It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to the 2012'ers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

You know something Naval.. I never believed in all this 2012 stuff, but now that you're attempting to debunk this.. I think I'm gonna start researching it now for myself.

BTW .. you still haven't provided your so called update over the disclosure project witnesses. Try debunking one case at a time will ya?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NW111

I dont think we should look at 2012 in anyway looked at before. What is going to happen is beyond our comprehension. We are but a micro grain of the big picture.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Nothing is going to happen in "2012". We are not even close to the center of the Galaxy and we will most likely not even be in the center for a long, long time. I am done with this 2012 crap. Nothing is going to happen.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Gaiden]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaiden

Ya nothings going to happen. No proof of anything, either way. Just a several thousand year old calander that will end its count, and a new count begin.

Nothing will happen. Im so glad I can count on everyone else's opinion that I dont have to think for myself!!

Na...I will continue to think for myself..thanks anyway!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaiden

And also there should not be any Galactic Alignment. The Galactic Alignment only occurs from our point of view on Earth. Say If we were on Mars or something, the Sun would not look aligned with the center.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
2012 - Alien invasion = we're doomed
2012 - Yellowstone eruption = we're doomed
2012 - galactic alignment = we're doomed

Oh hang on a sec didn't we say all this back in 1999?
2000 = we're doomed

Scuse me while I run around in circle waving my hands in the air shouting , " God help us , we're DOOOOMED"..

Hang on a second before I run out of breath, we always have something on the doom and gloom horizon, either its war, climate change, a president falling over his chair and his finger hitting the big red nuke button..

It doesn't matter if we have a paradigm shift ( whatever that is) , a revolution against the tyrannical governments or NWO that are running our lives, the world will still turn ( unless a huge comet SMASHES into the Earth and it shatters us all into molecules in which case - we're doomed)

Not one to put a too finer point on the matter but just for all your information whether you have an opinion on how the world will end or when it will end here's a little spouted fact for your delectation ....

WE'RE ALL DOOMED...

From the moment we're born we're dying and doomed to die when our bodies can't support our souls anymore...

right back to running around in a circle

We're DOOOMED

[edit on 6/1/09 by DataWraith]

I would like to clear something up regarding the y2k issue and the 2012. The y2k scare had nothing to do with galactic alignments, solar flares, the mayan prophecies etc. Y2k was about a computer flaw. A programming error where programs didn't include 00 as the year 2000 and the worry was all computers would be rolled back. Sure, computers rolling back would cause problems regarding your bank statement but can hardly be considered doom and gloom. Besides, the y2k scare started when? was it 1999? The mayan calendar was when? 1000 years ago?

I wish people would stop comparing these two. It's like trying to compare apples and pizzas.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

I would like to clear something up regarding the y2k issue and the 2012. The y2k scare had nothing to do with galactic alignments, solar flares, the mayan prophecies etc. Y2k was about a computer flaw.

Thanks for clearing that up but the "bug" was only one of many predictions of doom (and other stuff) for the year 2000, attributed to Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, Jeanne Dixon, and a handful (or two) of others.
*Computer bug
*Rapture
*Pole shift
*Planetary Havoc
*The Tribulation
*The Second Coming
*The End of the World
*Presidential Death Cycle
*Stock Market Reset
*Change in Power
*The Aliens Are Coming

paranormal.about.com...

[edit on 1/12/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by FlySolo

I would like to clear something up regarding the y2k issue and the 2012. The y2k scare had nothing to do with galactic alignments, solar flares, the mayan prophecies etc. Y2k was about a computer flaw.

Thanks for clearing that up but the "bug" was only one of many predictions of doom (and other stuff) for the year 2000, attributed to Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, Jeanne Dixon, and a handful (or two) of others.
*Computer bug
*Rapture
*Pole shift
*Planetary Havoc
*The Tribulation
*The Second Coming
*The End of the World
*Presidential Death Cycle
*Stock Market Reset
*Change in Power
*The Aliens Are Coming

paranormal.about.com...

Funny, I only heard of the computer bug thing but even so...
That link show dates all based on the Gregorian calendar, religious views and self proclaimed prophets. As some like to say at ATS..pure bullocks!

We're talking about a civilization that dedicated it self to following astronomical events. Without the aid of a telescope mind you, and devised the most accurate calendar to date. I don't need to tell you how accurate it is, you already know.

To blatantly ignore their incredible ability to do this and to ignore the implications would be foolish.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by FlySolo]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

As I understand it there really is no Mayan prediction other than some nebulous change occurring. As to why their calendar "ends" (a bit of a controversy about that), this thread presents a very credible theory about a significant (to the Maya), strictly astronomical, event which may be occurring on that date, an event that would make a good "stopping point" (and restarting point) for a calendar.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

reply to post by FlySolo

As I understand it there really is no Mayan prediction other than some nebulous change occurring. As to why their calendar "ends" (a bit of a controversy about that), this thread presents a very credible theory about a significant (to the Maya), strictly astronomical, event which may be occurring on that date, an event that would make a good "stopping point" (and restarting point) for a calendar.

