It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Angry Ohio boy, 4, shoots baby sitter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I would say then you should make an argument against cars because so few can be trusted to use them properly also.

If they issue is with the people who cannot be trusted who is to decide who should be trusted? In turn how can that individual be trusted to make that decision?

I own guns and have yet to kill or wound someone. I think it comes down to proper training around one personally. That along with showing respect for something that can take a life.

I stand by my original statement guns are not the problem people are. And in this case I would be willing to bet the child did not wield that gun.

Raist

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

This whole who we can trust with what and who decides it seems eerily familiar. I'm thinking Europe 1930 something. Yeah, that rings a bell.

Oh, I know. This time it'll be different. We learned from that last catastrophe. It's for your own good. Isnt safety worth it. And blah, blah, blah...

If the likelihood of it happening wasnt so high the foolishness of it all would be comical.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
But the gun nuts are always crying because they can't buy an UZI or a rocket launcher. They all cry because for some reason the government thinks they shouldn't be allowed too own a warhead. The 2nd amendment says a militia, like a National Guard, not the right too own automatic rocket launching bazooka warheads or what ever.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I stand by my original statement guns are not the problem people are.

You and I are in total agreement about what the problem is.

Its only the solution that we disagree about.
Training is fine for those that bother to get it. There are, to be sure, responsible gun owners.
You may be surprised, but I hate it when laws get passed that restrict everyone just because a few fools have done something stupid - especially when the consequences are relatively benign.
But, when the potential for harm is so serious, as it is with guns, then even I can't see any way to solve it other than very serious restrictions. Rules should account for circumstances. Guns make sense in rural settings where foxes and natural predators are an issue. They don't make sense in the city except to commit crimes with and kill people.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

So it is clear now your true motive for this thread was nothing more than to argue that gun “nuts” lovers all want to own weapons you see no sense in owning. Good, at least that is out in the open and clear now.

As for owning an Uzi really I don’t have a problem with someone owning one as long as they obtain a permit for it same goes with the rocket launcher. The rocket launcher is not like you can go down to the local store and get ammo for it. They could own one as long as they have a permit. I am not saying make the permit easy to get for weapons like that but why keep someone from owning one if they can get one. That would be like banning people from own a Ferrari because of the speeds it can reach. Just because it can be dangerous does not mean that person will be a danger, each person is an individual. One guy might take the Ferrari out and drive like a fool and kill others, when the other guy might not.

Maybe make sure they take a psychological test as well. Again with the rocket launcher they would have to order its ammo and could fill out paper work and test before each time. If they ever mess up one time in the paper work they lose their weapon and don’t get it back.

But really a normal guy owning such a weapon is no more different than allowing your government to be in charge of such weapons. Either people are bad or they are good. Really I trust my neighbors more than my government, and I rarely speak to any of them.

Raist

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Really guns have no place in the city?

What about the guy who owns a shot gun for protection from intruders?

Yeah we will disagree on that. If I live in the city I can always go out into the rural areas to shoot or to hunt. Banning them in the city is a bad idea.

Raist

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

If the kid wants a Salisbury Steak TV dinner, then you better damn well make him one!

Seriously though, using these freakish occurrences, the odds being in the millions to one range, as a rant against gun ownership will play right into your own (and everybody else's) destruction, believe it. Be careful what you rant against.

Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Not only is it somewhat fishy that the child could load aim and fire the weapon...but TWO teenagers stood by while the kid was doing this. Not once did it cross their minds to tackle and/or take the gun away from the child whether or not they thought it was loaded. This story is insane and we definitely don't have all the details.

On a side note....I am a daycare provider...wonder if I should outfit myself with a bulletproof vest..

Michelle

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Are we sure that this little boys name isn't really Stewie??

Sounds like a real mystery.

[

[edit on 7-1-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

How dare thou step on thy foot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join