It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Schools the House Financial Services Committee, TWICE! 1/5/2009

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

if ron paul doesnt make it clear for you im not sure what could possibly. you are whats wrong with america. a man comes with answers and truth to problems he predicted before they materialized and you try to scrape for anything negative you can. you are the problem with america.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
hahaha. Ron felt sorry for the guy and threw him a bone at the end. I like that, cause he could've owned that guy on an extreme level. But no, it's not about his pride it's about the truth and honesty with him. So sad he's disadvantaged cause of this.

Yeah I noticed that too. The guy couldnt answer the question on where all the government money has gone in the SEC because it sure as hell didnt go to where it was supposed to. RP should of let him squirm some more.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I have to admit that I did not give Ron Paul enough credit during the primaries. I am now suffering from 20/20 hindsight. I focused my efforts on McCain. Unfortunately, I had flashbacks of a strong third party candidate like Ross Perot derailing the election for the Republicans.

The problem is people vote for Republicans thinking that they stand for small government and individual liberties. They DONT and because we only have a two party system as the other parties are shunned we really get to choose between the lesser of two evils. The problem is when you look into the two evils you start to see they are really the same.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost
The problem is when you look into the two evils you start to see they are really the same.

I get all kinds of heat at work over this.
You should of seen the knives come out after the election when I quoted
" Meet the new boss same as the old boss"

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

You are really really confused.

Try using less pointless political labels. Realize that they all work for the same people (not you).

RP continues to be a ray of sunshine in a dark world, and a role model.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by ChanneledAdvizor]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I have to admit that I did not give Ron Paul enough credit during the primaries. I am now suffering from 20/20 hindsight. I focused my efforts on McCain. Unfortunately, I had flashbacks of a strong third party candidate like Ross Perot derailing the election for the Republicans.

i give you credit for saying that and seeing the light,,,, welcome to the ron paul; revolution

and join us,,, because it's still going and will continue,,,not even close to over as many want you to believe

google ron paul sites, get involved

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
We hear Ron Paul should not be the man for president. If that is the case, I have NO IDEA why people PREFER McCain or Obama as the POTUS.

Even if he is not the idealistic "perfect" president, he sure is better than the two knuckleheads listed above.

I do not believe in much of the democrats ways of doing things, but I will not fully judge until time has played its course in Obamas presidency.

I am usually a republican supporter (not by name), but IMO McCain tossed his chance at presidency when picking Palin.

How is this relevant to the thread? It shows how SAD our government is when a potential president picks a running mate as such as Palin. It proves that a party will choose someone simply for the demographic.

As I said - I do not want to judge Obama and do not think he was picked for a demographic (to a certain extent yes). But I believe what McCain did by picking Palin was just blatantly obvious he wanted the woman vote.

Age restricted me from voting in the past election. I WOULD have voted for McCain. I would not have ever voted for Obama.

I feel a bit of shame that I wouldn't have voted for Ron Paul.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by FritosBBQTwist]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
In my opinion Ron Paul should be a part of the Obama cabinet. I do however disagree strongly with his stand on abortion.

I supported and continue to support Obama for many reasons and feel very comfortable with it. What kills me is how so many people do not take the time to get educated on our candidates. The MSM goes with what will make the most money, no matter what. How many people have any idea what the culture that he grew up in is like? Oh Hawaii, Indonesia, that's not American-He's Muslim because of his middle name, as if being a Muslim is the flipping mark of the beast- gees, the ignorance. I could go on and on.

Yes, Ron Paul should have been the Republican candidate, or atleast a third party candidate.

People the problem is with Education and Ignorance- the majority of our fellow Americans take more time to follow every move of Brittney Spears than to really get to know the candidates that are a part of making the laws we live by.

Everyone thinks this Economic mess is a horrible thing, sure it sucks, but it's a giant reset button that many of us needed to get off our high horses.

Where are all of the Ron Paul supporters now? They should be out there supporting him and doing everything they can to push for him to be in Obama's Cabinet. Ummm, oh yeah, the MSM foiled everything.

Yeah, I know I bounced around and my spelling and grammar suck, that's why I am going back to college, to be more educated. And yes, I was inspired by Obama, and that's a good thing.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

I commend your frank admission. Many would not do so.

The process is corrupt. The political parties we 'embrace' are even more so.

I cannot fathom why Mr. Paul felt so strongly that he should not run as an independent; but that decision was his to make.

I expect that many people will never even hear that he forewarned us about the current fiasco YEARS before, when we could have done something about it.

Is there really a difference between the two parties? Really? If so, consider the fact that both are fervent defenders of 'don't throw away your vote on a third party' statements. That alone tells me they are the same players, switching issues and rhetoric to suit the time and place they speak.

I applaud and support Paul's stalwart defense of the American Constitution and attacks on the travesty of the central banking mafia that runs this country.

THAT is why he will never get the media support that has become the most critical component in winning national elections. The media has become MORE than it was ever supposed to be because we allowed it to be owned by a handful of people - all of which seem to be of the same ilk.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

That bone was poisoned. The people the SEC are supposed to police can throw around 100k bribes like a bartender can sling a beer. Now this guy admits that they hire someone else to keep track of them. The follow-up questions should have been, "Who?" and "How can you trust them?". Imagine if the head of the FBI admitted that they hire mall security cops to track down people on their 10 most wanted list.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

he is the only sane one in Washington

Or the only person within this mess who hasn't sold his soul.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
We hear Ron Paul should not be the man for president. If that is the case, I have NO IDEA why people PREFER McCain or Obama as the POTUS.

Even if he is not the idealistic "perfect" president, he sure is better than the two knuckleheads listed above.

I do not believe in much of the democrats ways of doing things, but I will not fully judge until time has played its course in Obamas presidency.

