It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Jews protest against Israel's action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Australian Jews protest against Israel's action

www.smh.com.au

MORE than 100 Australian Jews, including two award-winning novelists and a former federal cabinet minister, have signed a statement condemning Israel's siege of Gaza, heightening tensions within the local Jewish community over the violence.

The Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, meanwhile called yesterday for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza but refused to criticise the Israeli offensive.

Authors Linda Jaivin and Sara Dowse, the environment minister in the Whitlam government, Moss Cass, and the NSW Greens leader, Ian Cohen, are among 120 Australian Jews to accuse the Israeli Government of a "grossly disproportionate military assault on Gaza because it was Israel that violated the fragile truce on November 4, 2008".

Their statement has provoked a backlash from leaders of Australia's main Jewish groups, who argue that Israel is acting in self-defence.

The statement was co-ordinated, but not endorsed, by the group Independent Australian Jewish Voices. It is part of an international outcry from dissident Jewish groups, including J Street in the US an
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
No one with any regard for human rights supports the Israeli government in its war in Gaza. Jews around the world have begun to march for the end of the atrocities in Gaza.

Being Jewish does not make you a zionist and these righteous people do not buy the ever evolving excuses peddled by the Israelis and their supporters.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 073131p://pm3155 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dracula23

Never heard of this group but I defend their right to voice their opinions if they really said that. Nevertheless, they condemned the Israelis for 'disproportionality'.

Like I said, all decent human beings are objecting against the Palestinian mass killings

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That is NOT the topic. Stick to it please.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
people talk about disproportion of the isreali attackes but when I see disproportion, I think of two years of rockets landing in israel everyday. I dont see any other country doing different. There was no occupation of Gaza, Israel left. Instead of building an economy hamas wants to destory Israel.
Hamas had the choice to do a a cease fire but they opted for war. When you ask war, you get war. The fact that 75% of the death toll are hamas combatants, I think is an amazing victory for the preciseness of the Israeli airforce. Also take into account that hamas killed 40 fatah members this week in gaza and injured over 100.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is just a coy to prevent the in the west of sydney (slums) living muslims not to get nasty with the in the eastern suburbs (beaches) living jews. I've lived in both areas and know both sides very well. It's in Sydneys best intrest to do something about it before it all escalates. No matter how fake.

EDIT: I might have jumped to conclusions that this is taking place or has anything to do with Sydney. But I am sure you get my drift.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Benarius]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Many thought that Gaza and the West Bank were inseparable entities until Hamas’s bloody takeover of the Strip in the summer of 2007 damaged that notion. Their 18-month rule is marred by lawlessness, extra-judicial public killings and gang warfare that is more reminiscent of Somalia than a civilised state.

Time magazine reported on the violence that followed the takeover then: “Gangs have tossed enemies alive off 15-storey buildings, shot one another’s children and burst into hospitals to finish off wounded foes lying helplessly in bed.”

Additionally, on the first anniversary of Hamas’s takeover of the Gaza Strip, the Christian Science Monitor found a lack of medicines in hospitals as well as of clean drinking water in the territory, and raw sewage streaming into the sea. And this isn’t because Hamas’s dignity prevents it from meeting the enemy.

Hamas’s vast propaganda machine around the Arab world mysteriously fails to report on the meetings between its members and Israeli government representatives. For example, after a 90-minute meeting with an official from the Israeli state electricity company in order to sort out the town’s electricity needs, the Hamas-affiliated mayor of Qalqilya told the BBC about the meeting: “It was civil, without any problem between him and I.”

By any standards Hamas has failed miserably. It has failed in peace, failed in governance, and moreover failed in war. In addition to Hamas’s ambiguous political agenda, their goal seems to be resistance for the sake of resistance, a quagmire where the journey really is the destination. It is time for Hamas to step down and allow more competent leaders to emerge before he causes even more damage to thier cause.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Israelis, Hamas, Palestinians.

Those are three entities.
The opposition Hamas - Israelis is a competitive one.
Both Hamas and Israelis have absolutely no respect for Palestinians. They use each other as an excuse to eliminate Palestinians.

That is what is going on, and Palestinians are victims and nobody wants to help them. The whole world has gone mad.

Hamas is not same as Palestinians. Learn that for once.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Great thread mate......... Its good to see that people of Jewish religion arnt all sucked in by Zionism.

S+F!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
thanks masonwatcher, u did it again!

I believe that people of the jewish faith protesting this genocide are perhaps the most important people today.

It's imperative that their numbers grow

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is pathetic to the point of stupidity. Everyone except the most ignorant can see right through you masonwatcher, you are clearly, I hate to use this, an anti-Semite. Shall I tally up all the threads of constant propaganda you post? Would you like me and other members to constantly remind you of what savages your muslim people are? How about I post a thousand videos and articles of rape, torture, suicide bombings, and every single injustice that the extremist Muslims commit. But I wont! And you know why? Because an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

A star and a flag for you masonwatcher

not a one liner

take care all
res

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join