, it's no wonder we have little difficulty dropping a bomb or firing artillery upon them. If only every soldier, in every war, had to face the person he was about to kill, I suspect the mountains of bodies would be much smaller.

[edit on 6/1/09 by paperplanes]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If they had shot her, they are guilty of murder. Shooting unarmed civilians is illegal.

Kudos to her for the act of bravery.

Kudos to the soldiers for keeping there heads about them.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Impressive display. Not unlike the Chinese protestor who got in the way of the tanks.

Yes they did not shoot her, but the TV cameras were on as well so who knows.

Im curious however that the IDF soilder who raises the rifle at her has a magazine in his gun that is painted red. i wonder if that signifies rubber bullets etc?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
She is obviously not from there, probably from America. She had no fear because she had no idea what things can be like in those places. As a total alien she probably felt protected, somehow. Then she had an adrenaline shock. That alone she will remember for the rest of her life.

As for soldiers, they are slaves. The only thing slaves can possess is their masters orders. It's as simple as that. They don't have conscience. They do as they're told. They don't need rationalization. They even need to be told who exactly the enemy is. They don't have their own ability to recognize enemy. That's why they called HQ. They would've killed her just like that if ordered to do so.

The language of the video is probably Korean.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This is what happens when the female spirit is more active in human affairs.

She is a brave woman and I can't praise her enough.

As for the soldiers, like all soldiers, they are brainwashed and disconnected from their humanity. Forgive them, for they know not what they do, as someone once said...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
RED usually means live BLUE means non leathal, at least that's how the US does it.

If that camera had not been there, she'd have been beaten and pulled by her hair to jail, and that is a FACT.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Convince me that the troops in the background are firing live ammo at those civilians. I really find that hard to believe. I'm pretty sure they are using bean bag bullets to disperse the crowd.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
That girl is amazing. You have to admire the spirit of an act like that, especially coming from a young girl.

Yes she does sound American, which makes me very proud.

And I wonder about the magazine with the red tape too. ( if they are live rounds or what) regardless if she knows or not.

A very brave, amazing, and inspiring act. I hope this video gets around.
star and flag.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I am sure she is an israeli woman.
There is no oher way she could hav done that.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It is amazing.

This young woman new exactly what she was doing. Give her the credit. There was no surpise but there was plenty of fear. She stood on principles and nonviolence. She stated her case to the enemy without threat. She would not be ignored. She was not running from the bullets in the soldiers gun. She was blocking his view, offering herself as the target!

She was also not screaming hatred or inciting violence. Contrast her act of protest to the opening with men jumping up and down chanting and hanging onto the barbed wire. Agressive and confrontational.

There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity and she definitely fell on the bravery side.

As for you soldier bashers... Bleh

The young men are also human beings with families, friends, feelings, parents, possibly ones that were killed by palestinian suicide bombers, or Hamas rockets. They were in the same moral quandry most of us would be in, and they unlike some of you, made a moral and human decision. Which disproves your theories of them being mindless barbaric killers.

All three of these people should be commended for doing something that their respective governments can't seem to accomplish. Simple HUMAN communication.

My First 2 cents

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join