It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to the 2012'ers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Who ever said that 2012 was the end of the world?

Thats what I would like to know.

Exactly! In the ancient Mayan and Aztec texts, it simply indicates the end of the those calader time frames. Quite simple and to the point.

Ok Naval, why dont you and the others who gladly jump on your boat, show us some undisputable evidence and proof that there wont be any alignment on 2012? How about taking into account that the Mayans and Aztec people based their calander on the movement of the planets and the stars and the Earth. Wouldnt that be considered as "ancient astrology"? And wouldnt that also say that those Mesoamerican calanders, that I should remind you once again Naval, were around for CENTURIES before your Gregorian calander was even a wet dream in its creator's eyes much less the creators of that Gregorian calander even being around!

As far as I am concerned, which is what really matters to me, is that the ancient texts are far more credible than anything you have put forth in this little debate. I wont take your 1500 year old Gregorian calander as cannon when in fact it is created and referenced to the very calander system your thwarting. Without that Mesoamerican calander system that exsisted long, LONG before, there would not even be a Gregorian calander at all.

And your even missing the point that this does in fact have everything to do with your argument that there wont be any alignment come 2012. Again, by all means, please provide proof of that. That would be somewhat hard to do since 2012 has not arrived yet. But even you can take a celestrial program of the solar system, turn its clock ahead 3 years to 2012 and see where the planets and solar system are in relation to the galaxy.

Or have you even tried that yet? Probably not. And if so, it probably scared the living crap out of you and your here just trying to spread your generous love of "nonsense" once again in an attempt to close the open minded. Well sorry, it wont work. This isnt 1953 when disinfo types like yourself had it easy in swaying gullable people.

The facts are all there on the net and in libraries and college university libraries for your learning pleasure, and again, Im not going to do the legwork for you. Your OP made the claim there wont be any alignment, so now is the time to PROVE your point...or simply sit back and lets all wait and see.

Cheers!~!~!~!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC

One thing I constantly hear about 2012 is there is going to be a galactic alignment with the center of the milkyway. Not so. the last time this happened was in 1998 (the world didnt end).

To read about this, and other NON events predicted during 2012,
check this out:
www.astunit.com...

However if you are a 2012'er of a different variety (IE: you dont necessarily subscribe to the whole glactic alignment thing) then this particular article doesnt apply to you, though your armageddons style predictions are still all the fallacious.

Amen mate. Finally someone else that does not see tomorrow as doomsday. I remember it being predicted some six times during the 33 yrs of my life. We are still here. as far as I am concerned. check this out..
Hey doomsday sayers.... shut up. Jesus is not going to return to align galaxies and shift poles in order to re-wind the myan calandar for the aliens of Nibiru. Thor will not return riding Sliepnir, waving his hammer about, and Aliens will not come to earth pretending to be Allah, or Emmanuel. Remember 6-06-06? You all swore the devil was going to come out of nowhere, and put a curse on all you righteous hearts, and bid you sell your souls. You are all going to be fine. Mars will not crack open, and the sky will not fall. Relax and live for twenty minutes, and just think of now. Now preparing for doomsday. If it comes, who cares. there's not much we can do about it. Nothing short of leaving the planet anyway. But as many times as this has happened, why would the world just NOW decide it wants to end?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well because of this thread and the fact I see no one else about to do it. I am about to build a program , a gastrophyics delineator program, that will tell the exact position of our planetary bodies such Uranus and rest, on 12/21/2012.
I will all so build a model as to where the Milky Way and our solsr system is in relation to the gravity well at center.
You see our solar system is like a wave on 52,000 year cycle from top to bottom, the problems occur when every 26,000 years as we cross this gravity well at center of Milky Way. This crossing cause the planets to have slight change in orbit around sun, this change causes higher energy in planets and also can cause there vibration rate to higer level.
This all first occured when our Galaxy the Dwarf Sagittarius Galaxy Smashed into the Milky Way, we were sucked into and became part of Milky Way on it's outer rim bobbing up and down as our solar system tries to stablize in the gravity flux. Another Galatic collision will most likely occur before a complete stabilizetion could take place.
Now this is where the problem is when our galaxy crashed into Milky way, our solar system had two suns one was a brown dwarf. In this collision the brown dwarf star was broken away from it's sister star the Sun. So Nirbus along with it's single planet X in tow went it's own way, the only problem being that it is in same 52,00 year wave cycle of our solar system.
To further simplify this wave cycle I will use the Jack in the box paradigm alright it goes like this dat tadat tadat tadat tadat dat, dat tadat tadat tadat tadat dat dat POP goes the wealse.
I Feel I should be able to have this program and model finished by no later than early 2014, and we will be able to put end to this entire 2012 mystery.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
When you speak of glactic alignment, your speaking of our core system center, our sun, with the center of our galaxy. And this statement is true, "The galactic alignment is when the rising sun is in direct alignment with the center of the milky way equator as viewed from earth.". It`s not about our planets being inline, but about our system being inline with the core center of our galaxy.

