It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zbigniew Brzezinski schools Joe Scarborough on Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

You may find it interesting that the co-host is actually Brzezinski's grand-daughter.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Mikeraphone]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeraphone

She's his daughter.

Regardless of their world view, I just love it when anyone schools Joe Scarborough. He's an ass.

There is a reason he's not a Congressman anymore and it's not pretty.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Zbigniew Brzezinski is a frightening fellow. His daughter, Mica, is an obnoxious twit. I don't know how Joe can stomach having to sit next to her every morning. Joe isn't my favorite person in the world, but some mornings I feel sorry for him.

I've watched that morning show a few times just for entertainment.

It's VERY obvious that Joe and Mica dont' like each other.

And it's very obvious that Mica thinks she's entitled.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
[edit on 6/1/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I think the proposal of 'proportional response' can be debated, esp. since Hamas does not abide by truces to begin with. Now that Hamas is being armed by Iran, these more sophisticated weapons they have are bound to cause increased Israeli fatalities.

War does not lend itself to 'proportional response'.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Good post, he really brings to light once again, this whole thing is never going to be solved by the two involved parties, but who will solve it? the other credibility of this guy is he was involved in this a long time ago, he knows a lot of the history as it evolved to where we are at this point.

This problem to me has no solution, as long as on either side there are radical extremists, purist or orthodox thinkers that no matter what will always believe their way of life, religion is the divine mandate and any other religion outside that particular idealogy is false or flawed and more importantly as long as the greatest countries on the planet continue to as it appears has happened the last eight years clearly taken sides no matter what and made it harder for anyone of any high order to make a statement condemning or speaking critical of anything that the side they have taken is doing no matter how flawed or unrealistic the military goals and objectives are long term instead of using the diplomatic options that to this point the U.S. has been non existant in assisting the process and guiding it from the place it is now, I completely agree with Mr. Brezinski.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I thought that the cohost was Zbig's daughter.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
By the way this is the guy that many people are saying is controlling Obama. Writing his speaches, telling him what to do and say, and obama will practically act as his puppet. Just thought I would throw that out there... not sure if it really is true, of course.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Mr. Brzezinski knows his material because he hasn't ignored or forgotten the history behind this subject. He isn't allowing current media bias to interfere, thus his information is not just based on today's media.

He remembers the previous developments and outcomes, this is an educated perspective. That is what makes a huge difference between "opinion" and knowledge. Looking at the facts over all, instead of falling into the propaganda trap put out by the media.

More individuals should take this lesson and learn from it, instead of parroting media.

That is the best way to deny ignorance, and defeat propaganda.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Amazing how the Bush administration can be blamed for the current crisis, as alleged by Brezinski. Bush asumed office on Jan. 20 and the Taba talks broke down on Jan. 27.

That's one powerful man, to accomplish that in his very first week in office! /sarcasm

It was Ehud Barak who broke off the talks. Then two weeks later Sharon won the Israeli PM election and we all know what happened after that.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeraphone

i found the body language at first to be intriguing...
both the host & co-hostess were markedly leaning to their right side,
i'd say perhaps 10 degrees.

but as the interview went on ...the hostess stayed straight up even as
Scarborough still leaned into (her) the co-hosts space
I'd say that was a measure of defiance, & standing one's ground...
the Dr. was always in an upright, erect position...
(even if his worldviews aren't) imho

entertainment value 6
newsworthy value 3

thanks for the link that i would have never watched if not for the fact that
it sounded that it might be important after all .... Not !

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Brez. hit the nail right on the head.

The Fact is: Israel backed by the US broke off negotiations that were getting close to final status agreement way back in 2000.. and they then refused to get back to them and they continue to do so now; instead routinly launching purges into Palestinian territories killing thousands and provoking responses that kill a few israelis and are mostly "harassment".

I also found it abserd that Scarbrough suggested we should all believe everything that is written in mainstream establishment controlled news magazines , even though the stuff about Arafat being offered everything he wanted was mostly in commentaries written by right wing commentators.

More things that he didn't mention:

1. Although Hamas is an "extremist group", the have made it clear that they would respect a permanent, or at least "20 year" cease fire with Israel if Israel would return to the 1967 borders, when Jimmy Carter visited recently they agreed to let Abbas negotiate a deal with Israel and put it up for national referendum (for the Palestinian people to vote on)-and if it passed-they would respect it and continue the hudna (ceasefire_ indefinently, although as a political/religious organization the would not 'recognize' Israel. (polls show large majority of Palestinians support a deal if it would just end the occupation and remove the settlers, so the referendum would almost certainly pass if they got back to a "geneva accords" type resolution) [search Geneva Accords] for more info]

2. Since the Oslo process started in 1991, Israel continues to confiscate land and migrate settlers into the west bank radically increasing there numbers and creating a grouse apartheid scheme never before seen in history.

3. The mainstream Israeli political parties Kadima(which is mostly former Likud members) and Likud are set on a course to enclose the entire Palestinian population in about 10% of the state(not including the Golan Heights) which was illegally annexed to Israel in 1981, with that it becomes even less.

4. The Israeli political system excludes Arab parties from joining any government which means that potentially 20% of the electorate has no power-exacerbating that countries undemocratic supremacist system; in addition Israel just banned ALL arab parties from taking part in the next election-accusing them of "not recognizing israel and inciting violence" -2 completely baseless charges-and the disqualification was instigated by racist right wing groups. The latter point is almost irrelevant because even if they do run-they can never have any political power because of the exclusion.

This country is no democracy-there fore the west has a moral responsibility to sanction it..no more aid and trade benefits with such an oppresive regime until it gets serious about ending the racist oppression and ending the occupation of Palestinian territory.

top topics

join