It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'As I ran I saw three of my children. All dead'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

'As I ran I saw three of my children. All dead'

www.guardian.co.uk

The small dead bodies were laid next to one another on the tiled floor of the morgue corridor, the blood drained from their cheeks. One had a bandage still wrapped around his head, another lay with his mouth half-open in his oversized, bloodstained clothes.

For a week the Samouni family had taken shelter in their small, single-storey home in Zeitoun, south-east of Gaza City, and there they survived wave after wave of Israeli bombing and artillery strikes. Then came Israel's ground offensive, the next phase in what Israel argues is a necessary and justified battle against the Palestinian militants firing rockets out of Gaza.

The Israeli prime minister, Ehud Olmert, promised an "iron fist" for Hamas and said he would treat the civilian citizens of Gaza with "silk gloves," though the Palestinians of Gaza know perhaps better than most that there are few silk gloves in war.

The Samouni family woke on Sunday morning to find themselves surrounded by camouflaged Israeli troops and dozens of tanks, who had set up a position in the rubble of what was once the large Jewish settlement of Netzarim. As dawn broke, the soldiers seized control of the highest buildings in the district and ordered several of the neighbours into the Samouni family home and there a dozen of them waited, without food and without water.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Of course we are going to hear the usual lament of 'terrible things happen in war' from the indifferent and the complicit.

Bad things happen in war that is why it is unacceptable!

Israel has no right to harm and kill civilians. Its actions are wholly its responsibilities. The excuse that Hamas fires homemade rockets at it does not hold water. It is within the psychology of a practised blackmailer that says that his actions are not his responsibilities.

If Israel wants to have Hamas stop firing the rockets, it should lift the blockade and stop killing Palestinians during cease fires.

The murder of children by Israel is Israel's fault and no one elses.

www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
When you ask war, you get war. The fact that 75% of the death toll are hamas combatants, I think is an amazing victory for the preciseness of the Israeli airforce. Also take into account that hamas killed 40 fatah members this week in gaza and injured over 100.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Western governments will always use terrorism as an excuse to justify the death of innocent civilians. Whether it's the Israeli government or Hamas, they are both as bad as each other and both sides are completely devoid of a moral compass. It's heart breaking to see innocent women & children caught up in all this, but what can you do, especially when the UN itself has done absolutely nothing to stop the genocide and suffering of the Palestinian people.

Why the UN is useless on Israel-Palestine.
ambassadoratlarge.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
OMG, where the hell is the international muscle going to stop this. I can't even write, because its through tears. Those poor babies. All the time, I hear from children who encounter death, the death of pet, someone they know, they don't want to die. They are horrified and terrified of death and pain and suffering. I would rather see the heads of all the leaders at my feet a thousand times over than once hear of one child suffering once due to the adults greed, oppression and power. And to that I add the children's beloved parents, and mothers. Shame on all of you. Tell the politicians to act quickly and exert whatever they can or they are so outta there, they are fired!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher

Of course we are going to hear the usual lament of 'terrible things happen in war' from the indifferent and the complicit.

Bad things happen in war that is why it is unacceptable!

Israel has no right to harm and kill civilians. Its actions are wholly its responsibilities. The excuse that Hamas fires homemade rockets at it does not hold water. It is within the psychology of a practised blackmailer that says that his actions are not his responsibilities.

If Israel wants to have Hamas stop firing the rockets, it should lift the blockade and stop killing Palestinians during cease fires.

The murder of children by Israel is Israel's fault and no one elses.

www.guardian.co.uk

SOOOOOOOO, if bad things happen at war is bunk, then of course, you deny that excuse for the Hamas attacks.

You deny that excuse for all the civilians murdered by Hamas in suicide bombing, rocket and mortar attacks.

If one side is wrong, both sides are wrong.

If one side is allowed, then” BOTH sides are allowed.

Sorry, there is no it is ok for Hamas to attack and wrong for Israel to counter attack.

The reason the blockade was imposed is strictly the fault of Hamas.

It was done to stop the suicide bombers who were intentionally targeting civilians.@@:

After the Hamas terrorists were denied access to Israel, the murdering of Hamas was brought down to a trickle.

Actually, the murdering of people is strictly a Hamas thing. Hamas's theme is women and children first, as to who they try to murder and remember, they proudly say this.

If the Hamas did not attack, then there would be no counter attack.

All the civilian deaths are completely on Hamas.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Just a question for you.

Did you post such a passionate reply when Hamas was sending sucide bombers into Israel, tergeting women and children???

Just asking.........

top topics

join