It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says 70,000 volunteer for Israel fight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

www.google.com

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — More than 70,000 Iranian students have volunteered to carry out suicide bombings against Israel, Iran's state news agency reported Monday, but President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has not responded to their request for permission.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is definitely not good. This situation needs to be resolved before we have a bunch of idiots suicide bombing over there. Its just another war that can not be done.

If Ahmadinejad approves of this, it will certainly lead to more US Involvement and raise tensions with Iran/US/Isreal.

Only logical solution is someone needs to step in and encourage peace and not more killing/suicides in the region.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This is just exactly what I was afraid of. I had a feeling this war was going to spin out of control and involve many ME countries and ultimately the US. Perhaps the Fundies are right, perhaps this is Armageddon.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Now I know the Iranians are hyping things for an Arab audience. Why spend money educating youth and send over to Israel to blow themselves up? If they were serious, they would draft them, train them for a few years and then send to a declared war.

You see, Iran is in fact building a geopolitical sphere of influence based on consensus to probably target the Arab regimes due to their inaction to the Palestinian Holocaust.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Any one want to make a bet that Iran is just blowing smoke our of their asses?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Blowing smoke out their butts is a perfect analogy - I love the Iranian people for many reasons LEAST of all their politics Most of all their humour and passion for life.

I have no doubt that they could get twice that number in volunteers...but I just do not see them leaving the stronghold they have to assist the Palestinians with military forces. More likely they will posture a bit more, flex a few more political muscles and fire up some radicals to go in without their "blessing".

The Iranian leader Ahmawearingjeans (someone else on ATS called himsomething like that I think LOL) is nuts clearly but the Iranians have really been testing out the "wait and see" method and it seems to be working for them more or less.

The issue has been mentioned as well...how the heck are they going to get forces to Gaza?? bulldoze right through Israel? oh I really do not think that would go over well...even with Iranian backers.

it's a terrible situation there and no one is truly going to emerge the victor.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm going to go against the politically correct norm and say that I do not care if they send these suicide bombers over to this conflict.

If 70,000 people are willing to kill themselves for a cause they will never fulfill, that is 70,000 less idiots that I will have the misfortune of saying that I live on the same planet as.

Whats more is that those 70,000 idiots will no doubt take out more idiots in Gaza and Israel who are also fighting for an impossible cause.

Hundreds of thousands of deaths later, when this war and both sides' causes have accomplished nothing - again - hopefully all sides will be defeated enough to the point that this conflict will be resolved and the elites can takeover.

Face it. There will never be peace, and we all know the elites will eventually resolve the last remaining conflict they have no control over and gain that control. Why waste our time parading around the illusionary prospect of peace and point fingers at who's ideology is the right one?

We all know what the end result will be, lets just fast forward to that point and save ourselves a lot of time that would have normally been used researching and debating meaningless half truth propaganda pieces issued by both sides.

I say go for it. I'm tired of hearing the same old regurgitated drivel and the same political posturing every single time a rocket is fired from Gaza. Enough already.

[edit on 1/5/09 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
70,000....it just boggles the mind

wow

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think I lerve you.

Big fat star and flag for you!

I don't agree 100% but dang close...the only thing that get's me is the loss of life...even an idiot should get some compassion. But hey! there's always Martyrdom so i guess it's all good. (had to toss that in)

no flag removed it. star remains though

[edit on 1/5/2009 by justgeneric]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm having a very difficult time comprehending that 70,000 people have volunteered to die for this...

I'm guessing skewed stats on a viral survey that many of the respondents didn't take seriously or a blatant misrepresentation of the facts.

But that is just me...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yeah, Iran is blowing wind out of it's arse but they will need to be careful that someone else doesn't ignite the fart!

IRM

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
memory - Welcome to iranian/Persian bravado 101.

like I said I'd bet that they could drum up twice that overnight if the Iranian Pres said it was beneficial...but when it comes to actually fighting 70K might be a bit too high.

All of the Persians/Iranians I have ever known love to puff up...but prefer to talk rather than exchange fisticuffs and they can TALK. LOL. What we're hearing is pride and posturing and IF need be Iranians likely would rise, but not in the numbers claimed.

they have been greatly enjoying their lives lately. Stability, wealth, western materials and even some tourism...lack of conflict has promoted their growth and I don't think they will hastily give that up for their "brothers" in Gaza.

70K isn't that many really...US and NATO forces have grown far greater than that and it's not really that different.

We're all fighting for the greater good...sadly some use guns and bombs as opposed to alternate nonlethal methods.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Despite the undoubtedly inflated numbers, don't be too sure about this being 'pure' propaganda.

It is with regards to these form of announcements people would be wise to keep in mind the 80-88 Iran - Iraq war.

In particular the Iranian operation Ramadan against Basra.

Iranian human wave assaults comprised of thousands of "martyrdom" volunteers were used to walk the minefields surrounding the city. (Many of whom were even to have been reported to wear their funeral shrouds into the battle).
Somewhere in the region of 80,000 people were killed.

