It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

his presidential kindness obama the generous

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Obama's call for change is hollow.........ex. 1 . his appointments like Timothy geithner and Larry sommers and Robert Rubin

Larry summers was one of the biggest chearleaders to repeall Glass-seagall act (which was enacted during depression to help regulate the amount of leverage banks could take on) Another FOX IN THE HENHOUSE!

Traitor to the public intrests, both of them (summers and Rubin) pushed to make sure the whole derivatives house of cards would not be regulated either.

Rubin's former employee's include Paulson and Geithner as well, there is no changing of the guard, and this time to ensure wall street's assets the stimulus will be bigger than those under bush. Obama will do the best he can to convince us he cares about us, while feeding wall street, he is just one man playing his role in a system rigged for the elite. Lets just hope that the foreigners buying are debt are as corrupt and (not acting in the intrests of the citizens of their country's) so as to keep financing america's credit as our deficit soars above a trillion. A big key will be ....does our dollar survive..."all the stimulus plans" as the world reserve currency ...........

Instead of OBAMA cracking down on Financial system looters and fox in the henhouse regulators, he is trying to guarantee the financial sector's assets, which are several times larger than America's economy. And he is throwing in some tax brakes to keep the social unrest down and BTW alot of that money may go to the banks via mortgage payments anyhow.

But how painful and hopeless may it be to admit that Obama was another B.S politician , even if his speeches tugged at our heart strings, and he could at least speak in public without stuttering like a bumbling idiot (GWB).

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Sadly that is the problem I see with the stimulus to the economy by Obama, its doesn't address any of the real root issues.

Right now the way it is is nothing than a lot of talks and nothing but more borrowing.

You are right on one thing this is for the fat rats in wall street pockets nothing but debt for the tax payer, but its tag "for the people and the economy with some bread crumbs on more tax cuts" to keep the populace from roting.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Irrelevant.

Obama will be new FDR and his administration and FED will just create Greater Depression.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander

Obama's proposal to stimulate the economy includes tax cuts of up to $300 billion — including $500 for most individuals and $1,000 for couples if one spouse is employed

This is not going to help and another rescue package will follow. The comedy will continue and before Obama's first term is over, They the People will have pocketed $700 billion.

Gee, I didn't know that Obama would agree with me and make corrective measures that fast. Here we go . . .

President-elect Barack Obama confirmed to CNBC Thursday that he plans to lay out a roughly $775 billion economic stimulus plan but indicated that the amount could grow once it gets taken up by Congress.

"We've seen ranges from $800 (billion) to $1.3 trillion," he said in an exclusive interview with CNBC's chief Washington correspondent John Harwood. "And our attitude was that given the legislative process, if we start towards the low end of that, we'll see how it develops."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Here you have it, folks. What did I tell you? We are getting the $700 billion bailout back. The beauty of it is that we are getting all that cash back even though the US Government has never collected it in the first place -- it obviously could not. That's what I call the true American Dream.

I know, forum, that you start to object pointing to the huge federal deficit, but that's not where the cash reserved for the nice bailout of The People will come from:

Noting that the Congressional Budget Office had just estimated he would inherit a $1.2 trillion federal deficit for fiscal 2009, Obama promised to cut unnecessary spending.

Barack Obama truly is Archangel Michael in disguise sent by God to personally rescue the Great Nation. I only hope that God wore his glasses when summoning the divine savior, for the devil is the master of all tricksters.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

My source will tell you better,

President-elect Barack Obama braced the American people on Tuesday for what could be an extremely rough road ahead economically. After meeting with a group of economic advisors in Washington, Obama warned that $1 trillion deficits could last for years to come.

So actually is bound to keep growing even after congress review fr years to come

What will that do to the nation? this what experts tells. . .

Indeed, current projects show the government already running a $408 billion shortfall for the first three months of fiscal year 2009. That means the budget deficit for the current fiscal year will likely shatter last year’s record of $455 billion. That is without the cost of the projected $800 billion stimulus package proposed by the Obama administration.

Some experts are predicting that this fiscal year’s deficit will be in the range of $1.4 trillion to $2 trillion. The former would represent 10 percent of the entire U.S. economy, decimating the previous record of six percent of gross domestic product in 1983.

So yes we are just piling more debt on top of more debt with no end on side for years to come.

But America doesn't have years to come our economy is dying.

With huge revenue shortfalls caused by increased unemployment, and less corporate and business taxes coupled with increased government spending on social programs and huge stimulus bills, budget deficits are likely to continue to skyrocket.

