It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3.5 tonnes of Ammonium Nitrate stolen in Oz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
link.

www.abc.net.au...

S.

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
If I remember wasn't there the same kind of theft either on the west cost or in Texas i can't remember can any of you ?

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
3.5 tons!?!?! that's a big KABOOMMMM!!!

In retrospect provided it is some sort of terrorist threat, if the islamic extremists start attacking every non islam based country I wonder how long it will be before someone gets pissed enough to drop a nuke on them.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith
3.5 tons!?!?! that's a big KABOOMMMM!!!

In retrospect provided it is some sort of terrorist threat, if the islamic extremists start attacking every non islam based country I wonder how long it will be before someone gets pissed enough to drop a nuke on them.

JohnS, I quote..."I wonder how long it will be before someone gets pissed enough to drop a nuke on them."
If you mean all countries that are of Islamic Religion, that would be
a lot of nukes. Not good, but what about this... if al-q is based in the
tribal areas of Waziristan, which for all intents and purposes seems to
be the case, why not use a MOAB?
S.

Not that that's going to solve the fact that the world
is now involved in a religious war. I don't know what to
make of this whole, 'era of terror'. Using a MOAB,
would probably(sp) just increase the level of
hatred.
Yeah, I know i just contradicted myself...
S.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I love the way we all get bent outta shape when 3.5 tonnes of this stuff is reported missing. There is absolutely NO security of any farm in the country. Wander around and steal 10 kgs from as many farmers as you have to and before long you have as much as you need to do anything you want. As a former military officer, I know how many troops it takes to secure any given area. Lets face it, the terrorists have us by the "private-parts" and can strike at will. Our way of life, our level of fear, the questions I get from my 10 year old, are not the sort of concerns and questions I had when I was that age. Now it is a matter of Border Security, Surveillance and Intelligence gathering that will protect us. The populace must be vigilant, but not overly paranoid. Report all suspicious activity...you never know when something you saw or heard may just be the last piece in a bigger jig saw puzzle.....

[Edited on 9-4-2004 by Gordon57]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
More "stuff" going missing...

news.com.au...

S.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
this is funny (sort of), it would have to be an inside job (the army theft), actually, i have been to an army base without an army officer present, mind you that was only the golf course lol.

my uncle used to be in the army (for 26 yrs, he is now retired due to health probs) and he has told me he can get into any army base in the country because he is on an army pension.

as for the ammonium nitrate, you can buy that at almoast any place that sells fertaliser so why steal it and make it look obvious what your doing.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausconspiracies
this is funny (sort of),

as for the ammonium nitrate, you can buy that at almoast any place that sells fertaliser so why steal it and make it look obvious what your doing.

Um, 'cause someone left the shed open

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Why steal it? Becuz then you have no trail leading to you cept the one you leave to fool the people investigating, an also why BUY it wouldnt you be found out faster?

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trance
Why steal it? Becuz then you have no trail leading to you cept the one you leave to fool the people investigating, an also why BUY it wouldnt you be found out faster?

Leave a trail to fool the investigators...
Be careful what you say, Trance

new topics

top topics

join