It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey holds suspicious Iran-Venezuela shipment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Turkey holds suspicious Iran-Venezuela shipment

news.yahoo.com

ANKARA, Turkey – Turkey was holding a suspicious shipment bound for Venezuela from Iran because it contained lab equipment capable of producing explosives, a customs official said Tuesday.

Suleyman Tosun, a customs official at the Mediterranean port of Mersin, said military experts were asked to examine the material, which was seized last month, and decide whether to let the shipment to go to Venezuela.

Authorities detected the equipment during a search of 22 containers labeled "tractor parts," Tosun said. They were brought to Mersin by trucks from neighboring Iran, he said. Turkey's Interior Ministry said an investigation was under way.

"Experts from Turkey's Atomic Institute determined there were no traces of radioactive material, but said the equipment was enough to set up an explosives lab," Tosun said. "We have asked the military to send experts to determine whether to resume the shipment."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Why try to hide the lab equipment by designating them as tractor parts? Is Iran trying to give Venezuela something? Explosives of some kind to try against the Great Satan, which would be place blame on Venezuela instead of Iran? Could it have been prepared to be used for nuclear weaponry? I will definitely keep my eye on this, especially related to this deception about explosives and tractor parts.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
you can buy equipment for making explosives ay wal-mart.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
So Iran has entered the arms dealing business, big deal. Is it a closed shop or what? Do you have to pass a test to deal in the international arms trade?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yeah but Chavez doesn't have in Walmarts in Venezuela.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

True, but they aren't labeled as tractor parts. Very interesting.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
So Iran has entered the arms dealing business, big deal. Is it a closed shop or what? Do you have to pass a test to deal in the international arms trade?

Well I for one don't really think hidden " Lab Equipment " is a smoking gun but it is good to find out that Iran is shipping stuff under false pretense.
Just goes to show that you have to keep an eye on them.

Good catch

[edit on 6-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swordbeast
reply to post by Harlequin

True, but they aren't labeled as tractor parts. Very interesting.

They do if you are making exploding tractors. Or nuclear powered ones, whichever.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
What is really in the Humanitarian Aid shipment the Iranians are sending to Gaza?
Food, medicine and what else falsely labeled?
I don't trust the Iranians.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
you can buy equipment for making explosives ay wal-mart.

If that is true..........

Why did Iran need to lie about what it was shipping?????

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
What is really in the Humanitarian Aid shipment the Iranians are sending to Gaza?
Food, medicine and what else falsely labeled?
I don't trust the Iranians.

At this stage, arming the Palestinians to the teeth would be the humanitarian thing to do. Haven't you seen the news. It's getting quite sadistic and sick.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Originally posted by masonwatcher
At this stage, arming the Palestinians to the teeth would be the humanitarian thing to do. Haven't you seen the news. It's getting quite sadistic and sick.

Sorry but your views are totally screwed up. Do you know what the word Humanitarian even means? By your view, continued killing would be a humanitarian thing to do. I can't agree with that at all. ALL KILLING is wrong regardless of who is doing it.
The Humanitarian thing to do is far all sides involved in this conflict to lay down all their weapons. But people like you that say "arm them to the teeth" would just continue the killing.

"Humanitarianism is an active belief in humanism (the idea of the value of human life) whereby humans practice benevolent treatment and provide assistance to other humans, in order to better humanity for both moral and logical reasons. It is the philosophical belief in movement toward the improvement of the human race in a variety of areas, used to describe a wide number of activities relating specifically to human welfare."

Sorry, I went totally off topic here. This thread is about the Iranian shipment being held by Turkey.

top topics

join