It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential AWB's, Sales surge, Price inflation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
We all know what it takes to cause a run on the bank (or gun shop) and those of us who watched this all happen in 1992 have seen it all before.

But what does it take to settle fears and bring the gun market back into balance?

When the AWB expired prices in free states steadily leveled after a quick "oh I can buy this again" run. A run which most manufacturers were ready for so supply vs. demand was never too out of whack. But in slave states the prices for "pre-ban" items remain high.

I cant tell you how ridiculous it is to see my neighbors to the South in MA paying up for less because of their slave state laws.

So how long into Obama's administration will this market be crazy like this? Will there ever be a point 2 or 3 years in if nothing is said about an AWB that prices will come back to Earth or is the mere fact that Obama is a (D) enough to sustain the horror of Clintons AWB and keep prices crazy?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think this will continue until he is out of office. Even if he openly stated there would be no renewal of the AWB, I doubt too many would trust him. I for one am getting sick of stores in my area being sold out of .45 and 9mm. I haven't bought any rifle ammo for awhile, but I assume it's even worse.

join