So what is the real plan of the new Administration? I tell you they are going to finish selling America to one very rich entities that hide behind the Rich Arabs world, they are the ones that will be finacing our debt.

Running a huge deficit will require the U.S. to borrow more money to function, mainly from foreign governments like China and Japan. This further makes America beholden to our foreign creditors and arms those nations with the money that they in turn use to buy the nation’s companies off one-by-one

STill the "experts" are not mentioning the Arabs nations because this still in the planning stages because China for one is becoming stagnated as Americans are not spending as much.

Japan is having their own problems with the fall of the US economy and their bond paper.

Perhaps the most worrisome factor for economists is the fact that huge budget deficits combined with unfunded social obligations such as Medicare and Social Security could eventually bankrupt the nation.

And that is going to be the result of all that expending.

I can not wait to see that huge economic recovery.

www.economyincrisis.org...

www.nytimes.com...

At the end Obama is still trying to figure out how and who is going to help finance the money for the bail out.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
PE Obama giving speech now...."Only the Government can...." and he has repeated the refrain several times. Is this to condition us to be dependent upon the government? Whatever happened to "...We Can!"?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hey all,

I would just like to point out a small detail that may have been overlooked when we start talking about "Tax relief" and the reduction of taxes to business.

Firstly, I am a small business owner, so I have a particular insight to how taxes affect the small business. Secondly, I am an employer, so I see first hand the rude groping the federal and local governments apply to the average working person in their day to day cash flow.

Within a business, taxes are paid on "PROFIT". No profit equals no taxes. So a reduction from zero to zero isn't really going to do squat for any small business that is barely keeping afloat, or in a position of loss. Secondly, a business pays a percentage of overhead for each employee. Contributions to your social security, unemployment insurance etc are made on your behalf in addition to the amounts you see deducted from your paycheque.

These amounts are equal or greater to your deducted amount, but still do not contribute significantly to a business' ability to "float". Small business accounts for about 80% of all jobs in Canada, I think it's closer to 75% in the USA.

For the uninformed, profit is the amount generated beyond the cost of operating your business. If your a smart business person you will use that potential profit to increase your ability to remain competitive by advertising, improving your business or expanding your business. If you are not a smart business you will just pay tax on that money and collect the dividend. You get nothing in return for your tax money. (from a business perspective) You do get something in return when you "grow" your business.

In my younger years, I worked for an international bearing company. The bearings were manufactured in Japan, and "sold" to the local company (branch) Where they were resold to distributors etc. What Japan would do, is watch the sales very closely, and raise the price of the bearing at the manufacturing level to compensate for any potential profit. They would ensure that no more than 2% (ish) tax was ever paid on their sales. (and were talking BIG bucks here in sales) This is common in that industry.

Back to my original point, taxes are paid on profit, no profit = no tax. a 500$ or 1000$ return will do very little when stretched over an entire year for an individual or couple.

No I would like to point out that I do not run an American business, I am in Canada where things might be a little different. I don't suspect that things are all that different though as I deal with many American companies.

Thanks for reading.
..Ex

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

Thanks for sharing the "secret," but we all know that taxes are paid from profit. But what is less known is the fact that the US government is all too lenient toward all the schemes that enable the small businesses to underreport their earnings. The small real estate businesses are the prime example of the nonsensical attitude in a different way: An owner of a building that has a retail store in it hikes up the the rent talking a "market value." The owner of the retail store would like to pass the increase in rent on the consumer, but after doing the math, the owner finds out that hiking up his prices would make his store noncompetitive, and so he closes the store. That store maybe closed for a year due to a high rent. The owner of the building doesn't care much about the empty store, because he can "write it off from taxes." Normally, you go down with the rent until someone finds it acceptable, and a new business is created. But the government makes it too easy for the real estate folks to maintain the fictitious market value by allowing them to report a due-to-a-greed non-operating business venture as a loss.

I would like to know how much the greed on the part of the small businesses contributes to the overall economic malaise. Don't tell me that the Wall St. boys are the greedy ones and the rest is honest, hard-working crowd.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well, marg, you are not the only one who frets about Obama sweeping plan to rescue the nation from the economic abyss. Even Obama's partisan affiliates expressed their reservation:

Democrats criticize Obama's proposed tax cuts

news.yahoo.com...

Something must surely squeek in the engine of the ambulance driven by Paramedic Obama.

But here is the most important part: Clean and polish your mail box. I don't want to see any bird sh-t on it when the presidential check comes in.

[edit on 1/8/2009 by stander]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join