It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel hits 2 UN schools in Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
First off Israel should not be bombing schools from the air, thats just wrong. It is guaranteed that families will be seeking shelter in there.

Second, and this in the most shocking. The Israeli Prime minister has just been on channel 4 and said basically "How many israei children do you see being injured, you see lots of palestinian children being hurt. But we look after our children"

Thats sick, they are bombing them and killing there kids and then saying its there own fault.

And Al jazeera is biased against Israel, just like some western news agencies are biased againt Hamas. But Id never watch al jazeera after they shown the beheadings of UK citizens.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_uk
But Id never watch al jazeera after they shown the beheadings of UK citizens.

...except it turned out they didn't.

The following correction was printed in the Corrections and clarifications column, Wednesday November 30 2005

Contrary to what we said in the leader below about al-Jazeera, the channel has not shown videos of "masked terrorists beheading western hostages". No actual beheading has been shown on al-Jazeera.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
uncofirmed report israel airforce has dropped 2 x 2000lb bombs on a hosptial

edit:

on a randonm satellite ME news channel - with no source quoted so take it with a pinch of salt at this time

[edit on 6/1/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Auts! - Lets hope that is only rumor!

Just heard that 11 schools is changed to shelters, and 5000 people are as refugees in those. UN is investigating latest school attacks - they have already gave cordinates to all those schools, and seem like great war crime has taken place there now... Source; Al Jazeera Report from Gaza.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

First off Israel should not be bombing schools from the air, thats just wrong. It is guaranteed that families will be seeking shelter in there.

Second, and this in the most shocking. The Israeli Prime minister has just been on channel 4 and said basically "How many israei children do you see being injured, you see lots of palestinian children being hurt. But we look after our children"

Thats sick, they are bombing them and killing there kids and then saying its there own fault.

And Al jazeera is biased against Israel, just like some western news agencies are biased againt Hamas. But Id never watch al jazeera after they shown the beheadings of UK citizens.

I saw that too, and I immediately thought "lets see how well you do at protecting your kids when your heavily populated urban areas are shelled indiscriminately from land, sea and air!"

They're bombing schools, UN locations, and possibly now hospitals. How on gaia's green Earth are they supposed to protect their kids from that?

Israel is nation out of control and has to be stopped. Clearly their leader has no real grasp of what his military is doing.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

This have to bee provokation. I mean, whole operation. No other way...

Problem + Reaction + Solution

Hamas is a Creation of Mossad

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

They are running everything to the edge, forcing maybe Syria and Iran to react... Then they achieved what is their real aim: Wide war against Arabs with USA.

No other explanation to this massacre... Schools, police stations, government buildings, Hospitals, ports... All in line of sight. Without any sign of possible truce!

This is high scale provocation to get some countrys to attack Israel.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

I saw that too, and I immediately thought "lets see how well you do at protecting your kids when your heavily populated urban areas are shelled indiscriminately from land, sea and air!"

They're bombing schools, UN locations, and possibly now hospitals. How on gaia's green Earth are they supposed to protect their kids from that?

Israel is nation out of control and has to be stopped. Clearly their leader has no real grasp of what his military is doing.

I wouldn't worry about it too much because if it turns out that what is happening is accurate Israel won't have much time left in their little revenge plot.

It's one thing to take out suspected area's of "terrorists/terrorism" however I doubt they took out a hospital because if they did, they would immediately be told to pull back and cease operations or else. If they didn't they would be forced to pull back their troops and I won't speculate whom would do the dirty deed but I can think of several that would have no problem helping to put this to an end.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I got a question about that picture you posted in opening thread.

If the school was bombed, how come are the desks still in a neat organized row with only a blood spot in the middle?

The title of the thread doesn't match the pic.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

The video was encouraging in that the people are now publicly calling on the Arab world to come to their aid. If the Arab leaders would pressure Hamas to stop their terrorist tactics, the innocents would be released from their suffering.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

I wish I had such faith.

America and Britain will ignore the facts and focus on things that can be excused away or manipulated.

There will never be a reason to take action to stop Israel. They can do whatever they like in that region and all that will happen is every other nation will do what their people demand to the point of words, just short of any real action.

Just look at the UN, the neutered, well paid, meeting obsessed UN. They're having meetings to "discuss" the situation. Even though they all know what is happening is horrendous and completely insane, they still insist on having meetings. It's buying time and trying to at least appear to be doing something to placate their own people and nothing more.

