It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel censors the Media: What have they got to hide?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Israel censors the Media: What have they got to hide?

"Not the conduct of a democratic state"

A report on the restrictions faced by the Media on the reporting of Israeli actions inside the Gaza Strip.
What have Israel got to hide if what they are doing is what they SAY they are doing?

[edit on 6-1-2009 by setfree]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
They have got this to hide;

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
censoring the media or spinning it is Wrong

it upsets me because hiding the truth = covering up crimes
IMO

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
All countries censor the media during time of war. FDR was famous for his off the record comments to reporters, on everything from the new deal to war strategy. Amazingly, the press respecdted the government then, and withheld the information until FDR gave them the go ahead. Unfortunately, our press is not so repectful of thd President and his request.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well they could let them in but it would suck if they accidentally shot them live on tape not to mention look really bad for whoever missed their original target.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I believe that the Israeli's don't want any reporters to pull a Geraldo and subsequently reveal critical data to Hamas on live TV. Additionally, urban combat scenarios are very dangerous for soldiers let alone for the menacing reporters trying to get the scoop. Just one less thing for the soldiers to worry about. I think avoiding ambushes and booby traps should be a greater focus for the soldiers.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The Israeli government are nothing more than criminals. What they are doing in Gaza cannot be justified under any circumstances and it beggars belief that criminals like Olmert are still in power. The moral authority of Israeli & western governments now truly resides in the gutter.

All governments who use censorship have something to hide. The British government (New Labour are notorious for issuing gag orders or D-notices to the press or anyone else. They are simply used to cover up their crimes, which truly makes a mockery of any justice system, as they always seem to think they are above the law.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Sorry, but you don't know what the hell your talking about. Hamas was firing rockets into Israel, killing civilians daily. Israrel asked them to stop. They continued. Israel then demanded they stop. Can you tell me just what the hell they were supposed to do?
If some one is shooting at me, and I asked them to stop, then there won't bge any demands. I'll just open up an start shooting. I have the right to protect my home, and my familyl.
Israek us doing nothing liess.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Maybe when you have calmed down you should read these articles. Nothing is ever black & white, especially when it comes to criminals, the middle east and the war on terror.

www.wariscrime.com...

judicial-inc.biz...

www.larouchepub.com...

BY WAY OF DECEPTION
Israel pulls a fast one – and gets caught
www.antiwar.com...

www.haaretz.com...

Palestinians arrest al-Qaeda 'poseurs'
www.propagandamatrix.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I believe that the Israeli's don't want any reporters to pull a Geraldo and subsequently reveal critical data to Hamas on live TV. Additionally, urban combat scenarios are very dangerous for soldiers let alone for the menacing reporters trying to get the scoop. Just one less thing for the soldiers to worry about. I think avoiding ambushes and booby traps should be a greater focus for the soldiers.

I think the Palestinians already know what is happening in Gaza.

Hamas would be monitoring the Israelis the moment they send in the invasion forces.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

top topics

join