It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel hits 2 UN schools in Gaza

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by fox_3000au

Good sign. Being confused is much better than to accept directly the given discourse to you through the education and mainstream media. This will prevent being really relly biased, even blind to the naked cruelty.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by commodore64]

[edit on 6-1-2009 by commodore64]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Looks like someone "farted in a foxhole" ...
yet another gaza thread has appeared.

Good to see you equating women and children being bombed as a "fart in a fox hole."

Reality check -

Reality check? Who's reality, yours? Simply saying "reality check" as a reply to other posters isn't going to make your argument any more valid.

It's highly doubtful that school was going on during an intense war situation.

Classes were not being taught, but the school was being used as a shelter for civilians. Whenever there is a major disaster here in the states, where do civilians go to for shelter? That's right, schools and churches.

As for the schools being used as 'shelters' according to Al Jazeera - they have NO CREDIBILITY.

Why? Because they're not a conservative right wing news agency? Because they're foreign? Because they have an Arabic name?

None. They have proven themselves to be a crock.

Care to share this "proof"?

Even if it was being used as a shelter, they were also used as military staging grounds and therefore it's HAMAS' fault if anyone was hurt in the school.

Can you show us your sources that says this UN school was used as a Hamas staging ground for an attack?

[edit on Tue Jan 6th 2009 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fox_3000au

We all have our own wars. I havent turn my back in past, if some fight has occurred in front of me... But I dont feel this is mine.

I could go any moment to Gaza with observing, press, or humanistic reasons and task, but with arms? No --- I can only learn my self from what they do.

I think those guys, in both sides are veterans... I would only be in their way, in both sides. You need common language and values for going successful firefight.

"My enemy is my friend" - Its all about respect.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What happened? Was this school targeted for weapons manufacture/firing site? An accident? What caused Israel to kill so many in this school?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by commodore64

I think Al Jazeera has never been so famous before... They are only channel sending NON STOP news from Gaza... Its just high traffic.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Hamas doesn't hide behind civilians, they're forced into the same cage as civilians. When Israel blocks off all means of an exit, where can the civilians run to? Israel has surrounded the Gazan city with their military ensuring that everything they bomb is located in the center of their blockade, including women and children.

[edit on Tue Jan 6th 2009 by DJMessiah]

You're kidding right?

Why would Israel "blocks off all means of an exit, where can the civilians run to?"

It would have been best for those people not too harbour/tollerate any form of militia in their region in the first place, as all would understand the consequences of such actions.

If you poke a lion with a spear you have too expect the outcome.

Fox.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

It doesn't matter if there were stockpiles of weaponry in the school, Israel destroying or targeting the school would play right into Hama's hand. I don't care if Hamas set it up for HQ or kept nuclear weapons in there, Israel had no right to blow up that school. It would look really bad in the public.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

(comment retracted, deemed by myself as instigating argument. Sorry.)

Fox.

[edit on 6/1/09 by fox_3000au]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
What happened? Was this school targeted for weapons manufacture/firing site? An accident? What caused Israel to kill so many in this school?

Nasty shock, eh? You see now how terrible and sadistic the Israeli state is? Most antizionists went through this stage at one time. Isn't it mind boggling to think a so called democratic country would systematically target schools? This is fourth or fifth school destroyed. The UN school has also been hit now and was being used as a shelter by several hundred locals. I hope the body count is not too high.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by fox_3000au

It would have been best for those people not too harbour/tollerate any form of militia in their region in the first place, as all would understand the consequences of such actions.

Fox.

Yep, same argument can be applied anything happened in history. Jewish people shouldnt poke the lion called Germany, Armenian shouldnt poke the lion called Ottoman Empire, muslim civilization shouldnt poke lion called european and cause crusades in 11. Century etc.. you argument can be applied to any massacre in the course of history.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by fox_3000au
You're kidding right?

Why would Israel "blocks off all means of an exit, where can the civilians run to?"

It's their military strategy. They confine all people - women and children civilians, militia, into a single area and then bomb everything in that area.

Look at their invasion into Lebanon. What did they bomb first? The airports and bridges - the only means of escaping the town.

Like I stated earlier, if Hamas didn't exist, who would defend the Palestinians from Israel's border expansion? Hamas is defending them the wrong way, but still it's the only defense they have.

