It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel hits 2 UN schools in Gaza

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DantesLost

Exactly, just indiscriminate killing... makes you sick.
both sides need to sort this out soon....

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amberite
There is no "occupation" because Israel was lawfully given to the Jews by the UN.

It was never the UN's to give.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

You would think Hamas would just stop launching attacks from schools. But, since they know morons will think it looks like Israel is just attacking a school for no reason, I guess there is no reason for Hamas to stop using schools as shelters to make attacks. Hard to believe there are morons that believe Hamas is innocent and not doing this. There really aren't people that stupid, are there?? Neah.....

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Amberite

Amen, this is exactly correct. It truly shows how low Hamas is, they are the lowest of bottom feeders and their tactics are from Hell.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rizen

Actually, My God says that is Israel's land.....so, it is. Bottom line, it's not pally land, nor will it be pally land for much longer, thank goodness. I'll take what God says about that property with more weight than any human has to say about it. It's Israel's land, it's Israel. All of it, period. It's really amazing how restrained Israel has been all these years. The problem is, God commanded those people should have been wiped out a very long time ago, yet Israel failed to do as they were told. Now, they pay the price for that.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by JanusFIN

according to some here

schools = Bomb making factories and there for are justified

i wont mention who said that.

Those Kidz are Future terrorists and education is Bad

Yes cause every kid in Gaza is a future terrorist

You ignorant racist

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I only have one word to say regarding this matter: Typical!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

There is no "occupation" because Israel was lawfully given to the Jews by the UN.

It was never the UN's to give.

Actually, it was. During the dissolution of the Ottoman empire, the territories they controlled were made into international territory and then divided among several countries, Britain and France included. This didn't happen just in the middle east, but elsewhere as well. Only difference is that the "Palestinians" were the only ones to reject it and refused to cooperate or even negotiate. They wanted the entire land to themselves even though they never had a claim to it to begin with.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Amberite]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DantesLost
Amberite

Actually,some British politicians started it after they well and truly shafted the Arabs.The land was promised to them if they helped defeat the Ottoman Empire,which they did.These British politicians then went back on all their promises.

Really? Because the actual history is the exact opposite. From History of Palestine (Wikipedia)

Under the Sykes–Picot Agreement of 1916, it was envisioned that most of Palestine, when freed from Ottoman control, would become an international zone not under direct French or British colonial control. Shortly thereafter, British foreign minister Arthur Balfour issued the controversial Balfour Declaration of 1917, which promised to establish a Jewish state in Palestine in exchange for the Jewish financial support to the British in their war against Ottomans and Germans.

As I said, it looks like you have the entire situation backwards.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Amberite

Why would the Palestinians want to negotiate? What if the latino population decided to form a new country within the US supported by the UN. If you were an american would you allow this?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

You can't trust anything that comes out of the Iraninan propaganda. Those sources are of Iranian origin.

Like Mike Singh said in his thread, they like to lie, and make stuff up using theor propaganda machine.

Those blood stains look more like ketchup. Where's the body? WHERE?

So why isn't the rest of the classroom in rubble? WHY? Use common sense, people!

It's fake I tell you. FAKE!

Anyone can pour ketchup on a classroom and say "Booohooo my son got killed in the classrommm boohoo!"

The Iranians LIKE to lie!

[edit on 6-1-2009 by SkepticalSpectacle]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Let us not ignore the truth among ourselves...politically we are the aggressors and they defend themselves...The country is theirs,because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down, and in their view we want to take away from them their country. .
David Ben Gurion, quoted on pp 91-2 of Chomsky's Fateful Triangle, which appears in Simha Flapan's "Zionism and the Palestinians pp 141-2 citing a 1938 speech.

Taken from a local thread...

Proof israel knew they were TAKING someone else's land, but have such good brainwashing public schools that now israel was "a land with no people for a people with no land".

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSpectacle

You can't trust anything that comes out of the Iraninan propaganda. Those sources are of Iranian origin.

Like Mike Singh said in his thread, they like to lie, and make stuff up using theor propaganda machine.

Those blood stains look more like ketchup.

So why isn't the rest of the classroom in rubble?

It's fake I tell you. FAKE!

the picture may be but that point is moot, even the israelis admit to boming schools and universities where FAMILIES were taking refuge. Defend that.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
You all need to realize that civilians always suffer in war. Does that mean that it's right or fair? No, but it is what it is, a war.

In a war, the safety of civilians is the primary responsibility of the respective states.

Israel's civilian population is being attacked by the Palestinians through rocket barrage. Israel has responded by attacking and later occupying Gaza. Israel is acting to protect its civilian populace.

Hamas is not acting to defend or protect its civilians. Instead they continue to attack Israel and they continue to threaten and posture. They are not acting to protect their civilians.

Now we hear that, "Israel bombed schools". Yes, OK, why?

Israel says that Hamas has been launching rockets from the grounds of the schools.

If that is true then the schools have been made targets by Hamas. It is the responsibility of Hamas, as the elected political power, to protect its civilians and by avoiding conflict in areas where civilians have taken refuge.

What we are seeing is that Hamas, as a terror organization, has no concern for the welfare of innocent civilians, even its own.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticalSpectacle

I have tried staying out of these threads, but I must reply to your comment. It'll be short and sweet.

Your name says quite enough, not much need for me to try and educate you to the reality of this situation, you are an admitted "spectacle"....

I couldn't say it better myself.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

I doubt they 'knew' that anything at all was being stored or used at the school. If they sent soldiers in, then they would have an argument.

I doubt that the Israeli care at all about opinion, especially the opinion of goyim. Since they are superior to the goy.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Let us consider for a moment this is true, which I have no doubt that it is. One only need look at maps of the territory beginning pre-1945 and at 15 year intervals between then and now to see this is the case.

