It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I become a Mason? A "FreeMason" that is..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

You're not going to get actual rituals from a book on Amazon. Lodges can and actually do change their rituals and passwords every so often. You need a copy of the ritual monitor for the grand lodge of your state.

Freemasonry involves dogma and theology.

Discussion of religion and politics is not allowed in the lodge because they are imposing their own religion and political ideology onto members. That would be like going to Bible study and arguing whether Ashkenazi or Sephardic Judaism reflects the word of God.

Too bad you don't see the hand of Freemasons in both sides of wars and other political conflicts.

Freemasonry teaches that man is saved through works, which is anti-Christian. Freemasonry contradicts the Bible. The only ritual with which a Christian should concern himself should be Christian ritual.

If King Solomon and his Temple are "Biblical in nature" then what are Hindus and Buddhists doing in the Masonic lodge?

Please share these accusations and characterizations

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by JoshNorton
You remember what happened to LBJ...

He became President?

and then swept the JFK assassination under the rug.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

He became President?

Gee, if he could do that as an Entered Apprentice, just guess what the rest of us can do!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

He became President?

Gee, if he could do that as an Entered Apprentice, just guess what the rest of us can do!!!

Yeah, like make Hurricane Katrina do a right-angle turn along the 33rd parallel !!!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen]

So are you saying that persons who decide Masonry is not for them help conspire to assassinate Presidents? You make a compeling arguement that one should acutally be a Mason.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

Are you honestly implying Freemasonry made Hurricane Katrina make landfall on New Orleans?

Just looking for some clarity.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen]

So are you saying that persons who decide Masonry is not for them help conspire to assassinate Presidents? You make a compeling arguement that one should acutally be a Mason.

That's not what I said. Go back and read again.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Are you honestly implying Freemasonry made Hurricane Katrina make landfall on New Orleans?

If it wasn't the Freemasons, then someone else who really likes the number 33

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Wow, just wow!

So mankind now has control of hurricanes, eh? And because they're under mankind's control, it naturally follows that they're under Freemasonry's control? Which Grand Lodge? Or rite? Who's pulling the strings, Sherlock?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

You're not going to get actual rituals from a book on Amazon. Lodges can and actually do change their rituals and passwords every so often. You need a copy of the ritual monitor for the grand lodge of your state.

Actually, this is patently false. Duncan's Ritual is a classic and explains the 3 Blue Lodge degrees in excruciating detail. The ritual is no secret anymore - Anyone with a computer can read the ritual online if they know where to look, or simply purchase a copy on Amazon.

The differences geographically between various states are relatively minor.

I compared Duncan's Ritual with our ritual book for our Lodge, and it is nearly identical.

Changes in ritual are slow, and occur only with a vote at Grand Lodge. In the last 10 years, they have never changed the passwords in the state I reside - In fact, I have never even once heard of the signs, tokens, and passwords changing - Ever.

Freemasonry involves dogma and theology.

No, it doesn't. It espouses a belief in a Supreme Being - That hardly involves espousing "theology". Freemasons simply don't want atheists in their fraternity - Plain and simple. I find it actually humorous how people try to read more into it than what is really there.

Freemasonry is really not dogmatic at all. It uses allegory and symbolism to convey morals. When I think dogma, I think "in your face" and "preaching". Freemasonry isn't preachy at all. In fact, it is quite tolerant and accepting of men of good character regardless of their religious and political beliefs.

Discussion of religion and politics is not allowed in the lodge because they are imposing their own religion and political ideology onto members.

What political ideology does Freemasonry impose exactly? I am curious. Because I have never once made a vote based on Freemasonic "political" ideology. Masonic Lodges have all kinds of people with various political bents - from liberal to conservative.

Freemasonry is not a religion. It's a fraternity. Big difference. There are rituals, but they are not religious in nature - They are simple initiation rituals no different from a hundred other fraternities, with simple allegories and symbolism.

Too bad you don't see the hand of Freemasons in both sides of wars and other political conflicts.

Can you please provide proof with references? And please, no conspiracy web sites.

Do you really believe that the Masons in your local Lodge are controlling the Afghanistan war or the Iraq war? That's really funny.

Freemasonry teaches that man is saved through works, which is anti-Christian. Freemasonry contradicts the Bible. The only ritual with which a Christian should concern himself should be Christian ritual.