This current action goes far beyond irrational and insane, and yet all nations can do is make statements about how terrible it is and that there should be a ceasefire.
The first thing we should be doing is shutting down Israeli Embassies, expelling their representatives with the message that they are not welcome on our soil while their government is ignoring international law.

Then we need to force the UN to act, what it was designed for. We need a statement from the UN that if Israel doesn't cease all military attack in Gaza by a specific deadline, there will be a sanctions against their nation.
Nations should refuse communications with Israel and only do so through the UN until this is over.

I'm angry that my country is doing nothing but making critical statements about this. It's not good enough.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

The video was encouraging in that the people are now publicly calling on the Arab world to come to their aid. If the Arab leaders would pressure Hamas to stop their terrorist tactics, the innocents would be released from their suffering.

Indeed, but how do Israel now expect to prevent terrorism committed by the orphans and relatives of the many hundreds they've killed?

All they've done is created another generation of terrorists.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by vox2442

There is no discussion possible with those Israelites in here, they just attack, and gives hard accusations as their bombs, then retreat from scene... Some kind of "Shock and Awe" tactics, I think.

They are not here to educate them self, but just supporting their madness, agenda.

The madness I observe is Hamas breaking truces by firing rockets, then hiding among civilians.

Bad mental illnes is huge western problem, and growing.

I believe Finland is part of the West, no? You should be careful about such insults to people that have a different point of view than yourself.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Indeed, but how do Israel now expect to prevent terrorism committed by the orphans and relatives of the many hundreds they've killed?

All they've done is created another generation of terrorists.

And let's hope this next generation drives Hamas into the sea. Then living in peace with their neighbors will be possible.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

For me the interview just show how little those people have to do with in this mess... They are not aware why they are being bombed... They dont know nothing about politics. That just highlight how civilians they really are.

About picture, it seems more like that some body is drawn to there. Of course woundeds are drawn out from ruins... Nobody is denying that strike didnt take place. UN is investigating that strike, murder.

It was Israeli air attack, not artillery strike like first news told us, by Israeli newspaper, quoting UN officials:

Israeli jets hit UN school in Gaza

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Funny, the madness I see is Israel killing innocent civilians, targeting schools, places of worship, places innocent people will be sheltering with their families.

Yes, Hamas are idiots and need to be stopped. But taking out an entire population to do it is a war crime.

No matter about Human Rights, International Law, Geneva Convention. It's Israel, they don't count right? They have a free pass to do whatever they like and it's justified in the name of defense.

Ridiculous.

If Russia acted in this way, . . . Oh, wait.

I guess it all depends on your allies and where your money is invested. As long as they are an ally, they can do what they want in their own neighbors back yard.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS!

DEATH TOLL IN ISRAELI STRIKE AT U.N. SCHOOL IN GAZA RISES

Source: Reuters DEATH TOLL IN ISRAELI STRIKE AT U.N. SCHOOL IN GAZA RISES TO AT LEAST 40 -- MEDICAL SOURCES

www.alertnet.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Funny, the madness I see is Israel killing innocent civilians, targeting schools, places of worship, places innocent people will be sheltering with their families.

Well that says one thing: two people can look at an issue and see two different things.

Yes, Hamas are idiots and need to be stopped. But taking out an entire population to do it is a war crime.

That is not Israel's intention, and you know it. If Hamas would not hide like cowards among the innocents, then casualties would be lowered.

Hopefully the ground offensive will wipe them out or drive them from power.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Full-blown tragedy in Gaza: Red Cross

The international Red Cross says the Gaza Strip is now in a "full-blown" humanitarian crisis, as Israeli forces push deeper into the area.

www.presstv.ir...

[edit on 6-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

What I know is that Israel are killing hundreds of people. Women and kids are among them. Israel has no excuse, terrorists using them as shields or not.

In a hostage situation, you don't kill the hostages to kill the terrorist.

And you know it.

But I guess you'll keep trying to defend Israel until the end, there's no point really discussing it with you because you have made your position perfectly clear, and no matter how much blood is spilled you'll continue to say it's acceptable to "beat the terrorist".

Never mind that they are creating a thousand more terrorists. A fact which not one pro-Israel poster has yet acknowledged as far as I can see.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I think you had better tone down your sarcasm and insults.

There is a thread telling AtS members to cool it, so please try to discuss the issue without getting personal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join