It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphin Stampede video - hmm universe hitchhiking anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1/5/2009 by trusername]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
So long and thanks for all the fish!

So sad that it has come to this

We tried to warn you all those years...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil Genius

my thoughts exactly

second line

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water

Darn fish eaters, there won't be any left for us.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'd like to know if this is usual behavior or uncommon.

Does anybody know?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

That's very normal, all animal species play. It's an important form of learning and social bonding. They look like they are having so much fun! There was a great documentary on PBS some years back where a crew filmed wild American bison near Yellowstone running and sliding in the snow, making "laughing" hoots. The same video also showed retired space program apes who had a birthday party. The monkeys were wearing party hats and they jumped up and down when they saw the cake, came out of their cages and hugged each other like humans, with these distinct facial expression like tears of joy. Our psych class lost it, everyone in there cried like a baby! I still can't look at a birthday cake or a party hat without thinking of that. Thanks for linking this, it was a good video.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I bet they were being chased by a pod of Orca's.

link   
This video of polar bears playing with sled dogs that totally fascinates me every time I see it. But I have a husky so I am biased.

wow I am put a video in my post....I never knew how to do it, I feel all technical now!!

[edit on 6-1-2009 by gluetrap]

link   
Something that may cause this type of reaction would be when the Navy conducts underwater ultrasonic wave tests near marine mammals.

The mammals cannot stand the sound and you will usually find whales and dolphins beaching themselves to get away from it.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gluetrap
This video of polar bears playing with sled dogs that totally fascinates me every time I see it. But I have a husky so I am biased.

wow I am put a video in my post....I never knew how to do it, I feel all technical now!!

Don't be fooled by that video of the Polar Bears. They are pure Carnivores and if you move, you are food.

The only time they would be approachable is if their bellies where completely full of food. Both that man and his dogs are very lucky to be alive. When those Polar Bears next became hungry they would return and eat the dogs and the man. They might even play with the bodies after getting their fill.

Yes animals play, but dangerous animals also play with the bodies of their food after eating. They don't like us, they are not bonding with us they were playing with those dogs as a child would play with a doll just before pulling its arm off.

Congratulations on your technical achievement

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Animals have abilities in which a human, if trained to know an animal, can use and merge taking the animals ability and meshing it with our six senses allowing the human "extra ears,eyes and nose".

Rats have been trained to help doctors find cancer.
Ravens have been trained to see intruders.
Dogs have been trained as...fill in the blank.

What a person forgets is that they need training as well.

Most humans are deaf, dumb and blind to the natural world. They have been trained to work with in the goverment given system/reality forgetting the lessons that our great Grandfathers have tried to pass on to us as a warning.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Something that may cause this type of reaction would be when the Navy conducts underwater ultrasonic wave tests near marine mammals.

The mammals cannot stand the sound and you will usually find whales and dolphins beaching themselves to get away from it.

Another thing that may cause this type of behavior is a large school of small tasty fish.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i saw bottle nose dolphins on tv doing something similar to this when hunting shoals of fish, dunno!! i suspect it's natural behavior.

i wouldn't fancy being those dogs, the polar bears are eventually chomp.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Dolphins display a wide array of learned behaviors. I have observed Dolphins in Hilton Head beaching themselves in the shallow water. I was told that they do it to rub their bellies on the sand. Much like a good back scratch. This behavior is not instinctual and is passed down to the youngsters.

Dolphins also strand feed. Behavior just like the beaching practice.

Caption from the photo. This area is adjacent to Hilton Head.

No, they're not in danger. These bottlenosed dolphins are "Strand Feeding" - literally driving fish and shrimp ashore and hurling themselves bodily from the water to feed. This rare event, thought to be a learned behavior, occurs at low tide and has only been reported in the South Carolina LowCountry. On this day, I was paddling a creek that joins the May River near Bluffton, South Carolina. The quiet late afternoon air was torn by the sounds of rushing water and the happy clicks of the dolphin pod. I had seen this extraordinary phenomena before - but sans camera. I quickly nosed my kayak into the mud and enjoyed a front row seat!

new topics

top topics

join