"Let us not ignore the truth among ourselves...politically we are the aggressors and they defend themselves...The country is theirs,because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down, and in their view we want to take away from them their country. .

David Ben Gurion, quoted on pp 91-2 of Chomsky's Fateful Triangle, which appears in Simha Flapan's "Zionism and the Palestinians pp 141-2 citing a 1938 speech."

What then, does that implicate about Hamas' involvement in all of this? First of all, it would be considered a high war crime to employ such a tactic. That being: To simply bomb civilians purposefully in order to persuade those same civilians to simply hand over your enemy, rather than go in and do the work necessary to root out the enemy yourself.

Even the United States is not this bold, and we are pretty damned bold. At least Bush went to lengths to falsify his reasons to go to war. He tried to create legitimate reasons. Israel is openly breaking the law.

Secondly, it appears that Israel's primary objective is NOT removing their threat (as I've explained above). They are giving Hamas the chance to exist after the blood-shed. IMO, anyone that cannot see this scheme is willingly blind. Funny that all of this stuff is hitting the fan now that Hamas is elected as leadership. As if this stuff hasn't gone on previous by perpetrators OTHER THAN Hamas.

I wonder if this is Joe Biden's "international incident"... I wonder if Israel is creating this war to "test the mettle of this guy"... After all, they will want to know where he stands on this issue. He being, Senator and President Elect Barack HUSSEIN Obama.

I am THIS CLOSE (closes fingers very close together) to siding with JanusFin when he/she said that Hamas was an Israeli creation... And by proxi, an American creation.

This entire thing is fabricated and its intentions are to divide us... By us, I mean ALL of us. Regardless of nation of origin. This is a very serious issue and we need tread lightly and investigate much.

Edit to add: Before some undereducated fool tries to tell me that Hamas is openly breaking the law, you must consider their technology vs. Israeli SUPERIORITY. It is a question of capability vs. certainty... It is certain that Israel can take out anything in what is left of Palestine RIGHT NOW if they wanted to.. Very easily... However, Hamas is trying to inflict damage as much as they can to counter-balance this fact.

It is hard for me to hold an underpriviledged nation to the same moral threshhold I stand by when I am bombing their children.
No different than NAFTA, but in reverse. In the case of NAFTA, yeah, it is GREAT for the Mexican Government, because they are bringing in US industry, but #ty for the US workers who are now out-worked by the Mexican Laborers who are able to do more for less due to a lower standard of living...
People should consider things like this, I feel.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I keep reading that Hamas uses the civilians as shields and they fire rockets from schools and masques. But I have yet to see any evidence of this, someone show me some proof and not just relying on hear say.

And why doesn't Israel let reporters into Gaza? Are the afraid of what we might see what they are doing? If they have nothing to hide then let them in.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DantesLost
Amberite

Actually,some British politicians started it after they well and truly shafted the Arabs.The land was promised to them if they helped defeat the Ottoman Empire,which they did.These British politicians then went back on all their promises.

Really? Because the actual history is the exact opposite. From History of Palestine (Wikipedia)

Under the Sykes–Picot Agreement of 1916, it was envisioned that most of Palestine, when freed from Ottoman control, would become an international zone not under direct French or British colonial control. Shortly thereafter, British foreign minister Arthur Balfour issued the controversial Balfour Declaration of 1917, which promised to establish a Jewish state in Palestine in exchange for the Jewish financial support to the British in their war against Ottomans and Germans.

As I said, it looks like you have the entire situation backwards.

With Africa and Asia long since claimed by the other Great Powers, above all Great Britain, German policy set out to develop a special economic sphere in the imperial provinces of the debt-ridden Ottoman Empire. The policy was termed “penetration pacifique” an economic dependency which would be sealed with German military advisors and equipment. Initially, the policy was not greeted with joy in Paris, St. Petersburg or London, but it was tolerated. Deutsche Bank even sought, unsuccessfully, to enlist City of London financial backing for the keystone of the Ottoman expansion policy—the Berlin-to-Baghdad railway project, a project of enormous scale and complexity that would link the interior of Anatolia and Mesopotamia (today Iraq) to Germany. What Berlin and Deutsche Bank did not say was that they had secured subsurface mineral rights, including for oil along the path of the railway, and that their geologists had discovered petroleum in Mosul, Kirkuk and Basra.

The conversion of the British Navy under Churchill to oil from coal meant a high risk strategy as England had abundant coal but no then-known oil. It secured a major concession from the Shah of Persia in the early 1900’s. The Baghdad rail link was increasingly seen in London as a threat to precisely this oil security. The British response to the growing German disruption of the European balance of power after the 1890’s was to carefully craft a series of public and secret alliances with France and with Russia—former rivals—to encircle Germany. As well, she deployed a series of less public intrigues to disrupt the Balkans and encourage a revolt against the Ottoman Sultan via the Young Turks that severely weakened the prospects for the German Drang nach Osten. The dynamic of the rise of German assertiveness, including in addition to the Baghdad rail, the decision in 1900 to build a modern navy over two decades that could rival England’s, set the stage for the outbreak of a war in August 1914 whose real significance was a colossal and tragic struggle for who would succeed the ebbing power of the British Empire. The resolution of that epic struggle was to take a second world war and another quarter century before the victor was undeniably established. The role of oil in the events leading to war in 1914 is too little appreciated. When the historical process behind the war is examined from this light a quite different picture emerges. The British Empire in the decades following 1873 and the American Century hegemony in the decades following approximately 1973 have more in common than is generally appreciated.

GBR/USA have been in this since the late 1800's and have messed the entire Mideast up. The Arabs fought with Lawrence of Arabia to take positions for the British from the Turks. For their trouble they lost Palestine by being overrun by Jews.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join