You poke the lion when the lion comes to your home and intends to kill your family.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Yes it's horrific. Even though I do think Israel had the right to end attacks from Gaza, attacking a school is not on. I just heard that Israeli troops were shot at from the school, even then you'd think the Israelis could have done something different. Madness, an ethno religious conflict blowing up again.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Granted, but people do not learn from history apparently.

This world will never be the Utopia that people want it too be, but then again there are better things too fight for and better reasons that make it 'just'.

Peace comes at a cost, and apparently, that cost is the lives of the others that share this Earth.

In the name of religion, all people are soldiers, though they do not all bare arms directley, they are the righteous, and shall follow the lord.

If I could shed a tear for this failure of human kind, I would.

Fox.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

No, they were not shot at from the UN school. It was a shelter with UN staff present. I have heard two excuses from the woman officer and the South African bloke spokesman.

Israeli soldiers are not near the school. The damage was from artillery fire. The soldiers are attacking the farms in the north. Tanks are moving in and driving parallel to the ghetto walls.

[edit on 123131p://pm3131 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Looks like someone "farted in a foxhole" ...
yet another gaza thread has appeared.

Ya because farting in a foxhole equals bombing a few schools full of people....?

Cmon Flyers i know your smarter than that!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Feel sad for the people caught up in this. Not fair. All these people getting killed. Some support this side and some support that side. If it wasn't for European racism/ethno religious conflict then the world would be better right now. European Nazi and Tsar actions caused creation (through complete community desperation) of Israel; it's time for all 'sides' to realise Israel and the Arabs didn't cause this, they are the after effect of European anti Jewish actions.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

You poke the lion when the lion comes to your home and intends to kill your family.

The lion shouldn't have been poked in the first place, sticks and stones never bring down a gunship, both sides have brought their children up as to being self-rightous in their own beliefs, neither will be responsible for their actions.

They will both claim victory 'till the cows come home.

Fox.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Sht! It seems that people are so indoctrinated. The pro and anti jewish, the few western muslims on ATS and the rest of a mixed bag. Everyone is so idealistic. I'm not jewish, although I grew up in one of the most jewish cities outside Israel. It was all the "jews" who taught me (a punk goth # anarchist!) how to hate the conservative jewish politic. I am far from ignorant. I am not a christian. I am a free thinker. I am (in theory) the typical white western ATS member.
What I don't get is why people are so opinianated.
War is war. The jews have a great and noble (albeit in my eyes fanatical) opinion.
WAR IS WAR. It's simple. I've travelled. I worked out yrs ago that people are generally good, regarldless of mixed opinions, the average hindu, muslim, christian, or even fkn space brother don't really give a MOOSE for the people that control (or try to control) the sh#t that makes ALL human look like caring individuals.
Israel is making sense in the bombing of GAZA! Shocking but true. Unfortunately it DOES NOT MAKE SENSE because good humans don't KILL.
Lets not use WW2 or any other BS to justify what is going on now.
IT IS A DISCRACE, BECAUSE THE VICTIMS ARE INNOCENT.
A drunken post..........
Anyone who tries to DENY the innocence of for example a Palistian mum with a bunch of kids.........IS A MONSTER.
We know thru history since 1949 that Israel is a tribe trying to reside in a place that the bible says they OWN.
They DON'T.
The people that live there own it, and unfortunately right now, I have to say............
THEY ARE BOMBED! They hurt! They are real. They are not fanatics...............
It's just BS!
IDF are so well trained and equiped. They could take militants out if that was the agenda.
Why they choose the current plan?
Perhaps because the HUMANIST element that I've felt everywhere I have been (and pointed out to me by numerous IDF buddies) is NOT exacly what is going on.
This is a # fight about stuff that is way beyond most people, regardless of race, religion........etc.
It's an example of how sad we have all become.........
It's really sad,
BTW. I am a white aussi living in one of the most controversial Islam VS buddhist places on earth..............and I thought buddhist were "peacefull".

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by serpentine

"I am a white aussi living in one of the most controversial Islam VS buddhist places on earth..............and I thought buddhist were "peacefull".

and I thought buddhist were "peacefull".

Did you encounter unexpected violence?

I don't understand the purpose of your post.

Fox.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join