There has to be untold energy coming from the center of this galaxy that hold all these stars and planets within this ring around it. If it was deadly energy, we wouldn`t be here today. In my opinion, I believe we may feel some type of effect from it, but not on a level that many of the doom and gloom sayers are talking about.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
the Mayan calender predicts the end of the winter cycle. wich to me means something else will begin since something has ended. is it possible this new beginning starts on December 21, 2012 ? maybe , maybe not.

could the alignment of our Sun with the Dark Rift cause a Polar shift on that day ? maybe, maybe not ?

nobody knows for sure is my opinion.

with that said

can someone tell me why this thread is in the UFO/Alien Forum

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
can someone tell me why this thread is in the UFO/Alien Forum

Guess the OP is tired of debunking UFOs, so now he's debunking 2012 UFOs

weeeeeeee it's the end of the world weeeeeeeeeeeeee

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

oh please give me a break. You bring up the calendars again.
Mayan vs gregorian
IT DOESNT MATTER. THE FACT IS YOU AND THE OTHER 2012'ERS HAVE ASSIGNED A GREGORIAN DATE- DEC 2012 - FOR THIS event.

and as faras galatic alignment, it happened in 1998! meaning its not going to be due for quite awhile.. you know that things like glactic alignments happen on a PREDICTABLE CYCLE????

and your trying to say were wrong because of our calendar? give me a break! using the "in accurate" gregorian calendar we are able to predict eclipses, comet impacts, the return of comets (such as haleys comet) etc.

Just because our calendar is different doesnt mean that we can not use it to predict events, or that our predictions will be any less accurate!
the fact is RFBurns the last alignment happened in 1998. Fact. these are on a Cycle. Fact. Care to guess when the next galactic alignment will be RFBurns?

Come on this should be easy for you RFburns! its simple math!
1998 + ? = ?

Your "well yes there will be a galactic alignment because the mayan calendar is more accurate" crap doesnt mesh. I dont gve a crap about the Mayan vs Gregorian calendar the fact of the matter i we are still able to forsee astronomical events and predict them and even tell how much of a cycle their on.

So trying to use the "well the gregorian calendar is wrong, there WILL be an alignment in 2012 because mayans were more accurate" crap is FLAT FACED wrong.

the last galactic alignment was in 1998.

Oh and you mentioned going forward in an astronomy program.

Did you bother looking at the photos on the link I posted? those are screen shots from SkyAtlas 2000, a astronomy program!!!!
Oh and to make your math easier RFburns, galactic alignment happens
every 26,000 years.. so 1998+ 26,000 = ???

So unless the solar system start moving faster then the speed of light, the next alighment will be in
27998 AD. Not 2012.

every 26,000 years and Earth has been around for 4.5 billion years, so it has happened many times and no mass exntinction correlates, because the galactic center isnt going to harm us.

But I bet you dont even know the forumla to calculate the gravitational force one object exrts on another over distance do you?
Heres a clue: the galactic center is 30,000 light years away!

[edit on 6-1-2009 by NavalFC]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DesmoSedici

give me a break. I have been skeptical of all the BS that gets posted in this forum, from people who think every rock they see is evidence of aliens, to 2012, to some of the outrageous UFO claims.

this 2012 crap is moe bunk, and RFburns attempt at an explanation is even more fallacious.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

umm hey googolplex, programs like this ALREADY EXIST and are avialble for you to use. Stellarium, Celestrons The Sky, Celestia, etc etc etc/

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Since you have not replied to my post, Im going to have to re-post it and this time i demand a response

The galactic alignment happens almost every year! What is significant about the 2012 alignment is that its exactly during winter solstice, which was a holy day to most of the ancient civilizations.

