It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four lightly wounded as 50 Gaza rockets pound southern Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Four lightly wounded as 50 Gaza rockets pound southern Israel

www.haaretz.com

Gaza militants shot 50 rockets into Israel on Sunday, a day after Israel launched a ground offensive in the Gaza Strip aimed at stemming the cross-border rocket fire.

Two rockets struck the Eshkol region, leaving two people lightly wounded.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ifcj.org

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I know, Hamas is a poor innocent group. They're just firing 50 rockets a day in to Israel. Not targeting the troops attacking them but civillians. They don't fire the rockets at troops or tanks, but at children. They don't fight against a man or woman in uniform but attack women at a grocery store. Before you say "Israel attacked them!" They've been doing this FOR YEARS! Sometimes its ten, some times its over a hundred, but Hamas has been doing this for as long as they've existed.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
And here they are targeting kinderkids!
www.jpost.com...

On Monday afternoon, a Grad-type rocket slammed into an empty kindergarten in Ashdod. No one was wounded in the attack, though massive damage was caused to the building, and thirteen people were treated for shock.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

you crack me up
two people sligtly wounded

where Israel has killed and not just wounded,
funny how you condem them for attacking a Kindergarden when Israel has bombed 4 schools already

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
you crack me up

You crack me up
two people slightly wounded ... because HAMAS MISSED THEIR TARGETS.
The targets - kill civilians.

funny how you condem them for attacking a Kindergarden when Israel has bombed 4 schools already

Funny how you FAIL to comdem HAMAS for attacking a Kindergarden.
Funny how you FAIL to admit that HAMAS uses schools as military staging areas and therefore HAMAS makes their schools legitimate targets.
Funny how you FAIL to admit that Israel DOES NOT.

backatchya

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

actuily i seem to recall that i have said Hamas arent saints
and they are also responsible in some other topics, but what the hell.
i will buy what your saying

BIG UP ISRAEL,
for killing the terrorist palestinian scum

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hamas are firing indiscriminately and killing nobody. Israel is firing selectively and killing civillians.

This somehow seems around the wrong way

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

Israel targets Hamas. Hamas hides in schools, mosques, and busy streets. Hamas blows themselves up and kills their own more then Israel does. www.uruknet.info...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Hamas are not targeting anything specific, apart from territory currently occupied by Israel.

These rockets are not guided, you don't fire them off at a specific target with pin-point accuracy, unlike the highly sophisticated munitions that Israel uses to target civilian structures and, in some cases, civilians trying to flee from the bombs.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Israel targets hamas,

but they use indiscrimiate weapons that kills anyone,
you condoning the Use of indiscrimate weapons like cluster bombs in civilian and heavily populated areas?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

ALL weapons kill any one. A gun doesn't care if you're a kid, man or woman, or old. A bomb doesn't care if you're a Palestinian, Hamas terrorist, or Israeli civillian. But the people firing them care. Hamas fires at civillians, Israel fires at Hamas. Unfortunately Hamas are a bunch of cowards and hide in schools and mosques.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Of the 500 dead palestinians reported so far there are 100 children. Israel have no morals, they just want the land. They are just destroying as much of the palestinian infrastructure as they can and dont care at all who and what is in the way.

This is not war, this is annihilation and the world is just watching silently. Its crazy!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
What was the point of posting this? To me it seem like an anti-israel bias because after 50 rockets Hamas still "failed" at achieving their goal. God. If those rockets are so damn ineffective, why even bother?

And slightly wounded. What does that mean? A bruise? a cut?

If you ask me, this reminds me of Dumb and Dumber.

Mary throws a little snow, meanwhile harry floors her with a huge clump.

Israel has been planning this conflict for months. They were just waiting for a pretext.

My heart goes out to all the people that have died, all victims of governmental manipulation.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
What's with the canned reply about saying they hide in mosques? I never said they don't.

And those silly Palastinians, that wasn't an Israeli bomb, a big truck of dirty terrorist weapons exploded and killed those silly untrained foolish terrorists. And then they went and died at the walls of Baghdad.

Ever heard of propaganda? This stinker sounds like it came right out of the Jewish Defense League.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

The kids die because Hamas holds them up in front of themselves as shields. Kids die because Hamas duck and cover behind school kids. Kids die because Hamas shoot them. Israeli children die because Hamas targets them. Also, not even Egypt wants the land what makes you think Israel wants them?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

you havent answerd my question
properly

i will make it clear for you

A gun is pointed at someone and the person who pulls the trigger knows who he is shooting

A guided missile is fired at a Target and that target alone

A indiscriminate weapon is used to kill and destroy anything in its path
what makes Israel any diffrent then any Terrorist when it like hamas targets civilians.

so i ask you again do you condone the use of Indiscrimiate weapons like cluster bombs which kills and destroys anything in its path,

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Israel is targeting Hamas. It isn't their fault that Hamas hides behind children. It isn't their fault Hamas uses schools and mosques as firing points for their rockets. if Hamas had any testicular fortitude they'd face the IDF on the battlefield instead of grabbing babies and holding them up as shields.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

you crack me up

Ah...so you're saying the 50 recent rockets didnt intend to kill anyone? That they didnt mean to do much harm?

Or is it more likely that they lack skill?

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

It does underscore the lack of lethality and skill if you wish in way. Since nobody died, this story could have easily been fabricated.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Bl0rg]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
You're using emotive language about kids being used as shields, do you even know they do that, have you seen them? It's very easy for the Americans to say that terrorists do all sorts of terrible things to justify killing them.

Basically terrorists use guerilla tactics which are very effective against large forces. To combat this, large forces have to use unethical means in combat, such as bombing in civillian areas, they justify these unethical means by painting their enemies as more unethical than they are. And basically lie (gasp)

America did this wonderfully in Iraq, and the exact same methods are being used by the Israelis. Why do people assume that the guys with the big shiny jets and tanks are automatically the good guys, and the poor guys with the rpgs are "terrorists"? People should think about the word terror, I bet everyone in Gaza is terrified. So what does that make the IDF? And what does it make the 99% of Jews who are supporting this? Sure Hamas are evil stinking generic cardboard bad guy terrorists, but at least there's only a few of em, not an entire country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join