It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four lightly wounded as 50 Gaza rockets pound southern Israel

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by centurion1211

That hardly disputes my point that the only purpose of the hamas weapons is to kill innocent civilians. If hamas wants their independence, fight and defeat the Israeli army.

Give them F22s and tanks than they will fight israel on a battlefield.

Until than rockets and IEds will do.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by t0ken

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Harlequin

That hardly disputes my point that the only purpose of the hamas weapons is to kill innocent civilians. If hamas wants their independence, fight and defeat the Israeli army.

Give them F22s and tanks than they will fight israel on a battlefield.

Until than rockets and IEds will do.

Even in sims (based on reality) such as Age of Empires, you have to build resources and infrastructure to sustain a military before you can fight.

hamas and the palestinians seem to have skipped ahead straight to the fighting without building up their infrastructure. Which is why they are always losing and their people are always suffering.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by flymetothemoon
reply to post by CVTman

Actually i don't believe that you can give any right answer to that, if the case is to please everybody. How could there ever be a "right" answer, consider how much people "fight" here at ATS ? No, you come up with an answer that will please everyone here. What a challange

There are no right answers at present. Please answer one or the other question as you see fit, and don't worry about being right or wrong. I'll restate the questions:

Question 1

Hamas, what would Israel have to do, or cease doing, in order for you to agree to peace in the region?

Question 2

Israel, what would have to happen, or cease happening, for you to agree to peace in the region.

Pick one or the other, but answer.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by CVTman]

[edit on 6-1-2009 by CVTman]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CVTman

First. i said i'm not in a "team". Second i don't have an answer. You want to divide people in teams. Well, good luck then

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by flymetothemoon
reply to post by CVTman

First. i said i'm not in a "team". Second i don't have an answer. You want to divide people in teams. Well, good luck then

Mmm hmm. We have another contributor with no answer. I know someone can answer one of the questions. I hope this doesn't begin to resemble pulling teeth, because we don't have all day to solve this regional scuffle.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

did i say anything at all about disputing your point? i was saying that alot of there rockets are home made in a garage - one reason why they blow up

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There is some logic in what some folks repeat monotonously on this post...arthmetics:
If someone kills one of ours- Lord Race(Aryans/Zionists etc), the subhumans(Palestynians,Jews etc) will pay manyfold.
Whats interesting it works always...no mater what races or nations you put there...its only fire power that counts

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

I know, Hamas is a poor innocent group. They're just firing 50 rockets a day in to Israel. Not targeting the troops attacking them but civillians. They don't fire the rockets at troops or tanks, but at children. They don't fight against a man or woman in uniform but attack women at a grocery store. Before you say "Israel attacked them!" They've been doing this FOR YEARS! Sometimes its ten, some times its over a hundred, but Hamas has been doing this for as long as they've existed.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

before i put this in the non sense propaganda bin, please tell me you are attempting to use satire.

yeh, four lightly injured compared to how many mortally injured and how many killed????

so if you are up in arms about the four lightly injured, are you going to demonstrate with the same level of passion about the four israeli soldiers killed through the work of their own army?

even the mindless media (cnn) is starting to show snippets of truth on their special coverage section with jana wendgt. so please give this stuff a break!

[edit on 6/1/09 by 04326]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Pro Isreal people: Please make the distinction between Hamas supporters and Palestinians. They are not the same.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
reply to post by FlyersFan

For someone the US considers an ally, Israel could have warned us about the attacks before hand.

They did, as did others. Why do you think so few died? Each building of the WTC held over 10,000 people. But countries like China and Israel, when they got the warning pulled its people out. America? Bush was on vacation playing golf when the memos came. Bush was still on vacation when the warnings came true. We were given the warning as many others were. Only some of them weren't on vacation and pulled its people out, like China.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CVTman

For the Hamasters, after they get done doing the Hamasterdance after 9/11 attacks, all Israel has to do is not exist. All Jews, in the whole world, need to die. For Team Israel, Hamas needs to not exist. Not Palestinians, Hamas. Israel leaves the Palestinians alone in the West Bank, but not Hamas in Gaza. So, Hamas doesn't exist, Israel leaves Gaza alone like it leaves West Bank alone. Edit But Hamas won't stop. They've even called for the murder of all Jewish children in the world. www.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 7-1-2009 by GamerGal]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I have personally visited palestinian terratories in israel - jericho and bethlahem.

