It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four lightly wounded as 50 Gaza rockets pound southern Israel

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Originally posted by Waldy

The only reason Hamas exists is because Israel opression of the Palestinian people.

But don't count on that happening because that would mean the unthinkable;...Hamas giving up their power and control. Not going to happen.

Palestinians chose them to be their leaders.

Hamas have recently stepped in.For decades fatah were in power and the palestinians still got massacred by israelis? So who do you blame for that?

Fatah, hamas or islamic jihad,israel is gona pound palestinians regardless.

Israel doesn't want peace, it wants to make life unliveable for palestinians so that they give up the the little land they have left.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
this is imperialism that's all

it's a modern day's equivalent of settler colonialism

instead of europeans giving natives alcohol, killing them and raping them
it's now like bombing the hell out of them and mass genocide

advocates of genocide should be ashamed of themselves
all they do is mention Hamas this and Hamas that
they speaking nothing of what has been happening for the last few decades and more and more and more palestinians losing their land

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Where's the one with the Israeli goverment Mossad agents dancing? Or was that conveniently left out?

For someone the US considers an ally, Israel could have warned us about the attacks before hand.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
this is imperialism that's all

it's a modern day's equivalent of settler colonialism

instead of europeans giving natives alcohol, killing them and raping them
it's now like bombing the hell out of them and mass genocide

advocates of genocide should be ashamed of themselves
all they do is mention Hamas this and Hamas that
they speaking nothing of what has been happening for the last few decades and more and more and more palestinians losing their land

So you want to ignore the attempted genocide by Hamas on Israeli CIVILLIANS????

So YOU ONLY WANT TO LOOK AT THE RESPONCE TO Hamas ATTACKS????

That sure seems completely one sided.

If you want to know why something happens, look at the cause.

Cause, the Hamas suicide bombers.
Effect, Israel closed the border and it stopped the Hamas suicide bombers.

Cause, Hamas attacks with rockets and mortars for well over a month.
Effect, they get counter attacked.

Perhaps if they tried living in peace instead of continuing to attack, there would be peace.

Remember, there can be no peace until "BOTH" sides stop.

There can be no, well, we will ignore what Hamas does and concentrate on the counter attacks, pfff.

Either both sides stop, completely, no well, no nothing.
OR
Both sides continue at war and they both want it that way and don't feel sorry for either side.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Dear god, what is wrong with people in this thread?

I don't even know where to start!!!

Hamas is not a saint, everyone knows this
But do you even know what is going on in Gaza???????

Civilians are resorting to eating grass
Even U.S. Congressman Ron Paul said it's like a concentration camp
stick them all in one place and bomb the hell out of them
and you defend those people?

Easy solution. Let Hamas put down their weapons and agree to live with their neighbors like civilized people. Let their leaders with one voice rise up and declare the abhorrence to violence as a mean to resolve conflict. Let them turn over their weapons and preach peace instead of hate.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
If you want to know why something happens, look at the cause.

the CAUSE is Zionism!

that is the cause, YOU should look at the cause

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by t0ken

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by centurion1211

actually tthe rockets are very home made - anyone following a pattern could make them in a garage.

there not really technical

Yeh its just a round metal tube with powder in it.That's why israel gets soo frustrated because their hi-tech gear can't stop pringle tubes hitting their cities.

I'm not meaning this question as a joke. But honest. How come that so many people who are not there, knows everything about all the weapons, the range ect. I'm asking cause, thank God, i don't make weapons in my garage

[edit on 6-1-2009 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Easy solution. Let Hamas put down their weapons and agree to live with their neighbors like civilized people. Let their leaders with one voice rise up and declare the abhorrence to violence as a mean to resolve conflict. Let them turn over their weapons and preach peace instead of hate.

How about they stop trying to steal their lands first?
this is blowback my friend.
Civilized people don't try to steal your land for the last I don't know how many years.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

How about they stop trying to steal their lands first?
this is blowback my friend.
Civilized people don't try to steal your land for the last I don't know how many years.

Just more excuses for Hamas' continued acts of violence.
I think you are forgetting that Israel had already given up Gaza. It was not occupied, but that did not stop Hamas from continuing to fire weapons into Israel.
Maybe your confusing Gaza with the West Bank with is still occupied.