The galactic alignment is when the rising sun is in direct alignment with the center of the milky way equator as viewed from earth. Its similar to a solar eclypse where the moon crosses in front of the sun but this time it is the sun that crosses in front of the galactic center.

Might be cool to view but nothing will happen as a result of it.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

*sigh* what your referring to int th common 2012'er defintion though. See the link I posted. The "galacting alignment" the 2012'ers refer to only happens every 26,000 years, and the last one was in 1998. No one alive now will live to see the next one.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
reply to post by NavalFC

The galactic alignment happens almost every year! What is significant about the 2012 alignment is that its exactly during winter solstice, which was a holy day to most of the ancient civilizations.

The galactic alignment is when the rising sun is in direct alignment with the center of the milky way equator as viewed from earth. Its similar to a solar eclypse where the moon crosses in front of the sun but this time it is the sun that crosses in front of the galactic center.

Might be cool to view but nothing will happen as a result of it.

At sunrise in central Mexico (it depends on where on Earth you are), on December 21, 2012 the equatorial coordinates of the sun will be RA 17h 59m, Dec -23° 26'(J2000 epoch). This converts to Galactic Coordinates of ℓ = 6.3328 b= 0.0909.

The sun will be about 6 degrees above the Galactic plane and to the left of the Galactic center. Not only that, but the Milky Way will be pretty washed out by the light of the sunrise so there won't be much to see anyway.

I used Stellarium to determine the location of the Sun and this Converter.

[edit on 1/6/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
2012 - Alien invasion = we're doomed
2012 - Yellowstone eruption = we're doomed
2012 - galactic alignment = we're doomed

Oh hang on a sec didn't we say all this back in 1999?
2000 = we're doomed

Scuse me while I run around in circle waving my hands in the air shouting , " God help us , we're DOOOOMED"..

Although, (and forgive me, I just like to be technical) just because someone is wrong (or a type of prediction is wrong) 1, 000, 000 times does not mean that they will be wrong on the 1,000,001 time. Logically speaking, that is.

The human race IS doomed. Thats not conjecture, its fact. Now predicting the actual time of our demise is a much trickier business, but someone, somewhere will be right, even if it is just blind chance that they are.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

You are correct.

2012wiki.com...

The precise alignment of the solstice point (the precise center-point of the body of the sun as viewed from earth) with the Galactic equator was calculated to occur in 1998 (Jean Meeus, Mathematical Astronomy Morsels, 1997 - mentioned by Jenkins at alignment2012.com... ). This date was further refined by Smelyakov to May 7 1998 (tech.groups.yahoo.com...). Therefore, if the significance of 2012 is related to a precise intersecting of the Galactic Equator, whatever that significance would have meant would already have occurred.

(emphasis mine)

So, that pretty much says it all. If the alignment with the center of the galaxy was supposed to cause some event, that event has already happened.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ya, I know I open up a pic of the Mayan Calendar,
and I just say to myself, "huhh...mmmhm, sooo"?

Where is it stating that the world will end or there
will be an alignment on Dec 12 2012 (The same
Dec 12 2012 that we use today)?

Can someone do a Mayan Calendars for Dummies
exercise for me?

I'm basing everything I read on this on the subject
on someone else's word or explanation. I can't make
heads or tails when I look at it.

Does it specifically mention spiritual awakening,
galactic alignment, Niburu or end of the world?!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

But the "galactic alignment" as described by 2012 proponents is one that happens once every 26k years

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Original poster, please read this: projectavalon.net...

it clears up this misunderstanding.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Reddupo]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Would you mind summarizing for us slow children? I am not sure I understand how that clears it up. Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Thanks NavalFC I knew there were such programs around did not know names of. I would like to under stand why everyone is hung up on this 2012 date. It has been brought up many times with Casey, Mayan, Nostradamas, Hopie, Church.
The chart in your link is kind of hard for me to grasp.
I did down load one of those Programs so thanks again.
But what you are saying is that we have already past this gravity spike if was spike at all, correct? It is intresting though if the Mayans did say end of winter, cause we are in a time of end of ice so to speak, and things are warming up, I think.
Do you know if Ice ages are on some what of 13,000 year cycle, for peak?
Sorry if I get kind of out of whack here It's nothing against your thread, you know how the extrems go here at ATS. I would like to understand, but here some of the people would dispute the fact the earth is round or kind of round.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This is the best article I've read on the subject.

It really makes....wait for it....sense!!!

No Doomsday in 2012

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join