It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China faces wave of unrest in 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

China faces wave of unrest in 2009

www.iht.com

China faces surging protests and riots in 2009 as rising unemployment stokes discontent among migrant workers and university graduates, a state-run magazine said in a blunt warning about unrest in this sensitive year.

The unusually stark report was in this week's Outlook (Liaowang) Magazine, issued by the official Xinhua news agency, which laid out the hazards facing China and its ruling Communist Party as growth falters during the global economic crisis.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
All of these so called "predictions" should be taken lightely of course, but for some reason if China is warning of unrest due to rising unemployment related with the global meltdown something is telling me that the future isn't looking pretty at all.

I've been often discarded the rumours of martial law in the US widespread through this site and on Youtube as "nearly impossible", at the same time I've denied the possibility of the global meltdown to be planned and orchestrated... something I more and more believe that has been in the making for many years.

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Skittle]

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Skittle]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It's not "China" that needs to worry about unrest due to financial issues, it's everyone.

I've seen allot of reports stating "X country will face unrest", when the real issue is that the world will have hot-spots of unrest if the financial issues get as bad as analysts are predicting.
(Yes, that includes you too US, Britain, Canada, Australia, etc... even though you have a hard time picturing it.)

The worlds economy is stumbling.
Resources are already strained (not referring to oil).

The pieces are set... now it's just a matter of who will grab at them first.
We know from experience that nations usually decide that warfare is an easy-out in economic hard times.
If the worlds economy is failing, there's going to be quite a few countries ready to use warfare as a distraction. (quite a few is an understatement).

It's all up to whether or not this world recession gets any worse.
Let's all hope it doesn't.

Investors will be investors, they will always pull out of anything that looks edgy... at the moment, that's just about everything.
Sadly enough, if they do start mass selling, the money they get from their sell-offs will be worthless in itself.

Some are looking at this as an opportunity to inject new currencies in an attempt to corner the worlds finances... we all know the names, so I'll spare you the reading.
The point is, don't be fooled by them, their currencies will be just as worthless as the rest of them.
Your only likely solid investments are in precious metals and the like, in the long run, that's what will still stand.
After the dust settles, you can re-trade that for whatever currency survived the storm.

join