Yes interesting thread, I'll read more of it later. However, I noticed you commented in it your glad it has nothing to do about galactic alignment. I'm wondering if you have seen David Flynn's analysis on the 2012 Ouroboros doomsday clock

Link

It's 9 parts and I highly recommend it. Skeptic or not. This guy is quite intelligent and I think you will enjoy the mental challenge debunking him in your mind.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

My post was initially to state that the current 2012 paranoia and the y2k were and are almost at the same levels, we said back then the world would end and now we're saying the same thing now for 2012.
we're getting scared, I'm not though as its just going to be another day, followed by another day, followed by yet another day and so on and so forth...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
You don't have to look very hard to find scientific evidence of the dark rift in which we are entering. The planets are heating up, our sun is loosing its heliosphere which is believed due to the magnetic pull of the dark rift. Governments of the world have been monitoring the approach and preparing by attempting to intigrate and centralized their systems to survive the approaching event. The economic collapse is a trivial pursuit compared to what is about to happen. The doomsday seedbank was completed in 2008 and several countries have contributed to the seed supply. If you want scientific data- go to the Horizon Project and educate yourself-deny ignorance

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
lets just wait and see what happens..

i really enjoyed year 2000..that al the planets will line up and BOOM!!! dooms day...it was some aroudn may or october forgot..

best solution---w a i t and s e e

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

reply to post by FlySolo

The Aztecs [ whom the Mayan's learned from, in some respects ] tell a different story -

The sacred Aztec calendar is properly called the Eagle Bowl. It represents the solar deity Tonatiuh. The amazingly accurate calendar has been in use in various forms for more than 2,000 years. A Zapotec prophecy, based on the Eagle Bowl, states:

"After Thirteen Heavens of Decreasing Choice, and Nine Hells of Increasing Doom, the Tree of Life shall blossom with a fruit never before known in the creation, and that fruit shall be the New Spirit of Men."

The 13 Heavens and 9 Hells were each 52 years long (1,144 years total). Each of the 9 Hells were to be worse than the last. On the final day of the last Hell (August 17, 1987), Tezcatlipoca, god of death, would remove his mask of jade to reveal himself as Quetzelcoatl, god of peace.

In the mythology of the Aztec, the first age of mankind ended with the animals devouring humans. The second age was finished by wind, the third by fire, and the fourth by water. The present fifth epoch is called Nahui-Olin (Sun of Earthquake), which began in 3113 BC and will end on December 24, 2011. It will be the last destruction of human existence on Earth. The date coincides closely with that determined by the brothers McKenna in The Invisible Landscape as “the end of history” indicated by their computer analysis of the ancient Chinese oracle-calendar, the I Ching.

In addition -

The Mayan calendar is divided into Seven Ages of Man. The fourth epoch ended in August 1987. The Mayan calendar comes to an end on Sunday, December 23, 2012. Only a few people will survive the catastrophe that ensues. In the fifth age, humanity will realize its spiritual destiny. In the sixth age, we will realize God within ourselves, and in the seventh age we will become so spiritual that we will be telepathic

Scource :

Im not saying or trying to prove that we are ALL doomed as a species.

Though, i do believe that we are heading for a quite dramatic change in Human Evolution.

The Sun [ as the Mayans/Aztecs predicted ] will be the cause of destruction and terror on our planet. This is being seen to happen right now, both on our planet and others. Only time will tell as to when it will happen enough for us to realise. Will it be to late though?

One thing we can take from this, Humanity is going to a new higher level of Conscienceness and Spiritual Awareness. I for one can see this happening now as i myself have expirienced and continue to expirience a higher level of Conscienceness and Spiritual Awareness.

Regards,

IP

Edit to add link

[edit on 14-1-2009 by InfoProvider]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoProvider

The Aztecs [ whom the Mayan's learned from, in some respects ] tell a different story -
You need to brush up on your history. The Mayan civilization (and their calendar) preceded the Aztec empire by more than one thousand years.

The present fifth epoch is called Nahui-Olin (Sun of Earthquake), which began in 3113 BC and will end on December 24, 2011.

A full year before the big deal in 2012? Somebody needs to reset their clock.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Okay so what their calendar ends on a date that coincides with some celestial alignment. How would they know this, granted peoples of the past were very intelligent, but to know about planetary alignment and its effect on the planet is frankly quite far fetched. Has any one considered that maybe their calendar ends there because that is the person in charge of keeping the calendar passed away, or that the last of the people passed away and that happens to be where it (the calendar) was at.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The calendar does not end. One Long Count Cycle ends and a new one starts.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You know what's going to happen on December 21st, 2012? I'm going to wake up, it's going to be a great new day, and NOTHING abnormal will happen. Then I will sigh and chuckle at all of the time and effort that some people put in to researching...nothing.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Im just throwing it out there because somebody knows. Whats the Masonic connection to the number 2012?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join