Blowback? I guess it is. But in this case it is Hamas that is reaping the Whirlwind!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have 2 questions. One for the Hamas fans, and one for Israeli fans. Please try to play fair, and don't break any rules! So heeeee-eeeere we GO!

Let the Gaza Super ATS Nitro Mega-Brawl Extravaganza begin (again)!

Question 1 is directed at Team Hamas. (Incidentally, may I call you Hamasters? And if so, when you get bombed, do you do the Hamasterdance?)

What would Israel have to do, or cease doing, in order for you to agree to peace in the region?

And question 2 is directed towards Team Israel.

What would have to happen, or cease happening, for there to be peace in the region.

Please play fair, and obey the rules. Ready, set GOOOOO!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CVTman

Wrong argumantation. There is no Hamas fan here and there is very few Isreal fan. No one is a team here also. As I can speak from my view, there are some people who are horrified by the bloody violence in the name of religion, ethnicity, power and money. Right now this is what Israel does. If tomorrow something or someone else do the same, my reaction will be again same. Some things do not have excuses and do not has a justification. If you call this as being Hamas fan, reductio ad absurdum you did.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by commodore64]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

It was not occupied, but that did not stop Hamas from continuing to fire weapons into Israel.

Hamas stuck to the ceasefire but israel didn't.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by commodore64
reply to post by CVTman

Wrong argumantation. There is no Hamas fan here and there is very few Isreal fan. No one is a team here also. As I can speak from my view, there are some people who are horrified by the bloody violence in the name of religion, ethnicity, power and money. Right now this is what Israel does. If tomorrow something or someone else do the same, my reaction will be again same. Some things do not have excuses and do not has a justification. If you call this as being Hamas fan, reductio ad absurdum you did.

Mmm hmm. Please answer the question.

What would Israel have to do, or cease doing, in order for you to agree to peace in the region?

[edit on 6-1-2009 by CVTman]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CVTman

Firstly, this question directed from you to "Hamas Team" not to me

Secondly, I can say what they shouldnt do, and it is very clear. About what they should do, first I have to examine the inner conflict more detailed, and come with concrete answers. If someone else knows more shall come forward.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CVTman

Is this a soccer game ? You're the judge then. May i guess. US.

Edit to add : sorry, it was morbid reaction of all this mess.
I'm not in a team. On my own

[edit on 6-1-2009 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by flymetothemoon
reply to post by CVTman

Is this a soccer game ? You're the judge then. May i guess. US.

The questions are simple. There isn't a judge. Pick one question or the other, and provide your answer.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by centurion1211

actually tthe rockets are very home made - anyone following a pattern could make them in a garage.

there not really technical

That hardly disputes my point that the only purpose of the hamas weapons is to kill innocent civilians. If hamas wants their independence, fight and defeat the Israeli army.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by t0ken

I think both Israel & Hamas were counting on each other to break the ceasefire. They both used the ceasefire as an opportunity to gear up for more conflict. Israel made an incursion into Gaza to destroy a tunnel and Hamas responded on November 19 by firing Dozens of Qassam rockets & mortor rounds.

Israels incursion into Gaza was not to steal land, although it no doubt provided an excuse for Hamas to do what it already planning all along.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Just more excuses for Hamas' continued acts of violence.
I think you are forgetting that Israel had already given up Gaza. It was not occupied, but that did not stop Hamas from continuing to fire weapons into Israel.
Maybe your confusing Gaza with the West Bank with is still occupied.

Blowback? I guess it is. But in this case it is Hamas that is reaping the Whirlwind!

so many decades of being a victim of imperialism is hardly an "excuse"
Israel will never give up Gaza

and I never once defended Hamas, I was only talking about civilians in Gaza
Hamas is still alive and many civilians are dead

Tell me something, if they want to kill hamas why wno't they let civilians out?
they starve them? What does that have to do with hamas?
Israel gave up on Gaza..... doesn't look like it buddy.

secondly comparing Hamas's weapons to the might of Israel is foolhardy
it's like the U.S. considering Iran as a mighty enemy lol
oh wait, isn't Iran blockaded as well????

hmmmm... coincidence?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CVTman

Actually i don't believe that you can give any right answer to that, if the case is to please everybody. How could there ever be a "right" answer, consider how much people "fight" here at ATS ? No, you come up with an answer that will please everyone here. What a challange

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join