Israel care enough about the palestinian race to put up enormous walls around their city, have three entrances into the ENTIRE town, force them into a nearly 60% unemployment rate, etc. etc. etc.

I have pics to prove all of this. it's not hard to see people, open ur damn eyes here.

Deny ignorance. There is so much of it on this board it's pathetic.

If someone put a giant wall up around your city and didn't let anyone come or go...how long would it take all of you to go bat # insane and start fighting back? A few years til the food runs out? How are you going to grow crops with no land to grow on? How are you going to make an income when there are no supplies to make or sell anything? How will you get medical goods and supplies when you cannot leave your city to go get them?

Bethlahem is basically a suburb of jerusalem. Putting the wall around it caused business owners in jerusalem to fire all the palestinians - because security checks were too long and they had to apply for work visas (most of which were not granted) so there was no way these people could even make it to jobs in the first place. Most people in bethlahem, before the walls, commuted to jerusalem to work. not anymore. THEY CANT.

Really? Israel has done nothing wrong? REALLY? Are you people serious?

No. Israel is not the bad country people make it out to be. Yes - they do deserve every single bomb that gets shot at them until they revoke this whole "city state" bull# theory and practice.

City state? yeah. not working. RESEARCH IT.

Stop talking out of your asses people. YOU ARE NOT HELPING THE SITUATION BY STAYING BLIND.

I ask all the parents on this board - if your children are facing a life of certain poverty and nothingness - would you not fight with every ounce of strength to get them something better?

These palestinians have feelings and emotions as well. they are poor, starving, and have absolutely no other way to get their point across. when things are in cease fires does israel take down the walls and let them get jobs and give them land for crops? nope. Do they give them financial aid? Nope. Do they let them control their own electrical and power supplies? nope.

So then...how are they supposed to make a happy, prosperous, goal oriented society when they are LAND LOCKED with no options for improvement?

...and look at how much greener the grass is on the other side in their point of view. they can't even grow grass in these city states!

Until any of you pro israelis have jumped on a plain and gone to some of the city states to get the point of view of the palestinians - STOP POSTING. seriously. just stop.

And yes - I was 100% pro israeli before I went to the city states. Those people are jailed except they have buildings instead of cells. THEY STRUGGLE like third world african nations struggle (and I would now, because I have spent extensive time doing humanitarian work in Uganda and Rwanda as well).

Wake up. We all have the power to make a change with this issue. The implications are massive if we do not.

Want a holy war to start? I don't. Israel does.

You think the other muslim nations don't know exactly what is happening in the city states? You are crazy then. And you think they are going to sit back and let it keep happening? Not a snowballs chance in hell. They will act. They will stand up. And while israel gets all the aid from the countries that can actually spare some help...the muslim countries get a bad rep and still struggle BAD.

Israel brilliantly pulled many strings. 9/11 made people hate muslims all around the world. You can't control any of that. But you can control opening your eyes to FACTS.

Israel is KILLING OFF palestinians and making it so they CANNOT access israel. Now just ask yourself why they would do that? Because it's all about the religious right to own old city jerusalem...? think about it.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Is is true that Hamas in Gaza isn't playing by the rules. When Israel is trying to defend itself, most of the world complains about Israel. There are reports of Israel doing it's best of destorying the rocket attacks from Gaza.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Oh gah, this is horrible, but great! www.thereligionofpeace.com...

An orthodox Jewish classroom after a heavy hit from Hamas rockets. Devout Muslims consistently support the right of Islamic

Those "poor" Muslims, notice how many times they attack OTHER Muslims.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by GamerGal]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Meh... if Israel is going to continue on with all these bombings and Americans are going to keep supporting Israel. We might as well just like Israel nuke Palestine and I bet you that people will become happier very fast after the war with media propaganda.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thought you were being sarcastic by posting this non story.?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

It's the agenda.If Israel is the bully of the mid east then United States controls the region without getting in to the fight so it can look like it's supporting freedom, passion and compasion.They just have to supply Israel with free weapons.Israel then drops bombs on woman and children and call it casualties of the war, as in collateral damage.Hamas fires rockets and then the few wounded and killed Israelis are called victims.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by pepsi78]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join