It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 mass hoax?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Thanks Byrd. Nice to see truth from level headed informed people now and then.

As to the "Harmonic Convergence" I await the Universal Peace that seems to have failed to come about. One wonders how the people continue to sell their wares until you realize just how easy people are to fool. In this case I think it is a true desire for these things to be true that drives these myths. People want them to be true so badly critical thinking goes out the window.

The psychology of why people are so easily duped on these topics and why they will even knowingly lie to defend them I've always found interesting. Now we have a Forum dedicated to what amounts to nothing unless the posts are about the untruth of it all. This is ATS though and I imagine the myth will continue until 2012 when the book peddlers pick a later date and continue the charade.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I wasn't saying that you computer geeks (
) did not warn us about Y2K; I was referring more to the MSM types whose best interests were not in letting the public know about what you computer programmers already knew. I think you misconstrued my point there my friend.

As for your interpretation of 2012, if that is what your research has led you to believe on the subject, then that is great for you...but my research has led me to a slightly different conclusion...but I suppose my research will always lean towards what I want to see in my own reality, just as your research will do the same. You are, however, one of the best educated skeptical people on this site so I respect your opinion as much as I respect my own.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by matth

If you're going to debunk 2012, then you should debunk the facts on 2012, as opposed to debunking your own assumptions of 2012, which is all I'm really seeing...I hope that made sense...

--Yeah your debunking my debunk

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
It's such a hoax we cant even prove if it's a hoax or not!!!

Those are the worst hoaxes, the unprovable ones

I do know NASA says there will be a guaranteed planetary alignment which could result in gravitational shifts on Earth, thats about it

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
No ones going to win the 2012 debate - but 2012 itself.
Why?
Because when *something happens* - and believe me, something WILL happen. - whatever it is, will get blamed on 2012 - and from there on out everyone will say - See, I told you so, it happened in 20121!

*P*E*A*C*E*

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Basically the whole thing was started by Jose Arguelles, who had another similar pronouncement about the "harmonic convergence" in the 1980's. When the 80's came and went and the predictions didn't come true, he switched them over so that they would happen "in 2012."

Unfortunately, people don't listen to historians. I'm afraid they listen to New Age writers. Now the "End Times" Christians have also snagged on the date, adding to the tension over this upcoming non-event.

yeah but the times are way different now than ten years ago. But then again was a kid back then so i can't really make a good comparison.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It's just a way for companies to cash in 2012. Nothing will happen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join