First, there is never ever any discussion about being "saved" in Masonic ritual! Please show me proof where this is discussed. You can't, because it doesn't exist. Masonic Ritual is not a Baptist revival!

Freemasonic ritual does not contradict the Bible. In fact, all the rituals in the Blue Lodge are based on the building of King Solomon's Temple - Which is VERY Biblical.

I find it funny - Freemasonry promotes harmony, tolerance, humility, friendship, brotherhood, fraternity - All the same values promoted by Jesus Christ. Freemasonry is very Christian in nature - moreso than many institutionalized versions of Christianity.

If King Solomon and his Temple are "Biblical in nature" then what are Hindus and Buddhists doing in the Masonic lodge?

First, there are very, very few Buddhists and Hindus in Masonic Lodges. Very few - At least in the USA.

Secondly, Freemasonry is tolerant - regardless of one's religious or political beliefs. As long as a man is of good character, and believes in God, he is welcome in the Lodge. It doesn't matter if he is Jewish, Protestant, Hindu, Baptist, Catholic, etc. He just has to be of good moral character, and believe in God.

I would tend to think that most Buddhists and Hindus would be uninterested in Masonry. Nevertheless, I am sure there are a few in some Lodges, although rare. Most Masons, from my experience, are Protestant or Catholic, not Hindu or Buddhist.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Do you believe in lizard people too?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Perhaps it was God. Perhaps he though, well, it has to land somewhere, and he thought the number 33 would add some irony to the horrible situation.

I wonder, which Grand Lodge has the uber mega weather changing machine?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Wow, just wow!

So mankind now has control of hurricanes, eh? And because they're under mankind's control, it naturally follows that they're under Freemasonry's control? Which Grand Lodge? Or rite? Who's pulling the strings, Sherlock?

The Chinese are quite good at it, actually. You've obviously never heard of HAARP.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Perhaps it was God. Perhaps he though, well, it has to land somewhere, and he thought the number 33 would add some irony to the horrible situation.

I wonder, which Grand Lodge has the uber mega weather changing machine?

What you just said was blasphemous, proving yet again that Freemasonry is incompatible with Christianity.

Good question! Why don't you ask around for us?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

As much as you believe that giving someone a trestle board is somehow going to make him better.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Mm .. I am a Catholic, though I think for my self.. "Incompatible" would be implying that some form of philosophy of Masonry contradicts Christianity. Considering Judaic/Christian teachings are the core medium to which the philosophies are taught, it would be an oxymoron to say Masonry is incompatible with Christianity.

As far as your hurricane theory, I find it childish.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yes I have heard of HAARP and have done a bit of reading about the project. You imply it's chinese in origin. Sorry, no. And I haven't seen any evidence that it is nefarious in any way. And it has not come up in my lodge, or even district/state meetings for that matter. The "higher levels" that I have talked to dont even know what it is. Or for that matter, any of which you spout about. How can this be? These men are at the Grand Lodge and will laugh at the comedic allegations posted here. But how can that be? These men ARE "high level masons"?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Yes I have heard of HAARP and have done a bit of reading about the project. You imply it's chinese in origin. Sorry, no. And i haven't seen any evidence that it is nefarious in any way. And it has not come up in my lodge, or even district for that matter.The "higher levels" that I have talked to dont even know what it is. or for that matter, any of which you spout about. How can this be? These men are at the Grand Lodge and will laugh at the comedic allegations posted here. But how can that be? These men ARE "high level masons"?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

As much as you believe that giving someone a trestle board is somehow going to make him better.

So your answer is a 'maybe exist' leaning toward 'should exist'.

The trestle board is only the guide and man has free will. Therefore, in the same way you can lead a horse to water but not be able to make him drink or give a man a holy book like the Old and New Testament but not be certain that he'll follow its strictures, you can show and explain the Trestle Board to a new Mason but there's not guarantee that a better man will ensue. However, if a worse man emerges (for whatever reason), he can be unmade a Mason.

On the other hand, the whiff of even having passingly believed in lizard people will stick with you like glue for the rest of your life.

Thanks for the clarification, vcwxvwligen. Now we know just how much value to assign your posts.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
First of all I'm against the masons due to the priviliges they get and their connection to the NWO, etc. But, if you want to become a freemason why would you come on here and stir up a potential hornets nest in telling of your intentions?
If you want to join and you find it interesting, just find a mason and sign up!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join