It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millom Woman describes what it's like to live in Gaza Hell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
www.nwemail.co.uk...

This is an interesting perspective of a Westerner living in Gaza at the moment.She has no axe to grind,last time i looked Millom was not a hot bed of Hamas support and the NW Evening Mail is a small local paper with no agenda .

Note how in the article she mentions how they were offered a way to leave six months ago which adds to the claim Operation Castlead was long in the making.

I'm not claiming who's right or wrong just passing on info

[edit on 6-1-2009 by candyfloss]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Tuesday, 06 January 2009
North West Evening Mail News
Millom woman describes the terror of living in Gaza with her family
Last updated 12:21, Tuesday, 06 January 2009

AMONG the hellish fire fight in the Middle East a Millom woman and her family are standing firm.

View more pictures...

BRAVE: Miriam Faris and husband Mohamed who live in Gaza CityThe conflict in Gaza has already cost more than 540 civilian lives since Israel began launching its latest wave of attacks – but Millom-born Miriam Faris, 52, is refusing to leave.

Despite having no power and a limited supply of food, the mother-of-two has vowed to stay in her property in the Gaza City district of Al-Rimal and protect her house and family shop from looters and thieves while the war rages around her.

Mrs Faris says bloody corpses line the streets as Israeli rockets rain down on the city’s 1.5m people. Her only contact with the outside world is with her mobile phone after her TV and computer stopped working during the conflict.

She described the moment

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I just read the article, and she is one of the few in a position, albeit short lived because her communication will be lost soon, to tell what is happening. Of course they're targeting civilians! I hope her family stays safe. I extend those sentiments to every other civilian in that area!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Thanks Mystique.Yes ,it must be absolutely horrible but you've got to admire her resolute will to stay with her family.The article says she is a relative of someone who works at the Mail and they are keeping in touch by mobile so there will be probably be updates.

All I can say is they make us tough in Cumbria,maybe it's our Viking genes but I will pass on any comments/sentiments via the Mail.Lets hope she comes out of this safely.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
She is a sitting duck.She needs to quit being so proud and get the heck out of there.If that was happening in my city I would be gone faster then you can say boo.
I hope she makes it out of this alive.
I think this is only the beginning so as I said if it were me I would have been gone awhile ago.When its life and death I can get another house and another job.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I admire this woman. She's got a lot of guts staying there. I would have stayed too. If you leave, where do you go? No job, no home, no way to support your family, just dumped somewhere else. She obviously loves her home and wants to protect it.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Very good perspective...

However, WTF Humans! - if your environment becomes f-'d up due to natural or man made disatsters - get the f out of there!!

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize some misguided sense of nationalistic fervor will lower your genetic fitness...

I don't mean to be unsympathetic - but the Earth's a big frikkin' place - go find an area that hasn't been all contamintaed with Raw Sewage and DU.

Sheesh!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well,I don't think we should judge her.When the chips are down do we know how we'd react?There could be alot more to this story than can be contained in a small article but when you think about it ,what she has doen is really valuable-she's given us unbiased eyewitness accounts of what it is like to live in the place that it seems the whole world is arguing about.

I can appreciate other posters sentiments however .Incidentally ,if this was a Millom lady living in Isreal I would still have posted the story as ,I'm sure many of you will agree it's hard to trust the media sometimes...

new topics

top topics

join