It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed to conduct UK 2011 census

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Some time ago I came across an article with an e-petition on the UK Green Party's website.
The petition was a formal one, the sentences and structure were already there - just had to add name to the petition list.

Just seems very odd to me that the company chosen to conduct the census was chosen 4 (or more ) years in advance and that this is unheard of. Why are no other companies up for the job?
Surely theres money to be made doing this - I mean no one would take on a job this size for little or no profit.
Who were the contenders?

Some time later (JULY 2008) I received a reply from Downing St, London :
" You signed a petition asking the Prime Minister to "stop the involvement of
arms company Lockheed Martin in the 2011 Census for England and Wales,
Northern Ireland and Scotland, because this company's history of working in
American military intelligence will undermine public confidence in the
Census process."

The Prime Minister's Office has responded to that petition and you can view
it here:

www.pm.gov.uk...

Prime Minister's Office

Petition information - petitions.pm.gov.uk... "

Sorry if this subject has been posted before but I felt that I needed to get this out there, plus the ATS search, once again doesn't work.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
What job?

What is the petition against?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by matsplat

Paul Martin's government sold ours to Lockheed in 2006...it was illegal NOT to participate and many people are still pending charges over this...many of us just continued to dodge them...and the rest, they get when you send your kids to school...the form they want you to fill out for your census, is the same form that is used to "track" school census...coincidence?? Hmmm...

Anyhow...just sharing that Canada had hers sold out from us a few years back...this does not surprize me that it continues...just that it's continuing overseas...

Peace...xoxo

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_uk
What job?
Lockheed Martin has been awarded the contract to run/conduct the 2011 Census.
The terms mean that the Data handling is supposed to be subcontracted to a UK/European company /companies (as Lockheed is US!)

What is the petition against?

Lockheed Martin being awarded the contract to run the 2011 Census!

have a look at :www.greenparty.org.uk...

And for info on Lockheed Martin - Just browse around the ATS site / or even just go straight to the 'Skunkworks' section (which is perhaps where I should have placed this post)

One worry already is that the US Patriot Act would mean personal data on everyone in the UK would be made available to American intelligence services.

My questions: Why couldn't a UK company have got the 'Job' of running the census?
Just seems fishy.
Hope that answers ur questions damien

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thanks, the link wouldnt work earlier.

I thinks thats a bit dodgy, why not just handle the data yourself? It has to be cheaper to create a department than too out source the contract.

It doesnt make sense to me, but then it is labour running the country!

top topics

join