I am usually a republican supporter (not by name), but IMO McCain tossed his chance at presidency when picking Palin.

How is this relevant to the thread? It shows how SAD our government is when a potential president picks a running mate as such as Palin. It proves that a party will choose someone simply for the demographic.

As I said - I do not want to judge Obama and do not think he was picked for a demographic (to a certain extent yes). But I believe what McCain did by picking Palin was just blatantly obvious he wanted the woman vote.

Age restricted me from voting in the past election. I WOULD have voted for McCain. I would not have ever voted for Obama.

You can't pass judgement on Obama or McCain. OBama is not in office yet and therefore has no record of achievements (Good or bad). McCain will not be president so again you can't pass judgement on something that did not happen. There's no Presidential History of these two to say they did good for bad (In Obama's case,"Yet".).

The same applies to Ron Paul. He may be great, he could also be horrible. We won't know until he is actually the President.

Gut instinct is what we go on. My gut instincts have been wrong and right.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This man needs to take a two hour time slot on all of the major networks, for say, a Monday night. He can come straight out and tell America why we have such a screwed up country. He's right, all the government does is throw money at problems. We will NEVER get out of debt if the government continues down this path. I don't care how many stimulus plans Bush, or Obama, or the next president want to create. If money is their solution to every problem, when this country needs it, it won't be there.

I'm just sick of the way things are being run and we seriously need to fix it. If even a quarter of the House and Senate thought the same way as Dr. Paul, this country would be so much better.

S&F for bringing this to our attention, thank you!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The most important point that he makes in this video is that our entire system is a Ponzi scheme; banking is a Ponzi scheme, Social Security is a Ponzi scheme, etc. I have said this to many people over the course of the last few weeks as this Madoff story has grown and I even mentioned it here in another thread. The reply I get is more or less, "huh?" The people of this country desperately need someone to call Madoff and his scheme what it is, and relate it to the exact same scheme's that they are victim to. As I've mentioned many times before, if Madoff's firm had been chartered as a bank, this story never would have existed. Thank you Ron Paul for having the guts to use your position to speak the truth! If only I had the same forum...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Thanks for putting my RP video on ATS! I am honored! There are a few more that you may like!

In Liberty,

Matrixxx123456789

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Because he wasn't ordained. Paul and his followers (I am one and proud of it) were deemed nuts by the MSM. I can still see Hannity laughing and stating that Paul supporters were rigging the phone in poll after one of the debates. Paul was thumping the chosen candiates of Ghouliani, Richie Rich Romney and Huckleberry. My blood was absolutely boiling at the audacity of it all. How many polls were quickly removed when Paul had the lead or, even worse, were reset until they showed who they wanted to be in the lead.

McCain was the last choice (but ahead of Paul) as a chosen MSM candidate. When it looked like Romney was going to lock it up, most MSM outlets and conservative talk show hosts would dog on McCain and state how terrible he was and cite McCain/Feingold, amnesty, etc... But, when Romney dropped out all of sudden everyone LOVED McCain. He was going to lead the Republicans like the MAVERICK he is.

I have lost all hope in any realization that Americans are capable of making good choices. Unless we are spoon fed what to think, what to believe and what to do, we're useless.

I'll be a Paul supporter and a supporter of anyone else who holds to his ideals. And, I took Paul's advice and supported Chuck Baldwin for POTUS, since he was endorsing him.

Seriously, this crap makes me want to fight. The thought of kicking Harry Reid in the ass is enthralling to me. It's time that American citizens excercise their right to throw off tyranny and start over.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

You can't pass judgement on Obama or McCain. OBama is not in office yet and therefore has no record of achievements (Good or bad). McCain will not be president so again you can't pass judgement on something that did not happen. There's no Presidential History of these two to say they did good for bad (In Obama's case,"Yet".).

The same applies to Ron Paul. He may be great, he could also be horrible. We won't know until he is actually the President.

Gut instinct is what we go on. My gut instincts have been wrong and right.

I can not pass judgment on the two fore runners running for president? What are you getting at? What I have said is that Ron Paul is not perfect, and hell, could even be worse than the other two, but when talking about why the economy is bad and corrupt govt etc - he actually hits the nail on the head where neither McCain or Obama did IMO?

Also - where did I say Obama would be a BAD president? McCain for that matter? They could have done the worst job running for president and turned out to be the best. Are you implying that it does not matter what any of them say and we should only vote for the person we see "good" for it without being educated on the matters? Of course it is a liberty we have to vote without being educated, which in my opinion is still better than not voting at all. With that said, I STILL find it ignorant (generally speaking) to vote for a member with no idea on their operations they claim to have.

I think you have misread my original statement because I do not see what you are trying to say. Picking a president is ALL about judging (not that I did much of it anyways). If we do not judge, and see who we THINK is going to be the best, what is the point in voting at all? Impossible to say who will be the best, but we have to make a conclusion from our knowledge, a prediction, aka judgment.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does that David Kotz guy, sound like, have mannerisms like, grooms like, and talks like a made for TV New York Mobster?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

That is your judgement of whether any of the (3) would/will be good or bad.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Because he wasn't ordained. Paul and his followers (I am one and proud of it) were deemed nuts by the MSM.

I wouldn’t completely blame the MSM, though I’m sure they’ve played a part in it. Paul’s supporters sometimes indeed act nuts and scare people away from him. I moderately liked Ron Paul during election season but his followers usually turned me off and if I had one bad thing to say about the man they didn’t act very “sane”. Eventually I tuned them out and focused on the man, now I appreciate Paul and his message, and even his general way of thinking; and I would vote for him in a heartbeat.

All of his followers are not “nuts”, but there is an insufferable amount of them that act completely obnoxious and it turns people off.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join