The Iranians were even reported (by the western press) to have had to refuse permission for disabled men and women the right to enlist in the operation.

Government announcements are all very well and good but don't discount the level of belief the citizens show in their own religion.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Did they say how they were gonna get 70,000 people into Gaza?
Cos Israel would probably notice if they came in over land.... And I'm fairly sure they thought about sea... How many shiny new boats bristling with guns and missiles will be bobing around off the coast? Not to mention the air space is pretty much locked down, and has been for years. So all that's left is the startrek transporters... Or mass orbital sky dive.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

1 - I don't believe official Iranian propaganda.

2 - Isreal is a nuclear country and is better equiped. If those people want to go and die, let them. Give 'em all the Darwin Award for 2009.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
You can't believe ANY of the information being released by 'officials' from ANY state anymore.

They have engaged in a continuous practice of misinformation/disinformation and outright lies and fantasy to keep us from ever knowing the truth.

As a result we can't be certain about numbers of people, types of weapons, manners of engagement, civilian casualties, foreign involvement, cost and disposition of 'aid', or any other element of this 'war' - it is a war right? It's been declared, no?

The vagueness of the terrorist angle seems to be serving the PTB well.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Very good thinking OP, in my opinion.this is not about SIDES anymore it is about what is the right thing to do. And the right thing to do is to STOP Iran from entering and stop the killing of civilians by both sides...

I support Israel and their right to stop rockets from landing in their cities, but this is getting to be something more and Israel needs to recognize that fact. The world needs to step in here and provide assurances to both sides that they will be free from harm by the other so we can end this invasion and not drag the world into this fiasco. And that is what it is becoming, a fiasco, the world is starting to pick sides and with so many fights/conflicts/wars going on right now and with most of them including a muslim state or nation or people. India and Pakistan, US and Iraq/Afghanistan etc.etc..

It is time for the world to ensure that this doesn't o any farther and no more civilians or children are seen on tv dead, whether the Israelis killed he child or Hamas made a shield of the child matters not anymore. If this thing goes outside its current sides as the OP's link shows it could, it would not be good for the world. Imagine how it wold go if Iran got involved...

Iran gets involved and Israel can prove it, then the US gets involved and then if Israel hits Iran you have to look at all the treaties these countries have with each other. Egypt, Jordan, Pakistan and others have a treaty with Iran to join if Israel attacks an of them. Israel has treaties with India, US, Britain and others to join them if they are attacked and need help. Did you notice all the Nuclear Power Nations in those treaties?What would happen if India launched at Pakistan? And never forget Israel's Last Option, "The Sampson Option" which is as its name suggests would mean taking down the middle east if Israel thinks it is going down. And with all the Nukes Israel has, believe me they could take down the Middle East fast.

It is time for the world to step in and stp the terrorist group Hamas from sending any rockets into Israel and time for Israel to leave Gaza and let the world ensure their safety so if or when a child is killed it does not lay on Israel but the UN, and the UN can lay it off on the Hamas or whatever happened. The forces going into Israel/Gaza would have to be neutral and all sides would have to have observers included so that no side could cheat or spin...

If the world doesn't get involved to make peace, we will probably be involved in a WAR...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
To be quite frank, I think this is a "good" thing, now allow me to explain.

I do not condone the use of violence, or feel that anyone should be killed. I do not like the violence, or the fact that civilians are being killed in the cross fire. I do not like the idea of war, and I am not a "war monger". I am however, a realist. I see reality for what it is, not for what it -should- be.

With that said, I feel that this middle east cycle of war, cease fire, war, cease fire, war, cease fire has killed countless millions over the history of the region. As it stands, if there is simply another cease fire, then the cycle simply continues, and over the future history, countless more millions will die.

When is enough... well, enough?

This escalation needs to occur. This war has to take place. Total annihilation of one side of the parties has to occur. Only then, is the cycle broken. I know this sounds horrible, and how dare I suggest that millions of innocent people be placed in danger, but the reality is clear. If there is a cease fire, the cycle continues, and as a result, the future deaths of millions, and over a long enough future of cycles, even hundreds of millions, and perhaps even billions, is sealed. These people will not stop fighting until there is a complete annihilation of the other party.

The cycle has to stop. The cycle has to be broken. War must take place for the good of the future. Our future, and the innocent civilians caught in the middle, depend on it.

You may now flame me, curse me, or do whatever you like to me, but you know these facts are true. You know the cycle will not stop. Countless world leaders have tried, and failed.

Note: I do not believe either side is in the right here, and I am not going to get into the politics of the rights and wrongs.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by xmaddness]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

somthing needs to happen... this is totally getting out of hand

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by xstealth

1 - I don't believe official Iranian propaganda.

2 - Isreal is a nuclear country and is better equiped. If those people want to go and die, let them. Give 'em all the Darwin Award for 2009.

The issue is not bombers in Israel. The issue is bombers in the US.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join