It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friendly Fire Kills 3, Injures 24 Israelis - Really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Just wake up, reading news from last night events, morning announcements. From first moment I have difficulties to swallow this news,

Friendly fire kills 3, injures 24 Israelis

An Israeli tank has accidentally hit their own positions killing three Israeli soldiers and injuring 24 others including a commander in northern Gaza. An Israeli army spokesman confirmed the incident which took place on Monday night.

www.presstv.ir...

- Why? Because Israel is now entering Urban area, and their advantage is not so great over there...

Further movement into the heart of the built-up areas would mean deadly urban warfare, replete with house-to-house fighting in crowded streets and alleyways familiar to Hamas's 20,000 fighters. Hamas has booby-trapped the streets of Gaza cities with explosives placed along routes and at the entrances to buildings.

www.jpost.com...

- I think claiming friendly fire is better cover to casualties, than admit that Hamas resistance is making any progress. When we look Hamas announcements, there are totally other tone in voice...

'7 Israeli tanks hit, 10 Israelis killed'

Hamas says its fighters have hit seven Israeli tanks and killed 10 soldiers in their fierce battle with the invading Israeli army.

www.presstv.ir...

- Something is missing in Gaza - Truth. And there is not much hope to get any truth near future, because Israel doesnt allow international press, observers to Gaza.

Last night begun with huge bombing, but something stopped that about 21.00 Mecca time... Israeli attacks stopped, and no progress was made during night. Something happened, thats for sure.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Last night begun with huge bombing, but something stopped that about 21.00 Mecca time... Israeli attacks stopped, and no progress was made during night. Something happened, thats for sure.

well?
Any theories on what happened?

Are you saying they are in a slugfest street by street fight?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think Israeli troops steps to many boobie-traps, almost right after their first push, and then they decide not to try overtake areas in the night... Also maybe some weapon was first time used by Hamas, or tactic.

ike I said there was no progress in Israeli advance in whole night, and I think that was not "part of the plan" ... There was huge bombardment right after darkness fall, and all reports gave hint from hard push at coming night... But then everything just stopped.

If Israel wants to over take Gaza, they have to understand that there comes very many corpses, both sides and before the push, if its still on the table, population of Israel need to inform from coming sacrifices... Israel has same problem and weakness like USA have - they wont accept own casualties. (We are "superiors" attitude)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
WTF?

More "friendly" fires?

IDF paratrooper killed during overnight Gaza operations

IDF paratrooper killed during overnight Gaza operations Army investigating possibility he was killed in another friendly-fire incident; earlier Monday, 3 soldiers killed by errant tank shell.

www.jpost.com...
www.ynetnews.com...
www.haaretz.com...

They are giving picture that casualties are only because their own miss calculations... 20 000 Hamas fighters have no value as enemy... I think this is full BS.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Maybe they stopped because they accidentally hit their own. Why would they stop if Hamas was fighting back so strong?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

Very possible too... No question about that. Fact is that attack to Gaza City was disaster in its first moments.

- I hope bombardment is not go wild because of this
- Time is worst enemy to Israel, and that is Hamas winning now.

Very interesting situation growing - Very dangerous for further escalation too. Only what we can see is that even not Hezbollah is not doing anything for peoples in Gaza... They are most lonely peoples in the earth.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
So, one of the casualties was son of the general in charge!

- Very good reason for that halt, and "cease fire" in last evening and night?

Israeli general: Never knew I was evacuating my wounded soldier son from Gaza

"They told me it was his battalion, but it never crossed my mind that my son was among the wounded," he said. "A little before eight my other son phoned me and said 'dad, we're going to Tel Hashomer.'" Advertisement After a brief hour-long visit with his wounded son, Fogel returned to Southern Command headquarters in Be'er Sheva.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Something to back up other theory...

Breaking news: Resistance in Gaza lures Israeli special unit, kills 3 and injures 30 occupation soldiers

Jan 5,2009

The Palestinian resistance in Gaza lured an Israeli special forces unit into an empty house at approximately 10 PM Palestine time on January 5, 2009.

The house had been packed with explosives by resistance fighters, and once the special forces unit had been lured into the house, the resistance fighters exited, detonating the house and killing 3 occupation soldiers and wounding 30.

As a result of this operation, the ground troops of the enemy pulled back 1 km and enemy airstrikes on the area have escalated, in an attempt to destroy the widest area around the house.

www.uruknet.info...

Something like this I thought really happened!

[edit on 6-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Israel keeping Media Campaign pressure up from "friendly fire" ... Brainwash propaganda?

" Say the lie so many times... "

Tank and infantry operations in Gaza investigated

Two incidents in which 4 soldiers killed in friendly fire under similar circumstances will be investigated. In both cases, tank fire was opened at building where IDF soldiers, who were suspected to be terrorists, were currently located.

www.ynetnews.com...

In coming night they can admit that couple have died in enemy fire too... But that doesnt change populatin distorted attitude... "Yeah, but mostly Israelis are only dying because their human "terrible mistakes"

... You see my point?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Another news backing hoax and propaganda in "friendly fire" news!

- Now media is turning to teach people to accept "real" casualties...

Barak: We knew it would be difficult

"We knew that the military action will be complicated; we knew it would be difficult; we knew that there would be a price, and we paid the price last night," Defense Minister Ehud Barak said during a tour of the Osem factory in Sderot Tuesday morning.

www.ynetnews.com...

- They can not hide own casualties any longer...

new topics

top topics

join