It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four lightly wounded as 50 Gaza rockets pound southern Israel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The notion that there are no bad guys in this fight is sand-pounding dumb. What's obvious here is that Hamas isn't good for the people of Gaza. What concessions does Hamas want? Total withdrawal by Israel from Gaza? O wait, Israel already did that. Does Hamas seize the opportunity to build a new airport, to help secure the domestic product of Gaza, to help unemployment? No, just more missiles. The #1 export from Gaza is missiles.

Israel is doing itself and the people of Gaza a favor by sorting out these ruffians.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

If you voted for Republicans? No. If you voted for the Labour party? No. If you vote for the people who's only goal in life is too kill children and women and babies who then use your house too fire rockets to kill said children, women, and babies, yes. if you dance in the streets when said terrorists blow up a school bus, yes. Guilt by association. Or in America, a guy kills someone, you loan him your car to transport the body, you are also arrested for the same murder.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Captain Obvious

in this `war` there are neither good not bad `guys` just 2 sides against each other using whatever means it has; hamas throwing unguided rockets and israel dropping bombs , neither are whiter than white - israel bomb schools and so does hamas - both sides are asshats.

neither side wants peace or this would have been dealt with decades ago.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Neither side wants peace? Is that why Israel has been too the peace table countless times? Is that why they gave up land they won in a war the enemy started when they didn't have to? Is that why they give warnings, and tell Hamas too stop or else? Israel has peace with the West Bank. The West Bank isn't controlled by Hamas. Same Palestinians, no Hamas.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

that seems a false dichotomy to me.
shared responsibility is shared responsibility, either you are responsible for the actions of those you elect or you do not share the responsibility. i fail to see the obvious difference you suggest. perhaps you might be so good as to explain to me where it exists.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

be careful your bias is showing through - all the people of the region want is for israel to abide by its 2002 aggreement and honour the 1967 border - the same border which israeli school children arn`t even taught about and yet they haven`t honoured the aggreement they made

and as for `peace table` BOTH sides have walked , ney , run away from that enough times over the last 20 years.

don`t try and paint Israel as the poor done-by country when they are not.

Both sides are to blame in this - history since the 1920`s show that.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Another Dead End Thread!!!

Give me a break suckers.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Republicans didn't run on the base that they will exterminate the Jews. Labour Party doesn't run on a base that they will exterminate the Jews. Hamas did, there for you vote for them, you are responsible.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by Harlequin

Israel has peace with the West Bank. The West Bank isn't controlled by Hamas. Same Palestinians, no Hamas.

Excellent point! this is not a war against Palestinians as all the hand wringing anti Israel liberals would have you believe! This is a war against a terrorist organization that has just happened to be voted into office. Peace is ENTIRELY up to Hamas.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

oh, right, so if either the republican party or the labour party ran on a policy which you are violently in disagreement with, you are a legitimate target?

and you still haven't clarifed your statement regarding the legitimacy of proximity targeting.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

If the Republicans ran on the sole foundation of say, the extermination of Canadians, and you voted for them. You are responsible when the GOP Bombs Toronto. If Canada targets a GOP Senator who runs and hides behind your house, you take him in and hide him in your basement, and your house is blown up, you are responsible. That's what democracy is about. You vote them in too represent you. What they do represents you. From the movie Thank You For Smoking... "When you look like an ahole you make me look like an ahole."

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

okay, i feel i understand your point of view, you feel that everyone in gaza, man, woman and child, is a legitimate target because hamas is in power there. thats okay, you have every right to your opinion.

now, explain to me why everyone in isreal isn't a legitimate target considering that everyone must, by law, serve in the military at some point.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

okay, i feel i understand your point of view, you feel that everyone in gaza, man, woman and child, is a legitimate target because hamas is in power there. thats okay, you have every right to your opinion.

now, explain to me why everyone in isreal isn't a legitimate target considering that everyone must, by law, serve in the military at some point.

Only the ones who support Hamas. Which sadly is the majority of them. If they didn't allow Hamas too launch rockets from their houses and schools Israel wouldn't bomb them. If the Palestinians in Gaza acted like the ones in the West Bank there would be no reason too attack Hamas.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

oh right, i stand corrected, so how can you tell who supports hamas and who doesn't?

do you believe that hamas only fire rockets from the houses of their supporters after recieving permission from the people living near by?

[edit on 6/1/09 by pieman]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yes Hamas sucks, sing another tune. Most on this board are aware that Hamas are terrorists. Your next point please. Preferably explaining why people living in Gaza should die because of it. Even if they voted for terrorists, that is not against the Geneva convention or a good reason to die. And I dont wanna get a straw man reply or rhetoric please.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Oh no, I don't. If the people didn't want Hamas too do it they should throw them out. But the majority do support Hamas so the minority is stuck with the consequences of the majority. Like gays suffering because the majority voted against their rights too marry. Although over here you can file petitions, go to the courts, and vote the next time around. Over there... you are executed by Hamas if you disagree with them.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
post by GamerGal

Only the ones who support Hamas. Which sadly is the majority of them. If they didn't allow Hamas too launch rockets from their houses and schools Israel wouldn't bomb them. If the Palestinians in Gaza acted like the ones in the West Bank there would be no reason too attack Hamas.

The Palestinians and Hamas are acting like "zombies" with their religion. They wouldn't care whois in their way, they only care about killing Israel. Israel *is only* defending their rights to live in a peace with themselves, Hamas and Palestinians should not keep on fighting this endless war. Israel has the right to defend themselves from ANY attacks from Gaza.

(Hugs to you GamerGal)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

hang on, i'm getting confused. enough of the double talk, can you explain to me, with as few contradictions as possible, under what circumstances you believe civilians to be a legitimate military target.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

If you voted for Hamas, support them, dance in the streets when they attack, you are responsible for your actions. No doubletalk in my posts, you just don't like the truth of democracy. If I voted a person in to office and they act badly, I look bad because I voted them to represent me. If you vote Hamas in to kill Jews, and they do, and then you hide them in your house when Israel goes after them you are responsible for you actions. Instead of supporting Hamas, protecting them, throw them out and Israel has no need to bomb your house because you don't have three Hamas members firing rockets from it.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You've just gone and said that Hamas execute anyone who doesn't agree with them, who wouldn't vote for them?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join